Checking a Lithuanian Address

Checking a Lithuanian Address

Peter Manton
Peter Manton

September 23rd, 2017, 8:55 am #1

Is there a way of checking the occupants of an address in Kaunas? I have an address for a family member of over 16 years ago and would like to know if they still occupy the same residence.
Thanks

zemaitis
zemaitis

September 23rd, 2017, 6:05 pm #2

I live in Kaunas. How I can help you?

Peter
Peter

September 23rd, 2017, 7:55 pm #3

Hi, is there an address database to check if an occupant is still living there? I have no record if they are still alive.
Thanks

zemaitis
zemaitis

September 24th, 2017, 7:07 pm #4

No. Do you have any address?

Peter
Peter

September 24th, 2017, 9:53 pm #5

Yes i have a known address but it was 16 years ago and is unknown if the person still resides there or is even living.

Judith
Judith

September 25th, 2017, 4:12 am #6

Hi, is there an address database to check if an occupant is still living there? I have no record if they are still alive.
Thanks
My guess that the best way through know who lives
there is to have someone go to the address and check to see who is living there

Peter
Peter

September 25th, 2017, 12:27 pm #7

Is there not a directory of any sort with addresses and occupants?

Judith
Judith

September 26th, 2017, 4:22 pm #8

Peter,
My best guess would be no. There is a telephone directory but not sure it would give you the information you want. Having visited Lithuania to reunite with my family, I can tell you there are many small villages, etc where you would need to visit to check residents. Honestly, your best bet is to have someone check.

Judith
Judith

September 26th, 2017, 4:26 pm #9

The gentleman. Zemaitis, who is also responding to you is the researcher I used to find my family. I do know him personally as he was my interpreter, guide, driver on both of my visits to Lithuania. He is very reasonable question n terms of fees and I know he would be a good resource to use to check out the address. He may also be able to get information from neighbors, etc if the occupants have changed