Star Wars Solo

Everything not relating to gaming goes here.
bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷

June 28th, 2018, 4:10 pm #11

I posted a snippet regarding numbers...not an opinion- the popularity of these movies is clearly going down and the spin-off movies don't do as well.  Now why that is is certainly up for debate. 

I don't think joe average moviegoer knows or cares about Solo having changed directors, though.

Shino
Up InDis
Shino
Up InDis

June 28th, 2018, 4:17 pm #12

bork wrote: I posted a snippet regarding numbers...not an opinion- the popularity of these movies is clearly going down and the spin-off movies don't do as well.  Now why that is is certainly up for debate. 

I don't think joe average moviegoer knows or cares about Solo having changed directors, though.
yeah the popularity is going down... I'm not saying that's not true, but the reason for that... Yeah I definitely think the hurdles they faced along the way was part of it.
Considering how prevalent the announcement was... and the filming troubles were on social media... I wouldn't doubt it that there was a pretty good chunk of star wars fans that knew.
Now I don't think it's the only reason... but I feel it was a contributing factor.

Not to mention... again... the subject matter... I've seen every star wars fill released since after RotJ on release day.  Solo... nope.  I went like 2 weeks later.

Just not as interesting revolving around 1 person.

bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷

June 28th, 2018, 4:41 pm #13

Yeah, it just didn't seem very compelling to me. 

Shino
Up InDis
Shino
Up InDis

June 28th, 2018, 5:40 pm #14

And that's completely understandable.
We went and saw it... and it was fun.  But it was no different than us saying "hey let's go see [movie y]."  There was no real "Star Wars" rush to see it.

manngc
He Da Mann
manngc
He Da Mann

July 5th, 2018, 5:47 pm #15

I saw Solo a couple of weeks ago and also thought it was good.

July 8th, 2018, 10:52 am #16

I finally saw the movie and enjoyed it overall, the ending had more questions than answers but I think it could be interesting if the side stories kind of had their own reoccurring cast of characters although there's also something to be said for them to be just able to watch them with no need to know about the lore.