Thanos: The Movie AKA AVENGERZZZ INFINITE WARZ (SPOILERS WITHIN)

bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷

April 29th, 2018, 1:57 am #1

If you haven't watched this yet and care about spoilers, stay out of this thread until you see the movie.

SPOILER WARNING SPACE

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷

April 29th, 2018, 2:02 am #2

Saw Infinite WarThanos: The Movie.  My favorite part was at the end, where someone yelled out "I AM SO CONFUSED RIGHT NOW" and everybody agreed and burst out laughing. 😂

I see a lot of people saying this was a snoozer.  It was pretty damn long, however, so I'm glad we went to an early show this morning.  This is basically the "Empire Strikes Back" of all the Avengers movies and it's kind of a downer if you're rooting for the good guys, but it's all being done to set up the sequel next year where 99% of all the shit that happens here will be null and void by the end.  

This was kind of like several movies all rolled into one.  The space stuff was the best and the earth stuff was where it all felt kind of pointless.  Several characters seemed pretty useless and almost unnecessary here, like Black Widow, Falcon, and Captain America.  Two of the characters were also incredibly selfish- If Starlord and Scarlet Witch weren't so worried about  Gamora and Vision dying, Thanos would have been defeated.  Good job, "heroes."

Some of the acting was kind of off, but Josh Brolin as Thanos really stood out.  This movie was really all about him, and they almost made him seem sympathetic by the end, which was weird.  Something that someone pointed out on another forum that made me LOL- why didn't Thanos just get all the gems and then use his omnipotent power to create more resources/food for all the populated planets in the universe instead of killing half the population?  LMAO, his motivations makes no sense if you think about it.

Overall, Thor Ragnarok is the best Marvel movie and they should do more films like that.  😉

Leguna
Site Admin
Leguna
Site Admin

April 30th, 2018, 2:50 pm #3

Plot holes...

1. Dr Strange could have turned back time to his own advantage at any point and didn't.

2. Dr Strange could have made a portal to a crazy dimension and just push Thanos into it.

3. Dr Strange could have put Thanos into an infinite loop like he did Normamu (however that is spelled).

4. Why did Thanos want to get rid of 50% of everyone again?  What was that solving that couldn't have been solved some other way with less casualties.

Still my favorite movie ever!

bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷

April 30th, 2018, 4:17 pm #4

Leguna wrote: Plot holes...

1. Dr Strange could have turned back time to his own advantage at any point and didn't.

2. Dr Strange could have made a portal to a crazy dimension and just push Thanos into it.

3. Dr Strange could have put Thanos into an infinite loop like he did Normamu (however that is spelled).
It was shown during various points in the movie that Strange's magic was formidable, but not enough to handle the Infinite stones.  Thanos himself also has a lot of power.  I don't remember Dr. Strange playing a big part of these stories in the comics but basically Thanos kicked everyone's ass regardless.
4. Why did Thanos want to get rid of 50% of everyone again?  What was that solving that couldn't have been solved some other way with less casualties.
That's what I mentioned above.  He wanted to get rid of people to "balance out" the universe.
Still my favorite movie ever!
LOL. But the bigger LOL is Matrix Reloaded or whichever one of those two shitty sequels was your previous favorite. I don't even. 😂

Leguna
Site Admin
Leguna
Site Admin

May 1st, 2018, 2:39 pm #5

Matrix Reloaded was an exceptional film!  There was no action film like it when it released.  Remember...

bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷

May 1st, 2018, 2:42 pm #6

Svejk
Czech Yourself
Svejk
Czech Yourself

May 2nd, 2018, 2:11 pm #7

Leguna wrote: Matrix Reloaded was an exceptional film!  There was no action film like it when it released.  Remember...

Shino
Up InDis
Shino
Up InDis

May 7th, 2018, 5:23 pm #8

bork wrote:I see a lot of people saying this was a snoozer.  It was pretty damn long, however, so I'm glad we went to an early show this morning.  This is basically the "Empire Strikes Back" of all the Avengers movies and it's kind of a downer if you're rooting for the good guys, but it's all being done to set up the sequel next year where 99% of all the shit that happens here will be null and void by the end.  
Yeah it felt that way... and yeah... seems like it will be. I'd like them to go the Nebula route with the reversal though. That would be cool to see.
bork wrote:This was kind of like several movies all rolled into one.  The space stuff was the best and the earth stuff was where it all felt kind of pointless.  Several characters seemed pretty useless and almost unnecessary here, like Black Widow, Falcon, and Captain America.  Two of the characters were also incredibly selfish- If Starlord and Scarlet Witch weren't so worried about  Gamora and Vision dying, Thanos would have been defeated.  Good job, "heroes."
Not sure how Scarlet/Vision had an affect? I mean Scarlet destroyed the stone... and Thanos just used the time stone.
bork wrote:Some of the acting was kind of off, but Josh Brolin as Thanos really stood out.  This movie was really all about him, and they almost made him seem sympathetic by the end, which was weird.  Something that someone pointed out on another forum that made me LOL- why didn't Thanos just get all the gems and then use his omnipotent power to create more resources/food for all the populated planets in the universe instead of killing half the population?  LMAO, his motivations makes no sense if you think about it.
Oh... that's interesting.
bork wrote:Overall, Thor Ragnarok is the best Marvel movie and they should do more films like that.  😉
I haven't decided yet if I like Ragnarok better than this. I thought they did a great job giving everyone a part. And Thor was awesome in this too.

Also...
yeah...
Matrix Reloaded sucks.
There was one good thing about that movie... it was the highway scene... the rest is trash.

Svejk
Czech Yourself
Svejk
Czech Yourself

May 7th, 2018, 5:46 pm #9

I still haven't see the first Captain 'Murca. ROFLLLLL.  At this point, I'm waiting till the last phase is done, then I'll watch them all...  well, most of them.
BTW, what's there to spoil? Is it really that much different from the comic? lol

Shino
Up InDis
Shino
Up InDis

May 7th, 2018, 6:11 pm #10

Not everyone has read the comics.  ;)

Sooooo...

https://movieweb.com/avengers-infinity- ... s-meaning/

Yeah... right in the feels.