On-siteGenealogists

Mark Smith
Mark Smith

August 10th, 2017, 2:30 pm #1

Is there an association of professional genealogists in Lithuania? We are new to this, and feel tentative about contacting genealogists we do not know.

Star Lakavage
Star Lakavage

August 10th, 2017, 8:27 pm #2

Mark
I can't provide any info on genealogists in Lithuania but you might try contacting Balzekas's Museum of Lithuanian Culture in Chicago. They have a genealogy section and can provide some help, for a fee and they may be able to help you find a dependable genealogist in Lithuania. Very nice folks-they gave me a surprise by finding my grandfather's application for citizenship to the US. The person to contact would most likely be Karile Vaitkute. They have a website if interested.
Star

Jankauskas
Jankauskas

August 11th, 2017, 12:11 pm #3

Is there an association of professional genealogists in Lithuania? We are new to this, and feel tentative about contacting genealogists we do not know.
Mark, There is a person named "Zemaitis" who lives in Lithuania and visits this site regularly. He will do research for you in Lithuania for a fee. Other people on this site have recommended him. Carl J

Mike B.
Mike B.

August 12th, 2017, 12:00 am #4

I would highly recommend him for any genealogical research. I was very pleased with the work he did for me.

Elena
Elena

August 20th, 2017, 8:33 pm #5

I highly recommend Zemaitis for any genealogy research in Lithuania. He is extremely knowledgeable and efficient in researching documents and locations. His fees are in incredibly reasonable compared to other genealogists. I offer this recommendation as a personal recommendation as he located my heritage family after an abscence of contact for over 50 years. He also was my guide, driver and translator on my first visit to my family in the homeland