JRich
Clockmaker
JRich
Clockmaker

June 29th, 2009, 1:50 am #11

I dont think MJ as a person deserves all this attention but i do think his music does. He had good meaningful music that inspired a lot of people

ellipsis
Slater

June 29th, 2009, 2:29 am #12

Yeah, JRich you're right. Musicians are viewed much the same way as writers are in terms of influence (i.e. their work and their personal lives are viewed separately).

I wasn't a huge fan of MJ's music (I like a couple of songs of his, nor would I call myself an avid fan by any means), and really could care less about his personal life, but I still recognize the influence he had on so many fans' lives, and other musicians as well. And all other things aside, the man sold millions upon millions of records! Anyone who is ranked at the top with Elvis and The Beatles deserves my respect, regardless of whether I like his music or not.

JRich
Clockmaker
JRich
Clockmaker

June 29th, 2009, 5:46 am #13

As far as music today goes, the songs come and go and you don't really hear about them again. Michael's music far excells that of typical artists today. His music will live forever. Due to that I completely respect him as an artist. I just don't really agree with some of the decisions he's made in his personal life. Whether he had stuff happen with the boys or not, he just shouldn't have put himself in the situation in the first place. Then he wouldn't have had that negative publicity. But his music still brings all his fans together all over the world despite of all that has happened to him. So his music does entertain, heals, gives hope, and brings together people from all over

Brithor
Pewter

June 29th, 2009, 10:51 am #14

INSK wrote:but i wont get into religion. all it does it make people act stupid
Couldn't have worded it better. That's all religion does. Make people act stupid.

Broly
Supplier
Broly
Supplier

June 29th, 2009, 12:08 pm #15

Lol they are treating this crap like hes the president or something, Johnny Cash died, Tupac died, Biggy died, MJ is now dead, who cares time to just move on

K-B
Farrier
K-B
Farrier

June 29th, 2009, 1:29 pm #16

When the biggest selling artist OF ALL TIME dies A SUDDEN DEATH at 50 from a heart attack, less than 2 months away from a huge comeback tour, THATS A PRETTY sleepING BIG DEAL

Brithor
Pewter

June 29th, 2009, 1:41 pm #17

Broly wrote:Lol they are treating this crap like hes the president or something, Johnny Cash died, Tupac died, Biggy died, MJ is now dead, who cares time to just move on
The thing is that Johnny Cash, Tupac or Biggy weren't and will never be as big as Michael Jackson. MJ's only comparable to Elvis. Elvis died YEARS ago and people still visit his grave every year. Even today. It is a big deal.

INSK
Sailor Scully
INSK
Sailor Scully

June 29th, 2009, 8:54 pm #18

Yeah Elvis and Ringo Starr were both big deals

but tbh its sad that noone ever spoke of MJ in a good way UNTIL he died...This is just as bad as like Britney Spears dying or something. She has almost just as many CDs as MJ did(not counting Jackson 5 ). He was a great man. And did great. But have you ever mourned like this when a past president or King or Queen or Political leader passed away? What makes him more important?

but who knows if Ozzy Osbourne died i would get into a beatle position and listen to Crazy Train for lke 5 days straight haha.
MY MSN DELETED ALL CONTACTS ADD ME IF YOU HAD ME: THING0NE@LIVE.COM

JRich
Clockmaker
JRich
Clockmaker

June 29th, 2009, 10:26 pm #19

Personally I'm just getting annoyed by all the petty arguing. What is arguing with each other accomplishing?

K-B
Farrier
K-B
Farrier

June 29th, 2009, 11:42 pm #20

JRich wrote: Personally I'm just getting annoyed by all the petty arguing. What is arguing with each other accomplishing?
bigger e-peen