MODERATOR ATTENTION PLEASE

MODERATOR ATTENTION PLEASE

Gee Jay
Gee Jay

May 13th, 2017, 7:16 pm #1

I'm concerned that the three messages posted below may be pointing to phishing sites. Can the moderator please delete these three posts?

Everyone else, please do not click on any of the links. I think your computer might be harmed if you do so.

Jankauskas
Jankauskas

May 13th, 2017, 8:21 pm #2

Gee Jay, I am not the site administrator. Trolls have be contaminating this site, on occasion, for a few years. They seem to have driven a lot of former contributors away from this site away. It really got serious some time ago and the administrator cleaned it up on a daily basis, however they seem to be back. Carl J

Gee Jay
Gee Jay

May 20th, 2017, 7:42 pm #3

I'm not concerned about trolls or even everyday off-topic messages. What concerns me are posts that contain links that someone may click and thereby contract a computer virus.

Do you know who is the administrator and how s/he might be contacted? Thanks again for everything you do on this site.

Jankasukas
Jankasukas

May 20th, 2017, 8:30 pm #4

Gee Jay, On Dec 14 2014 (see post that date) a "Richard" from the Lithuanian Genealogical Society took charge as the site administrator and stated he would keep up with the "troll" posts. There were in excess of 100 in one day. I assume he is still the site adminstrator. I have not heard of anyone getting a virus. etc from the troll posts, however I'm sure it could happen. Hopefully, he reads these posts. Carl J

Gee Jay
Gee Jay

May 28th, 2017, 7:28 am #5

I wrote to someone on their site but I didn't hear back. I think we're on our own!

Jankauskas
Jankauskas

May 29th, 2017, 1:15 am #6

It certainly seems that way.

Joe B
Joe B

May 30th, 2017, 11:14 am #7

Hi, As you know this site has been troubled by the Trolls and other unwanted things as are most of these type of sites, I am doing my best to keep them at bay and sometimes it gets away from me with everything else that goes on.
Please contact me if something comes up that is not done right away and I will see to it that it is taken care of, this is a wonderful site with great people and information so I want to keep it going and as safe as possible for all
Thanks!
Joe

May 30th, 2017, 4:03 pm #8

I'm concerned that the three messages posted below may be pointing to phishing sites. Can the moderator please delete these three posts?

Everyone else, please do not click on any of the links. I think your computer might be harmed if you do so.
Hi, As you know this site has been troubled by the Trolls and other unwanted things as are most of these type of sites, I am doing my best to keep them at bay and sometimes it gets away from me with everything else that goes on.
Please contact me if something comes up that is not done right away and I will see to it that it is taken care of, this is a wonderful site with great people and information so I want to keep it going and as safe as possible for all
Thanks!
Joe

Jankauskas
Jankauskas

May 30th, 2017, 11:08 pm #9

Thanks!
Joe
Joe, Thanks for your concern. Where do I/we contact you? On this forum? Carl J

June 1st, 2017, 12:22 pm #10

I thought my contact info showed? maybe forgot to check that off but all please do not hesitate to contact me jbarlow5@aol.com