Jurgis Kanevicius

Susan McLaughlin
Susan McLaughlin

July 19th, 2017, 7:57 pm #1

I am seeking information on Jurgis Kanevicius/Kanewicaz/Kaniaviczius - parents, siblings, birthplace, etc. Americanized surname is Kanavich. Born April 23, 1885 in Lithuania, possibly Burokaraistis or someplace near there. Immigrated to the U.S. in 1911 and settled in South Boston, MA. Married Antonina Cilciute in 1913. Died April 29, 1936 in Cambridge, MA.

E.L.
E.L.

July 20th, 2017, 6:19 am #2

Hello,

no Jurgis Kanevicius born in 23-apr-1885 (all 1885) neither Merkine, neither Nedzinge.

Susan McLaughlin
Susan McLaughlin

July 21st, 2017, 5:54 pm #3

Thanks for the info. Will keep trying.

Susan McLaughlin
Susan McLaughlin

July 21st, 2017, 7:55 pm #4

Additional information on Jurgis Kanevicius from the record of his marriage to Antonina Cilcius. Jurgis's parents listed as Matkei Kaniawiss and Agata Rusteikas.

Jankauskas
Jankauskas

July 22nd, 2017, 10:07 pm #5

I am seeking information on Jurgis Kanevicius/Kanewicaz/Kaniaviczius - parents, siblings, birthplace, etc. Americanized surname is Kanavich. Born April 23, 1885 in Lithuania, possibly Burokaraistis or someplace near there. Immigrated to the U.S. in 1911 and settled in South Boston, MA. Married Antonina Cilciute in 1913. Died April 29, 1936 in Cambridge, MA.
Susan, Jerzy Kanewicz age 26 arrived Port of New York on 18 April 1911 aboard the SS President Grant which sailed from Hamburg, Germany on 6 April 1911. His father was Mateus Kanewicz and he was from ?Gowloki? Russia. He was going to ?237 D St? in "South Boston" to visit Wincenty ?Giransk?. Ancestry has him indexed as "Ferzy" Kanewicz. Hamburg as "Jerzy" Kanewicz. Hamburg lists town as "Bowloki" New York as "Gowloki". I think this may be your Jurgis Kanavich. Some spellings are hard to read. Carl J

Jankauskas
Jankauskas

July 22nd, 2017, 10:31 pm #6

The town mentioned on the ship manifestsmay be KAULAKIAI, Raseiniai, Lithuania.

Susan McLaughlin
Susan McLaughlin

July 24th, 2017, 10:20 pm #7

Susan, Jerzy Kanewicz age 26 arrived Port of New York on 18 April 1911 aboard the SS President Grant which sailed from Hamburg, Germany on 6 April 1911. His father was Mateus Kanewicz and he was from ?Gowloki? Russia. He was going to ?237 D St? in "South Boston" to visit Wincenty ?Giransk?. Ancestry has him indexed as "Ferzy" Kanewicz. Hamburg as "Jerzy" Kanewicz. Hamburg lists town as "Bowloki" New York as "Gowloki". I think this may be your Jurgis Kanavich. Some spellings are hard to read. Carl J
Thank you, thank you, thank you. Much of the info is very close to what is on my grandfather's Declaration of Intention (to naturalize). Will ck Ancestry again using the name Ferzy Kanewicz.

Susan McLaughlin
Susan McLaughlin

July 24th, 2017, 10:22 pm #8

The town mentioned on the ship manifestsmay be KAULAKIAI, Raseiniai, Lithuania.
Thanks