Is anyone able to help. My Great grandfather is named Juozas Spurgis 1840-1893. His wife is Ona. His youngest child Petras Osipovich Spurgis was born in 1887 in Vadokliai. (as far as I know he was the youngest) Petras came to the United States and after working in the coal mines in Noble Ohio, moved north and began farming in the Sauble area. (Branch Michigan). Vadokliai is the last known location I have for Juozas. I believe his Grandfather is Matthew Spurgis who served in the Czar's army for 25 years. It is doubtful that the name Matthew was his birth name because once conscripted most if not all were forced to change to a christian sounding name. There is also a family tomb or grave in Vadokliai.
Amongst the children of Juozas were two daughters named Barbara, and Veronika. (Barbara is his firstborn child).
Kazys Mikolo Spurgis was born in 1893. His father's name is also Kazys? He also had a brother named Kazys? One of Kazys Spurgis men had two sons, one named Vytauta and the other Vaclova. Vytauta had a daughter named Laura. (The information on Kazys I received in the Lithuanian language and may have confused some of the information). (Kazys to Vytauta,to Laura is accurate)
My questions are:
1. What were the names of the siblings of Juozas?
2. What was the name of the father of Juozas and names of any siblings?
3. What was the birth name of Matthew his siblings and his children?
4. What is the family connection between Kazys and Juozas?
5. What are the names of the other Spurgis family buried in Vadokliai?
6. What happned to Barbara and Veronika?
Thank you for any help you can provide.
I'm not sure that it's history of my family (facts that I know are different) but place and names are similar. I'll try to clear up it