Tesla Model 3!

Everything not relating to gaming goes here.
Leguna
Site Admin
Leguna
Site Admin

July 18th, 2018, 11:20 am #201

Wow, Tesla.com has opened their Model 3 purchases to everyone now with an expected delivery for everyone in 1-3 months!  Go to Tesla.com and see for yourself!

Still no standard battery though :(  Nor the white seats for anything but the performance model 3.

bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷

July 18th, 2018, 11:44 am #202

Right...opened up for everyone...for the $50,000 model.

Leguna
Site Admin
Leguna
Site Admin

July 19th, 2018, 11:57 am #203

bork wrote: Right...opened up for everyone...for the $50,000 model.
Didn't say it was affordable.  Just simply available for anyone to purchase now.

bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷

July 19th, 2018, 12:03 pm #204

$50,000 for that shit...lmao.

Shino
Up InDis
Shino
Up InDis

July 19th, 2018, 12:05 pm #205

Leguna wrote: Wow, Tesla.com has opened their Model 3 purchases to everyone now with an expected delivery for everyone in 1-3 months!  Go to Tesla.com and see for yourself!

Still no standard battery though :(  Nor the white seats for anything but the performance model 3.
1-3 months for RWD or Performance AWD.
Still 2-4 for Standard AWD... which is what I ordered.

manngc
He Da Mann
manngc
He Da Mann

July 20th, 2018, 1:32 pm #206

Test driving Vito's model III was nice.  The car is really fun to drive and has lots of power and it's spacious.  I easily compares with the luxury sedans that are 10k cheaper.  And that's the problem, it's main competition is 10k cheaper.  Granted, some of that 10k is returned to the owner via cheaper fuel and hopefully less maintenance. But we will see.

bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷

July 20th, 2018, 1:42 pm #207

manngc wrote: I easily compares with the luxury sedans that are 10k cheaper. 
Aw come on, Mann...don't sell yourself so short!  
[+] spoiler
typo fun!

Leguna
Site Admin
Leguna
Site Admin

July 20th, 2018, 6:37 pm #208

manngc wrote: Test driving Vito's model III was nice.  The car is really fun to drive and has lots of power and it's spacious.  I easily compares with the luxury sedans that are 10k cheaper.  And that's the problem, it's main competition is 10k cheaper.  Granted, some of that 10k is returned to the owner via cheaper fuel and hopefully less maintenance. But we will see.
No competition.  Its like comparing the iPhone to a luxury flip phone.  It doesn't matter if other cars are less expensive when other cars do not have the incredible features of the Tesla cars, features like...
1. Autopilot
2. full autonomy (its coming whether you want to believe it or not)
3. full electric
4. long range batteries
5. supercharger stations around the world
6. Phone is the key
7. Summon
8. start heating and cooling from the phone
9. sell parking
10. updates that change the car functions
etc.

bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷

July 20th, 2018, 7:08 pm #209

Leguna wrote:
manngc wrote: Test driving Vito's model III was nice.  The car is really fun to drive and has lots of power and it's spacious.  I easily compares with the luxury sedans that are 10k cheaper.  And that's the problem, it's main competition is 10k cheaper.  Granted, some of that 10k is returned to the owner via cheaper fuel and hopefully less maintenance. But we will see.
No competition.  Its like comparing the iPhone to a luxury flip phone.  It doesn't matter if other cars are less expensive when other cars do not have the incredible features of the Tesla cars, features like...
1. Autopilot
2. full autonomy (its coming whether you want to believe it or not)
3. full electric
4. long range batteries
5. supercharger stations around the world
6. Phone is the key
7. Summon
9. sell parking
etc.
OK, so we can go ahead and get rid of 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 8 and 9* (will still address these for other reasons) since other cars have that, and 2, since it's not actually there.  Out of what's left:

7. Summon
I think this is the only feature that is actually unique to Tesla.
There's a website that offers a kit where this and other features can be installed into any car: https://carchabi.com/

Gonna tell me that doesn't count?  OK, here's an article from six years ago detailing apps that offer climate control in cars like the Leaf.  https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/take ... -six-apps/
9. sell parking
Tesla cars sell parking!?  Wow!  Good way to make money!!

(I know you mean self-parking.  This is not unique to Tesla.)
Many modern cars get these. The difference is that a lot of them require the dealer to do the update for security and safety reasons. 

Really this boils down to: Congrats, you discovered a luxury car, bruh. 

But I still think you might end up having some buyer's remorse and wishing you'd paid more for that X model later on.

Leguna
Site Admin
Leguna
Site Admin

July 23rd, 2018, 11:43 am #210

Sure, you might find a feature or 2 in other cars, but you are not going to find any other car with all of these features in 1 car.