Bayonetta Thumbnail

May 1st, 2017, 4:49 am #1

Hiya,

Making a thumb for our upcoming LP of Bayonetta. Would love some feedback.

Is it too much? Too Busy? Not enough detail?

Also, I had to compress the crap out of it in order to attach it. I'm sorry if it's too pixelated.
Alternatively, click HERE for the same but better quality.

Thanks in advance

WIP_Bayonetta___1_thumb2_smaller..jpeg
WIP_Bayonetta___1_thumb2_smaller..jpeg
Last edited by Just Mad Gamers on May 1st, 2017, 5:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

May 2nd, 2017, 2:28 pm #2

The art is great, and I like it a lot. However, I think it may be a bit too busy. The title of the game seems to be lost among everything surrounding it. If I saw this as a smaller thumbnail while scrolling YouTube, it wouldn't be immediately apparent to be that this is a Bayonetta video. Perhaps give some more space surrounding the title to give it a bit more breathing room, because nothing seems to stand out currently. As just an art piece, it's good. But the purpose of a thumbnail is to grab attention and inform the viewer of content, and I don't think this effectively does that. Love the cartoon style though!

May 2nd, 2017, 2:44 pm #3

I appreciate the feedback. I was working on it last night and thought the same thing! As a Youtube thumb, it does need to grab attention. So in light of this, I can make two versions: one that zooms into the title more with the main character's faces and the full one that plays in the animatic intro when the viewer plays the video. Maybe?

What do think? Am I too greedy to want to grab attention with a zoomed in version and showcase the art in the intro?

May 2nd, 2017, 2:55 pm #4

Zooming in might work. Also, if there's a way to add a stroke or glow around the title in the original image, I think that could help it pop out some more.

May 3rd, 2017, 2:39 pm #6

I agree that the original thumbnail looks a bit busy. The largest offender is the stuff in the middle with the two characters and the title itself. It's good original work (I assume) so that's a plus!

May 6th, 2017, 9:22 pm #8

Nice! as a big bayonetta fan this looks really good it makes me wanna play it again seeing it great job!!

June 19th, 2017, 4:27 pm #9

Rockheadrumble wrote:Nice! as a big bayonetta fan this looks really good it makes me wanna play it again seeing it great job!!
Nice! I'm glad the art invokes that kind of emotion.
Thank you