USDM headlight install on Altezza

CameronR
Soccer Mom
CameronR
Soccer Mom

February 26th, 2018, 6:53 pm #1

I am trying to install USDM headlights into my JDM Altezza, mainly to get a proper light pattern for driving on the right here in North America. I think some have done this before? After modifying the fender mounting points, do the lights sit flush? I saw this thread on My IS, and am getting a little freaked out: http://my.is/forums/f92/altezza-headlig ... on-285225/

Anyone can give me an idea how this all turns out before I hack up my fender??

thanks!

May 21st, 2018, 7:46 am #2

Can't help too much I'm afraid only to add that I have got an Altezza and the Lexus IS200 (UKDM) fitted as replacements and they are the same (apart from having electric adjusters but I just haven't connected them up and you can do it manually still anyways). i had heard the IS300 (UKDM) headlights were a bit different to bot Altezza and IS200.

I can also add that what the guy in that thread says about Z editions having HID is rubbish (as later in the thread suggests) as mine and any others I've seen haven't bot HID. The spec of the Z edition Altezzas is varied to say the least anyways!!

Hope you manage to sort this one :)

silverhelix
Body-Kitted
silverhelix
Body-Kitted

Today, 4:37 am #3

2 brackets behind lights that need to come out to accept the US lights, I've done it & yes it works.