Need help with ancestry

Need help with ancestry

David Ruklic Zabrockas
David Ruklic Zabrockas

July 5th, 2012, 4:26 am #1

Hello,

I need to find more information about my great grandfather. His name was Anton Zabrockas or a spelling close to that. We think he came from Barninkai, and he left there for Chicago around 1890. Our family is interested in confirming his existence in this town and possibly learning more about his family. Any help would be appreciated. My email is ruklic@sbcglobal.net

Dave
Chicago

Tom S.
Tom S.

July 5th, 2012, 2:09 pm #2

I would suggest you start with what you know and work backwards.

Was Anton alive for the 1940 Census or the 1942 WW II Old Man's Draft Registration? When did he die?

You also need to find him in the prior censuses (1930 and earlier). Did he ever begin the process to become a citizen?

I take it you have not found his arrival in the U.S. which might yield info regarding where he came from in Lithuania?

Tom S.

nancy
nancy

July 24th, 2012, 3:12 am #3

Hello,

I need to find more information about my great grandfather. His name was Anton Zabrockas or a spelling close to that. We think he came from Barninkai, and he left there for Chicago around 1890. Our family is interested in confirming his existence in this town and possibly learning more about his family. Any help would be appreciated. My email is ruklic@sbcglobal.net

Dave
Chicago
The LDS site has him on the 1930 census. It lists his immigration year as 1892.