General Gaming/Pick-Up Thread

Everything about gaming is discussed, debated and talked about here.
Svejk
Czech Yourself
Svejk
Czech Yourself

March 7th, 2018, 4:09 pm #1811

Geez... yeah, I'm having a minor conflict in my head about what I'm going to do with the physical copy of Bloodstained when that comes in. LOL  Most likely, I'll keep it to the side (hopefully wrapped) and buy the digital copy instead.  

krae_man
Gripshift Back
krae_man
Gripshift Back

March 7th, 2018, 5:31 pm #1812

Played the Before the Storm Farwell bonus episode. Man what a gut punch.

Tried to play Yooka Laylee. Could not stand the lack of direction and the 8000 different things to collect. Started up Secret of Mana instead.

Never played before. The characters speaking but having no mouth movements is weird. 

bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷

March 7th, 2018, 6:06 pm #1813

Svejk wrote: Geez... yeah, I'm having a minor conflict in my head about what I'm going to do with the physical copy of Bloodstained when that comes in. LOL  Most likely, I'll keep it to the side (hopefully wrapped) and buy the digital copy instead.  
I know I changed my reward tier option and I think I have this coming for PC digital and physical Switch.  Will probably just play it on PC and keep the Switch copy sealed.  If it ends up getting a retail release then screw it, will open it.  But I suspect that it will be PC for most of us because they should start releasing beta versions on Steam, IIRC.
krae_man wrote: Played the Before the Storm Farwell bonus episode. Man what a gut punch.

Tried to play Yooka Laylee. Could not stand the lack of direction and the 8000 different things to collect. Started up Secret of Mana instead.

Never played before. The characters speaking but having no mouth movements is weird. 
Collectathons, especially those modeled after the ones released in the late 90s, are...no.  Just...NO. 

Never played through Secret Of Mana before myself.  A lot of people seem to hate the remake but it looks good to me. 

Svejk
Czech Yourself
Svejk
Czech Yourself

March 12th, 2018, 5:04 pm #1814

Yeeeeaaah...  I caved and got Dark Souls 3 on that PSN Flash Sale...  Even though Humble Bundle had it for $12, it didn't run too smooth at 1080p on my laptop.  ... And even that Bloodborne is free atm, I wanted DS3 on PS4 specifically.  I enjoyed what I played on PC (stress and all).  Will like to jump into this world from time to time.

Played some more Hollow Knight.  Shits really good... I wouldn't say it rivals SotN exactly, but it's still pretty well done.  

Started Lost Legacy too.  Good Sharted fun, but it seems like it's a bit of a shame that there's so much hidden beauty in the open area, that it's still relatively barren.  It feels like it should be riddled with hidden things, but no.  I even got that bracelet that finds treasures too.

Finished Chapter 3 of King's Quest.  It's been really good too.  They did a great job of keeping the spirit of OG KQ.  This game would be totally worth porting to Switch.

Aaaaaand played some more Observer too.  I need to go ahead and finish my playthrough of it as well.  It's pretty atmospheric, but the puzzles can get be a bit of a task to figure out what to do sometime.  Rudger Hauer is awesome in that game.

Svejk
Czech Yourself
Svejk
Czech Yourself

March 19th, 2018, 12:32 pm #1815

Finished Lost Legacy over the weekend.  Good Sharted fun!  ND really went all out with it.  My goal next weekend is to finish Observer.

Took a break from MHW to play Lost Legacy, but my kids asked me to play some yesterday.  Tried the charge blade finally... damn that weapon is fun!!  I need to jump back in it after I check Observer off my list.

And I need to get back in Hollow Knight too....  that, and Dark Souls 3.

bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷

March 20th, 2018, 1:22 pm #1816

Ni No Kuni II is finally out this week.  I see that they've decided to add some RTS-style gameplay that seems to be turning a lot of people off to it.

In related news, I went and ordered a copy of the original (with a steelbook case!) off eBay so I can pretend like I was there from day one.

Svejk
Czech Yourself
Svejk
Czech Yourself

March 20th, 2018, 2:26 pm #1817

bork wrote: Ni No Kuni II is finally out this week.  I see that they've decided to add some RTS-style gameplay that seems to be turning a lot of people off to it.

In related news, I went and ordered a copy of the original (with a steelbook case!) off eBay so I can pretend like I was there from day one.
I'm pretty interested in it. I really enjoyed the first one. Will definitely pick it up down the road on the cheap.

krae_man
Gripshift Back
krae_man
Gripshift Back

March 20th, 2018, 4:04 pm #1818

Anyone getting Titan Quest or A Way Out this week?

bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
bork
おっぱいは命、尻は故郷

March 20th, 2018, 4:06 pm #1819

krae_man wrote: Anyone getting Titan Quest or A Way Out this week?
I want to get Titan Quest on Switch, but that version has no release date yet.  Not interested in A Way Out, but I see that it's short enough that it will probably be discounted by $5-$10 within a few weeks.  Good thing they priced it at $30.  Speaking of EA bombas, the Burnout Paradise HD remaster (which is a bug-filled mess) already dropped in price by $10 not even a week after release.

krae_man
Gripshift Back
krae_man
Gripshift Back

April 5th, 2018, 2:36 pm #1820

Playing Arduventure on my Arduboy. Game just got released to backers!