Tesla Model 3!

Leguna
Site Admin
Leguna
Site Admin

April 1st, 2016, 1:16 pm #1

Tesla finally revealed their economy car!!!  MODEL 3!!!!!!!

https://www.teslamotors.com/model3
$35k
215 miles
Autopilot

THIS IS MY NEXT CAR!!!!

Here's the keynote on it:

Shino
Up InDis
Shino
Up InDis

April 1st, 2016, 4:48 pm #2

This is where I should throw out some info about the bolt... but the Bolt just doesn't have as much style as this vehicle does.
Even though I don't like the look of this all that much, it's still more stylish than the bolt. And dat tablet!

Shino
Up InDis
Shino
Up InDis

April 1st, 2016, 6:37 pm #3

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah...

I just reserved one.

bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷

April 1st, 2016, 6:40 pm #4

:[

Leguna
Site Admin
Leguna
Site Admin

April 4th, 2016, 12:03 am #5

Shino wrote:This is where I should throw out some info about the bolt... but the Bolt just doesn't have as much style as this vehicle does.
Even though I don't like the look of this all that much, it's still more stylish than the bolt. And dat tablet!
The Bolt is more expensive than the Tesla by quite a bit. The Model 3 is $35k BEFORE tax incentives, the Bolt is $30k AFTER tax incentives. The federal tax incentive is $7500, do the math.

Shino
Up InDis
Shino
Up InDis

April 4th, 2016, 12:27 pm #6

Leguna wrote:
Shino wrote:This is where I should throw out some info about the bolt... but the Bolt just doesn't have as much style as this vehicle does.
The Bolt is more expensive than the Tesla by quite a bit. The Model 3 is $35k BEFORE tax incentives, the Bolt is $30k AFTER tax incentives. The federal tax incentive is $7500, do the math.
A few things for informational purposes Leguna...
First... I didn't mention the price b/c I didn't think it needed to be mentioned. I already did the math.
Second... the Bolt's final price has not been announced yet... They said "around $30k."
Third... The Bolt will beat the Model 3 to the market by over a year as it is actually going to be available this year.
Finally... and most importantly... You should read up on that incentive... it seems as if you don't know all the ins and outs.

The chances of you getting the full incentive from the Tesla are far lower than getting it with the Bolt.
Go read up on the incentive. It's only available for the first 200K vehicles sold for a given automaker.
Then it goes through a "phase out" period.
Just so you know... Tesla has sold around 50K vehicles already, the Model 3 doesn't hit until end of NEXT year (so there will be more sales between now and then) and there are 230K+ reserved already. Not everyone will get the full rebate and some may not get a rebate at all.
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2016 ... edits.html

Leguna
Site Admin
Leguna
Site Admin

April 4th, 2016, 2:15 pm #7

The price is of the Bolt doesn't seem to be an estimate, it is being claimed to be $37k MSRP on their site so I think that's the final price. But you are right that the tax incentive maybe gone by then, which would make the Bolt cheaper.

In all honesty, Tesla's quality and way of doing business is so impressive that I would be willing to pay more for a Tesla. But we'll see. That's a lot of money either way when compared to a combustion car. I just hope my shitty Ford Escape will last that long. My family normally buys Toyota and I decided to buy Ford and now I know not to do that ever again.

Svejk
Czech Yourself
Svejk
Czech Yourself

April 4th, 2016, 3:05 pm #8

So wait, this has an autonomous option??

Leguna
Site Admin
Leguna
Site Admin

April 4th, 2016, 3:08 pm #9

Svejk wrote:So wait, this has an autonomous option??
Yes, it has the same autopilot that the Model S has.

But to be clear, this is NOT autonomus; there is a difference. No car has that yet.

Svejk
Czech Yourself
Svejk
Czech Yourself

April 4th, 2016, 3:55 pm #10

Leguna wrote:
Svejk wrote:So wait, this has an autonomous option??
Yes, it has the same autopilot that the Model S has.
Leguna wrote:But to be clear, this is NOT autonomus; there is a difference. No car has that yet.
:dead