D I Y Fog To Brake Light Conversion

FLEX
Sleeper
FLEX
Sleeper

September 2nd, 2004, 9:54 am #1

figure I make this a new thread ...

Ok Guys -

heres the link to the Fog to Brake light conversion.
goes fairly into detail.

http://www.altezzaclub.org.au/fog_mods.htm

Please note that design of the web page is still in construction - so until the new format is underway - you will have to view it as is... still good !!

enjoy ...

also anyone accomplishing this mod or even making slight adjustment for easier install - pls let me know.
Last edited by FLEX on September 22nd, 2008, 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

SSML
Custom
SSML
Custom

September 2nd, 2004, 1:10 pm #2

Hi:
Very useful IS200. I followed the instruction and done the mod! v cool. The only thing I would suggest is to make a note which wire is for Left and Right (I used masking tape to stick on cables to mark). So in case if one of the fog is not working, u know which cable to look for possible bad connection.

I guess for JDM Altezza and USA IS300 owners, there is no need for this mod as the rear inner lights (rear fog for euro,AUS IS200/IS300) also lit up when lights are turned on and become brighter under brake. (I noticed that from Best Motoring video and GT3 game)
please correct me if I am wrong.

SSML
Last edited by SSML on September 2nd, 2004, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
02 IS200 Lux6MT BneAus
2008 addition: DIY job:DBA 4000series x-drilled rotors + bendix pads :D

lextcy
Lowered
lextcy
Lowered

September 3rd, 2004, 9:39 am #3

I added a switch so I can disable the mod and return it to default easily
But i just leave it on all the time

FLEX
Sleeper
FLEX
Sleeper

September 3rd, 2004, 11:27 am #4

dam edwin !! can we all have a beer and you can show us how its done ..?? **ahem** like do it for us ..?? :D

Stephen
Targa Master
Stephen
Targa Master

September 3rd, 2004, 1:17 pm #5

"Altezza Club of Australia will not be help responsible for any damage sustained however caused!!!!!"

Sorry..just a typo....should that be "held"? :P

az3
az3

October 4th, 2004, 6:32 pm #6

SSML,Sep 3 2004 wrote: Hi:
Very useful IS200. I followed the instruction and done the mod! v cool. The only thing I would suggest is to make a note which wire is for Left and Right (I used masking tape to stick on cables to mark). So in case if one of the fog is not working, u know which cable to look for possible bad connection.

I guess for JDM Altezza and USA IS300 owners, there is no need for this mod as the rear inner lights (rear fog for euro,AUS IS200/IS300) also lit up when lights are turned on and become brighter under brake. (I noticed that from Best Motoring video and GT3 game)
please correct me if I am wrong.

SSML
rear fog light is factory/dealer fitted option on altezza in japan part of winter pack but there wont be a inner boot mounted parking light or brake light if the altezza does come with a rear fog light option.
Last edited by az3 on October 4th, 2004, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brian_J
Sleeper

October 5th, 2004, 9:44 am #7

umm just wondering, is this mod "legal" on the roads and stuff in australia(nsw)?
2001 IS200 6MT

Stephen
Targa Master
Stephen
Targa Master

October 5th, 2004, 10:50 am #8

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that the fogs are only permitted to be on in conditions of poor visibility.

az3
az3

October 5th, 2004, 3:58 pm #9

Stephen,Oct 5 2004 wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that the fogs are only permitted to be on in conditions of poor visibility.
correct.in poor visibility/fog condition.
rear fog lights are compulsory in europe just wonder why aus/ nz does not require them as standard by law even though some nz/aus spec cars got them as standard.....

SSML
Custom
SSML
Custom

October 6th, 2004, 11:32 am #10

From my understanding and obsevations from videos and magazines, US and JP models will have inner lights(IS200/300 rear fogs) on at the same time as the outter lights (IS200/300 brake lights).
So all 4 round lights will be on when parking lights is switched on, then all 4 round lights will become brighter when brake is applied. so all 4 lights must have 2 filament bulbs. please correct me any JDM Altezza owner if I am wrong.

In AU, Europe, the inner lights are purely act as "Fog lights" (Same for GS300 too)

and Yes, It's illegal ( in QLD at least) as u are only allow to have 3 brake lights switched on at once.
That's why the dealers have to disconnect the original 3rd brake light if u fit an optional boot spoiler with brake light on.
But u still see Grey imported Skylines with 4 round lights+ 3rd brake lights on during brake.
SSML
02 IS200 Lux6MT BneAus
2008 addition: DIY job:DBA 4000series x-drilled rotors + bendix pads :D