My Thumbnail Artwork

April 12th, 2016, 9:20 pm #1

Hey guys! I've been working on a custom thumbnail for my Let's Plays, and was wondering if you could give me some feedback? For the longest time I've loved to draw
cartoons, and decided it was high time I ditched the rather generic thumbnails I've been making for my channel and do something a little flashier. So, tell me what you think.

I'll probably post more as I do them, but for now here's the one I made for my Super Mario Sunshine playthrough.

New videos every Mon-Fri!: youtube | twitter | vidme | deviantart

April 14th, 2016, 5:08 pm #2

I've been watching your series and I gotta say, this is totally deserving of the awesomeness that is your videos. :-) The art is reminiscent enough of the Mario franchise's playful, childlike style that it's very fitting, but it also has an undeniable style of its own.

The one thing I would change is the color of your episode numbers. There's a lot of color going on in the thumbnail, so the episode number gets lost due to the fact that it's the same blend of colors as the sky behind it. Even at full-size here, it's easy to miss, so it'll be even more difficult to see when YouTube shrinks it down. Maybe make it red, yellow, or orange?

April 14th, 2016, 6:10 pm #3

redxrain3 wrote:I've been watching your series and I gotta say, this is totally deserving of the awesomeness that is your videos. :-) The art is reminiscent enough of the Mario franchise's playful, childlike style that it's very fitting, but it also has an undeniable style of its own.

The one thing I would change is the color of your episode numbers. There's a lot of color going on in the thumbnail, so the episode number gets lost due to the fact that it's the same blend of colors as the sky behind it. Even at full-size here, it's easy to miss, so it'll be even more difficult to see when YouTube shrinks it down. Maybe make it red, yellow, or orange?
Thank you so much! That means a lot!

Yeah I think you're right. A nice orange should compliment the blue sky just nicely! Thanks!!

April 15th, 2016, 2:41 pm #4

That thumbnail looks badass! How long does it take to make a thumbnail like that??

April 15th, 2016, 9:11 pm #5

Connors Let's Play Channel wrote:That thumbnail looks badass! How long does it take to make a thumbnail like that??
I think it took me about four or five hours, and a good chunk of that was finding references to use, haha!

April 27th, 2016, 5:58 pm #6

Just whipped up a new thumbnail for our Eternal Darkness Let's Play. What do you think?

April 27th, 2016, 9:55 pm #7

Personally, I love your drawing style. I would just make the game logo itself a bit bigger, because some people have to see them on tiny screens, so a larger logo will show a bit better. Otherwise, this is awesome.
Mycosa at Long Night Entertainment
YouTube Channel at: Mycosa at Long Night Entertainment
Livestreams at: Late Night Livestream

Representing the Holy Knights of Westmarch Diablo 3 guild, because they is good peeps. :D

April 28th, 2016, 1:23 pm #8

Very nice style :) keep it up!

April 28th, 2016, 6:05 pm #9

Mycosa wrote:Personally, I love your drawing style. I would just make the game logo itself a bit bigger, because some people have to see them on tiny screens, so a larger logo will show a bit better. Otherwise, this is awesome.
I had it all sketched out with the intention of using a bigger logo, but then Alex came along and ruined it all (haha). I'll have to have a play around and see what I can do, because it is a little too small. Also, thank you!
ZgonGG wrote:Very nice style :) keep it up!
Thank you very, very much!

April 28th, 2016, 9:40 pm #10

Here's another one for our Rocket Knight Adventures Let's Play. :)