Relative

Relative

Paul J Platukis
Paul J Platukis

August 8th, 2017, 2:16 am #1

I need help with finding possibilities were my great grandfather came from in lithuania. His name was Felix Platukis wife was Mary. They arrived sometime in 1900's and lived in West hazleton pa.Also,
If there are people who I might be related to.

Star Lakavage
Star Lakavage

August 8th, 2017, 3:22 am #2

Paul
a quick way to pick up some information is thru familysearch.org. Enter the name and you should find several records including a census record, marriage records for children and possibly a draft card. And, it's free. I believe there is also a link to Find a Grave there as well. Best of Luck! Lucky you-the name didn't change. So far, I'm up to 7-8 different spellings of my grandfather's last name.
Star

Jankauskas
Jankauskas

August 8th, 2017, 11:45 am #3

I need help with finding possibilities were my great grandfather came from in lithuania. His name was Felix Platukis wife was Mary. They arrived sometime in 1900's and lived in West hazleton pa.Also,
Paul, Felix Platuckis age 26, arrived Port of New York 30 Oct 1911, sailing from Glasgow, Scotland on 21 Oct 1911. He was going to visit his brother, Isadore Platuckis who lived at 3?? North St, West Hazelton, Pa. Felix lists "Vilno" as his place of birth. His last residence was Scotland. His occupation is a miner. He is Lithuanian. Carl J

Jankauskas
Jankauskas

August 8th, 2017, 11:54 am #4

Paul, Per World War I draft card (1918): Isadore Platukas b. unk month and day, 1886. Lived at 304 Main St Sugar Notch, Pa. Coal miner. Born in "Szuszczekolna", Russia/Lithuania. Has a wife and three children. Carl J

Jankauskas
Jankauskas

August 8th, 2017, 12:15 pm #5

Paul, Felix Platuckis age 26, arrived Port of New York 30 Oct 1911, sailing from Glasgow, Scotland on 21 Oct 1911. He was going to visit his brother, Isadore Platuckis who lived at 3?? North St, West Hazelton, Pa. Felix lists "Vilno" as his place of birth. His last residence was Scotland. His occupation is a miner. He is Lithuanian. Carl J
Paul, Izidor Plotukis age 23 arrived at the Port of New York aboard the SS Columbia sailing from Glasgow, Scotland on 11 Jun 1910. His last residence was Drougan, Scotland. Has a brother Felix Plotukis in Bellshill, Scotland. He was born in "Vilno." He was going to visit cousin Joseph ?Wolasynaysz? who lived at 21 Cranberry St. in Hazelton, Pa. His occupation is miner. Carl J

Jankauskas
Jankauskas

August 11th, 2017, 12:15 pm #6

Paul, On 22 August 1912 Isadore Plautukis dob: 2 Sep 1887, living in W. Hazelton, Pa applied for a marriage license with Antonina Andouscavich dob: 5 May 1890, also living in W. Hazelton, Pa. The marriage was consumated on 20 Nov 1912. Carl J

zemaitis
zemaitis

August 15th, 2017, 6:18 am #7

Surname Platukis was common to the South from Vinius, apr. 80 km. Some Platukis families still live there.

zemaitis
zemaitis

August 16th, 2017, 5:48 am #8

I took short look into one parish book and found some Platukis families there.