Petras Bukanauskas and wife Terese Cilciene Massachusetts

N G
N G

July 20th, 2017, 12:19 am #1

Can you find out anything about these 2 people. Apparently Susan said that Jokubas Cilcius and Terese and Antanina. Terese remarried a Petras Bukanauskas. I found a WWII draft registration for him in Massachusetts. I guess Terese became a widow and Jokubas died and then she remarried. How do we find out when she married this Petras. Also Antanina was listed as a step child according to Susan. Please see if you can find ANYTHING about this so I can have an idea when Jokubas died and then add the new information to my tree.
Thanks so much again for your help.

Jankauskas
Jankauskas

July 21st, 2017, 9:59 pm #2

Norma, I found a Peter BAKANAUSKAS b. 28 May 1886 d. Dec 1977 & his wife Malvina nee Jankanski b. 24 Feb 1891 Lithuania d. Jul 22 1970. Both buried in Pine Grove Cemetery, Plot Redwood Ave. Lot 5 Graves 1 & 2, Lynn, Essex, Mass. The WWII Draft Card I saw lists his wife as "Malvina". Who is Jokubas Cilcius? Is Antonina the Antose Cilciute who married Jurgis Kanavicius/Kanavich? Note surname spelling b"A"kanauskas not b"U"kanauskas.

N G
N G

July 22nd, 2017, 1:37 am #3

Jokubas is the father of Antonina. Jokubas was married to a Terese Jovaisaite. I guess Jokubas died at an early age because I was told that Antonina was listed as a step daughter in a census in Massachusetts. Terese the mother remarried a man by the name of Peter Banakauskas but I do not think it is the one who was born in 1886 that you found because Terese and Peter Bakanauskas were married in 1896. Unless this Peter was the son of the Peter you found. I am wondering if Jokubas died in Lithuania. I do not know when or where Terese died but I would assume it would have been in Massachusetts and probably under the last name of Bakanauskas. See what you can dig up for me because you have worked your magic before. Thanks Carl.

Jankauskas
Jankauskas

July 22nd, 2017, 7:13 pm #4

Norma, Antonina was born Dec 1891 and died 21 Apr 1955 in Mass. under the surname Kanavich. On her Social Security application, or citizenship application (1942), or Massa chussetts death index, there is no indication of any surname other than Cilciuite of Kanavich.

Susan McLaughlin
Susan McLaughlin

July 22nd, 2017, 9:53 pm #5

Jokubas is the father of Antonina. Jokubas was married to a Terese Jovaisaite. I guess Jokubas died at an early age because I was told that Antonina was listed as a step daughter in a census in Massachusetts. Terese the mother remarried a man by the name of Peter Banakauskas but I do not think it is the one who was born in 1886 that you found because Terese and Peter Bakanauskas were married in 1896. Unless this Peter was the son of the Peter you found. I am wondering if Jokubas died in Lithuania. I do not know when or where Terese died but I would assume it would have been in Massachusetts and probably under the last name of Bakanauskas. See what you can dig up for me because you have worked your magic before. Thanks Carl.
Antonina (my paternal grandmother) was not listed as a step-daughter in a census in Massachusetts. She was listed as Petras Banakauskas's step-daughter in the Cilciute family tree on Geni.com. As far as I know, Terese and Petras (who married in 1896 in Nedzinges, Lith according to a note attached to Petras' profile in the Cilciute family tree) never lived in the US and both most likely died in Lithuania. Based on this info, I think it is safe to assume that Jokubas also died in Lithuania. I don't know how exact the info is in the Cilciute family tree but there are no children listed for the union of Petras and Terese. The only child listed for Petras is his step-daughter, Antonina. .

Hope this helps clear up a little of the confusion.