Farming For Views

August 15th, 2018, 4:04 pm #1

I recently joined a YouTubers group on Facebook and was quickly contacted by an individual asking me if I want to participate in a practice I can only call view farming. The idea is that they make a playlist and add a video of everybody who participates in it. Then those who are on the playlist have to watch the whole playlist and that should get everyone a bunch of watch time... I personally am not comfortable with artificial channel growth and don't see this as very different than sub 4 sub. They make it seem like a way to get your videos to get in front of more people by having it rank better. (Not sure what that means)
Last edited by HappyTrigger on August 15th, 2018, 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 19th, 2018, 4:31 am #2

Normally I wouldn't be content with artificial channel growth either. I'd like to experience some camaraderie with the people I work with. That being said, I think it's entirely up to the participants if it is worth their time.

Generally speaking, groups done right can provide a sense of belonging and a greater sense of purpose. But the needs for an individual are going to vary from person to person. If you don't feel comfortable with it and are dead-set on not taking part in it, then don't do it.

TLDR...it's up to you.
Archon and moderator. If you have any questions, please PM me on LPS.

I aim to bathe my Overlords' enemies in their own blood...

GreatTreeJam's YouTube
GreatTreeJam's Twitter

August 22nd, 2018, 2:32 am #3

Yeah it's one of those things that I don't think I want to try just yet. I'm going to do this the old fashioned way to start.