AS200/1GFE Beams Wiring help

TezAltezza
Soccer Mom
TezAltezza
Soccer Mom

September 2nd, 2018, 12:34 am #1

Hey guys,

So I have an imported GXE10 Altezza AS200 here stateside with a 1G-FE beams. I recently have swapped the car from Auto to manual transmission using a transmission and ecu from a motorset I purchased. I have almost everything done aside from some things, any help wiring or if anyone has done this swap I would appreciate info as I have searched hours and gone through so many tutorials. The hard part is most info is for the american 2JZ or the beams 3G-SE.

The car starts and drives with no issues, however once I go over 80kmh I get a code. I do not have a scanner yet that can read the JDM ecu, however If I jump the diagnostic port my light flashes 4 times, break, then 2 times indicating Error 42 or P0500 which is speed sensor issue. I have wired up my speed sensor from the J160 as follows 1-12V, 2-Ground, 3- Sensor signal output. I have used the harness from the motorset I purchased and tested the speed sensor circuit and have supplied it to the exact same on my car. I am still throwing this code once driving.

The A/T speed sensor uses 5V supply to the speed sensor, I have read mixed things on the M/T getting 12V for its power supply.

Just want some clarity if anyone can provide.

Thanks,

Joe,
joefishizzle@gmail.com

greeneyes
Targa Master
greeneyes
Targa Master

September 9th, 2018, 11:53 am #2

I've tossed what I have in an email, see how you go. I haven't done this swap, but I think there was mention of speed sensor issues in converting auto to manual.

Let us know how you go, maybe we can pin in down when you know more.