Freelinker
Courier

July 3rd, 2009, 7:22 pm #91

K-B wrote:Actually, no. I'm complaining about you too, because you're stupid and arent adding anything to the discussion. In replying to you, me and brithor are feeding someone who is trolling the thread, which is a bad thing. Everyone else has been smart about it and ignored your rediculous comments and carried on with the discussion.
You just summed it up, thank you. You must be feeling proud now.

This really is going nowhere tbh, the best you can do with this topic now is just let everyone tell what beliefs they have and move on.

Discussion? Nope this ain't no discussion.

TeraHammer
Physicist

July 3rd, 2009, 7:57 pm #92

Some of you may know I play the church organ and visit many services, both catholic and protestant, as well as studying applied physics. I've allways tried to seperate both, trusting science so far as it can be proven with experiments.

One of the shocking things I only until late discovered that evolution and creationisme do not agree with eachother, and for this reason;
Creationism says humanity as it is now is the pinacle of God's creations. But evolution implies humanity is still changing.
Conquering the Karmina System as Exar Kun this round

INSK
Sailor Scully
INSK
Sailor Scully

July 3rd, 2009, 8:28 pm #93

yeah thats the hard part TH..some people trust to much in the things they hear and it takes a strong mind to seperate the both for so long. I was raised with Religion so i stick strong to it. but Brithor and KB obviously haven't. So I dont blame them for not beleiving

p.s. freethinker if your gonna stray from the convo and just give UNprogressive insults please stop. your not defending our POV just insulting others THANKS
MY MSN DELETED ALL CONTACTS ADD ME IF YOU HAD ME: THING0NE@LIVE.COM

K-B
Farrier
K-B
Farrier

July 3rd, 2009, 8:58 pm #94

Oh my family is religious, i just chose to stray from their opinions on faith. I'll explain why when i got time, it might take a while typing stuff up.

TeraHammer
Physicist

July 3rd, 2009, 9:22 pm #95

I think you folks should give freelinker some room. I kind of agree with him that this discussion will never see one side convert to the other. But then again, thats not the essence of this topic.
Conquering the Karmina System as Exar Kun this round

INSK
Sailor Scully
INSK
Sailor Scully

July 3rd, 2009, 9:33 pm #96

i am being easy TH just like every other post he makes is insulting brithor. and even though brithor is on the other side i dont see point to insult him. just conversate

Mhuahaha
Herder

July 3rd, 2009, 10:25 pm #97

TeraHammer wrote:One of the shocking things I only until late discovered that evolution and creationisme do not agree with eachother, and for this reason;
Creationism says humanity as it is now is the pinacle of God's creations. But evolution implies humanity is still changing.
God gave animals the abillity to survive if I am not mistaken. This certainly means the abillity to adapt to changes, right? Same would certainly go for humans. So, the basic principle of evolution and creationism can go together, depending on how strict you take certain translations and what you see as evolution.

You have two forms:

Micro evolution: Nothing more, nothing less, than the abillity to adapt. You have a certain species. Within this species, there is a level of variation in traits amongst the individuals. There are certain traits within that variation which are more beneficial. Once more, females of the species get more children than can survive. Meaning there is a struggle for life, not all the animals can survive and not all will. The animals which are better adapted will survive. That is evolution.

Macro evolution: This is evolution on a large scale. This is the part where the species doesn't just change and adapt. It changes so dramaticly it turns into a completely different species, it wont see it's original species as the same and wont be able to create fertile offspring with the original species. The wolves turn into the dogs for example.

The evolution on macro level is what most creationists do have problems with. Not the abillity to adapt in itsself but the course which we scientists think it has taken. From a single strand of amino accids floating in that famous puddle of soup, to a single celled organism, multiple celled, a fish, a frog, a monkey and then humans. That is what causes the biggest problem.

Don't ask....

I AM MERELY A FORUM ADMIN. I HAVE NO IN-GAME POWERS.

forkU
Cavalier
forkU
Cavalier

July 3rd, 2009, 11:52 pm #98

not until sin did animals not kill each other, the flood, than god gave man dominion over them instead of all creatures being vegetarian

Brithor
Pewter

July 4th, 2009, 1:01 am #99

Where do you guys come up with this stuff?
We were all vegetarian?

INSK
Sailor Scully
INSK
Sailor Scully

July 4th, 2009, 1:39 am #100

Genesis 1:29-30

Then God said,"I give youevery seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move on the ground-everything that has the breath of life in it-I give every green plant for food." And it was so.

^^ the 1st page of the bible brithor