Jonas Kairevicius

Jonas Kairevicius

Peter Manton
Peter Manton

September 4th, 2017, 12:26 pm #1

Looking for information on Jonas Kairevicius, birth date 6th August 1922 in suspected Vilnius, Lithuania. Brother of Bruno, Sister of Suzannah (Unsure if spelt correctly). Jonas escaped the Germans and travelled to England during the war. He died in Middlesbrough, England on 10th October 1922.

Any information or help would be great, thank you.

Peter

peter.manton@hotmail.co.uk

Judith
Judith

September 7th, 2017, 3:21 am #2

There is a marriage record and a death record for Jonas on familysearch.org. This is a free search site

Peter
Peter

September 9th, 2017, 8:57 am #3

Hi Judith, thanks for your reply. I've been able to locate those records as they were during his time in England. I am struggling with his birth record and his mother, father and siblings. Or any census records prior to the war.
If you are able to advise or point me in the right direction that would be great.
Thanks again
Peter

Judith
Judith

September 21st, 2017, 2:13 am #4

Looking for information on Jonas Kairevicius, birth date 6th August 1922 in suspected Vilnius, Lithuania. Brother of Bruno, Sister of Suzannah (Unsure if spelt correctly). Jonas escaped the Germans and travelled to England during the war. He died in Middlesbrough, England on 10th October 1922.

Any information or help would be great, thank you.

Peter

peter.manton@hotmail.co.uk
Peter, have you found immigration record for Jonas. Where did he sail from?. Have you requested his full marriage applications. There is often additional information present n the full application. Here in the U.S. Applications contain the names of each
applicants parents including mother's maiden name.

Peter
Peter

September 23rd, 2017, 7:48 am #5

Hi Judith, thanks for your message and advice. Unfortunately I have been unsuccessful in locating any immigration records. It is known that my Grandfather escaped the death camps in Lithuania during World War II and travelled to England. His Brother & Father lost there lives in those camps. I do not know if his travel would have been documented anywhere. If you have any further recommendations that would be appreciated.
Thanks, Peter

Judith
Judith

September 25th, 2017, 11:38 pm #6

Peter, it's a long shot but there are 2 Jonas Karevicius Facebook pages. Both live in Vilnius. Download Google translate and set it up to translate English to Lithuanian. Write out your information and just ask if there is any information or connection with their family or ancestors.

Sometimes these longshots pay off. I cannot find any sort of immigration record for Jonas

Peter
Peter

September 26th, 2017, 4:05 pm #7

Thanks Judith, like you say you never know.