bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷

2:04 PM - Aug 09, 2017 #61

That's great-- the rest of us are all having problems.  The other forum runs great and allows for customization.  I have already uploaded all our old emoticons there. 

Hope to see everyone else make the move...we're waiting!

Leguna
Site Admin
Leguna
Site Admin

5:22 PM - Aug 09, 2017 #62

Dosukebe wrote: That's great-- the rest of us are all having problems.  The other forum runs great and allows for customization.  I have already uploaded all our old emoticons there. 

Shino ran into a major deal breaker on the other forum.  WE ARE STAYING!

Shino
Up InDis
Shino
Up InDis

6:09 PM - Aug 09, 2017 #63

Leguna wrote:
Dosukebe wrote: That's great-- the rest of us are all having problems.  The other forum runs great and allows for customization.  I have already uploaded all our old emoticons there. 

this board sucks dude... I'm all for moving if we can find something else that works.

bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷

7:01 PM - Aug 09, 2017 #64

Yup.  We're not staying when you're the only one who wants to.  This isn't a dictatorship.

And WTF is this?
"Gaming Latest?" 😄 LMAO.  That is awful.

bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷

8:12 PM - Aug 09, 2017 #65

That was stolen from another board.

https://gaminglatest.com/

Yeah...buh-bye.

Leguna
Site Admin
Leguna
Site Admin

11:30 AM - Aug 10, 2017 #66

I'm just testing shit.  I wasn't planning on keeping that.

Leguna
Site Admin
Leguna
Site Admin

11:33 AM - Aug 10, 2017 #67

Shino wrote:
Leguna wrote:

this board sucks dude... I'm all for moving if we can find something else that works.
Why does it suck???  All I'm reading is that Dos is having technical issues I am not having and his precious emojies can't be loaded in easily.  That's it!  There are loads of stuff that makes this forum much better!  I'll list them now...

Leguna
Site Admin
Leguna
Site Admin

11:43 AM - Aug 10, 2017 #68

Here's a list of why we should stay...

1. If you go to the main page where you see all the forums, at the top there is "Forums" and "Discussions" buttons.  Instead of entering into a forum, if you click the "Discussions" button, it will list ALL the latest posts, regardless where they were posted in one place with quick links to the forum if you really wanted to go there.

2. There are better editing tools for posting.  For example, if you want to remove bold text, in the past we had to manually delete the "" shit.  Now just highlight the text and hit the bold button.  There are even new tools that the last forum didn't have.  Love it!

3. This site looks more modern.

4. This site is much easier to use on the phone.  If you recall, hitting the page button on the old site on the phone is incredibly hard without zooming in.

5. I love the notifications button at the top right!  I can go directly to any recently unread post from any where.

etc.

I'm continuing to add to the list the more I discover.  Can you guys PLEASE make a comprehensive list of your problems with the site and give me a chance to address them.

Leguna
Site Admin
Leguna
Site Admin

11:47 AM - Aug 10, 2017 #69

Dos, quick putting banner images that are NSFW!  I don't care what you put up there for now, just make it safe for work!

Svejk
Czech Yourself
Svejk
Czech Yourself

12:05 PM - Aug 10, 2017 #70

Leguna wrote: Here's a list of why we should stay...

1. If you go to the main page where you see all the forums, at the top there is "Forums" and "Discussions" buttons.  Instead of entering into a forum, if you click the "Discussions" button, it will list ALL the latest posts, regardless where they were posted in one place with quick links to the forum if you really wanted to go there.

2. There are better editing tools for posting.  For example, if you want to remove bold text, in the past we had to manually delete the "" shit.  Now just highlight the text and hit the bold button.  There are even new tools that the last forum didn't have.  Love it!

3. This site looks more modern.

4. This site is much easier to use on the phone.  If you recall, hitting the page button on the old site on the phone is incredibly hard without zooming in.

5. I love the notifications button at the top right!  I can go directly to any recently unread post from any where.

etc.

I'm continuing to add to the list the more I discover.  Can you guys PLEASE make a comprehensive list of your problems with the site and give me a chance to address them.
1 - To start, it's very boggy.  On phone or desktop, it's certainly not as snappy as it once was.
2 - Just now, when hitting the back button, I get this...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/di/container_builder.php on line 146: require(/efs-forum-cache/cache/forums.le/legu/legunaselitegamers/autoload_4335734bbdd20f586549a504dff5f80c.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
had to close the tab and reopen.
3 - As mentioned at least 3 times already, clicking on a different forum causes a new tab to open up.  I use firefox on my desktop, so I don't know if it's firefox or not, but it certainly didn't do that before.
4 - The quotes maybe what you call "modernized", but it's ugly and difficult to follow.  Like in example #2 above?  I had to hit "" twice to unquote it, leading to what looks like a double quote...  shitty interface around the board.
5 - YES... the custom emojis are important...  It makes discussion quicker (and more fun).  Quicker I say, because one picture can say it all...  no need to type out a bunch of shit if not necessary.
6 - When compared to the new testing (tentative) board, it has a folder structure on the top left of the screen which makes navigation WAAAAAAAAAY easier than this one.  That being said; In regards to the discussion link at the top, that would only be useful if it's a massive forum with tons of threads and posts...  This is a pretty tiny forum with not much going on...  it's a irrelevant pro for a forum of this capacity.  In other words, pointless.
7 - Viewing the threads STILL shows the old avatars; Dos' Cammy, Shino's Elf girl, Leguna's Mario.   Inside the threads there's blank avatars, ...but there's still a default pic where an avatar would be.  Any pic and it's space should be completely removed if the option was selected, but it's not....  total crap..
8 - Guess what else... I STILL get emails even though I've opted out...  I shouldn't have to bloack it in my email when the shitty forum shouldn't be sending them in the first place.
9 - It's not easier on the phone.  See issue #1.
10 - Dos has been booted out a few times too.  I haven't run into that issues yet, but I'm sure if this maintains, it's only a matter of time.

This change is NOT for the better.

Personally, if we could get something similar to what GAF uses, that'd be awesome.... Or at least something that has a dark theme like they got.  I hate hate HATE having a glaring white BG while reading.  No better way to kill a phone battery. (insert/ doge)