zelda
Florist

October 28th, 2009, 6:14 pm #1

Code: Select all

[color=black]-------[/color][b]20 Questions[/b]

[color=f3f270]```````````````````````[/color]
[color=92f370]```````````````````````[/color]
[color=a0132a]```````````````````````[/color]

I'm sure you've all played some variation of the popular game, 20 questions.

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread in forums where we could play 20Qs.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to play! 

[color=black]---------[/color][b]The Game[/b]

One person will think of a [i]famous[/i] person, any person they like. They can be dead, alive, male, female, fictional, real, LA related, non-LA related.. etc.

The players will take it in turns to ask questions about this [i]famous person[/i]. You may not post more than one question at a time and you can't post if you are the previous poster. In other words, someone else has to ask a question after you before you can ask another.

Players may ask a total of 20 questions, then they must decide who they believe the [i]famous person[/i] is. It is advised that the players discuss their guess before they post [b]as you only get one guess after you've asked 20 questions. [/b]

The person who thought up the [i]famous person[/i] can only answer questions with a [b]yes or no[/b] answer, they must be truthful with their answers. If they do not know the answer to their question, the must state they don't know and the question will not count as one of the 20.

NOTE: [b]Players will be limited to 4 questions per game, this encourages more people to play[/b]

NOTE2: [b]You may guess at any time, though it will cost you 2 questions, unless you've asked all 20 questions already.[/b]

[b]Who is on?[/b]

Initially, i shall be the first person to be the person chooser. For the next games there will be three ways to choose who's on:

- The participant who guesses correctly before the final group guess.

- If participants use all questions and have a group guess then there will be a random draw to see who's on.

- If the participants are wrong on their final group guess then the current person chooser will remain on for the next round.

NOTE: [b]I cannot win points on this first game, that would be unfair[/b]

[color=black]------[/color][b]Game Rewards[/b]

You will recieve Qpoints for guessing correctly if you are a participant or if you are the person chooser, you will gain points for the participants not guessing correctly.

[b]Participant Points[/b]
10 Qpoints - Guessing in under 5 questions
5 Qpoints - Guessing under 10 questions
3 Qpoints - Guessing under 15 questions
2 Qpoints - Guessing under 20 questions
1 Qpoints - Guessing in 20 Questions.

[b]Person Chooser[/b]
1 Qpoint per incorrect participant guess
5 Qpoints if participants are wrong on their final guess.

For each round that the "person choose" is consecutively on, the points will be multiplied.

1 round = 100%
2 rounds = 150%
3 rounds = 200%
4 rounds = 250%
etc..

If the game is sucessful, then i shall negotiate with clan admins to make Qpoints exchangable for murderpoints. 

[color=black]------[/color][b]Miscellaneous[/b]

- I shall post the game today, Oct 28th.

- New games will start within 24hours of the previous one finishing.

- The aim of this game is merely to get people to communicate via the forums and to have fun! :) 

[color=magenta]- If anyone spots any errors or has improvements mail me![/color]

[b]Any questions? Send them to me! [/b]
[url]mailbox.php?action=write&who=118849&subject=20Qs[/url]

LA wont die with yosh running it.

zelda
Florist
zelda
Florist

November 2nd, 2009, 7:31 pm #2

[color=yellow]----------------------------------------[/color]
[b]Individual Strategy - [color=green]ECONOMY[/color][/b]

Please note this is [color=red]NOT A RANK STRATEGY[/color].
Please note this is [color=red]A TRADESMAN ONLY[/color].

[b]Introduction[/b]

If you are someone who doesn't wish to spend hours playing LA in the early part of the round, then this strategy is exactly what you're looking for. With this guide, you will be able to sucessfully create an extremely strong character is an relatively short space of time. I will give you a step, by step guide on what to do achieve this. All you require is a basic understanding of the game.. Oh and a few friendly clan leaders!

This method is tried and tested, i managed to use this strategy and achieve lvl 79 and finished 3rd highest on the overall levels list for that round. I have tweaked my approch and am trying again, so far i'm about 3weeks ahead of where i was at this point last round.

So, the new round's about to start, but you don't wish to spend hours playing LA when you could be doing something much more constructive. I hear you...

[b]First Step - [color=green]Income[/color][/b]

This is probably the most important time of the round for rank players, this is where people stress if they make mistakes. Not for us! We can take these days nice and easy.

[color=green][i]As with all my strategies, this involves waiting untill you're on 149 stamina, this means that most people have begun to use their stamina.[/i][/color]

So, you've waited untill you have 149 stamina. You should now have just about enough money to buy a set of the p11 equipment. Once you have bought your equipment you can search for a level 2 target that has an extremely low offensive win %, showing they are unequipped, or better still someone with 190 stamina which means they have level 1 attributes. Attack this person 3 times, which earns you a whole level!

[color=green][i] Use these skillpoints so you now have 8 income. [/i][/color]

So, see how 3 stamina earnt you 8 income points? That's the skill we're going to be focusing on. Don't worry if you lost and it took you 6 stamina to level, this is still much better than most people who will take 11-13 stamina.  

[i][color=green]With the 146 stamina that you now have, head over to the skill training and use all 146 stamina on income. This should give you [b]APPROXIMATELY 42.34[/b] income plus the 8 from earlier, taking you to [b]50.34[/b].[/color][/i]

You should also now have around 90GC, i can't be specific as i don't have the rescources yet.

[i][color=green]This is enough GC to be able to buy a boat on the second day of the round for 50GC

By buying yourself a boat at this early stage, you're doing yourself a number of favours. You will start to gain fishing operations sooner and you've now created your own bank - spend all your money on fishermen and equipment![/color][/i]

[b]So, just to recap, it's the second day of the round, you are level 2, you have approximately 50 income skill and 1 fishing boat. [/b]

[i][color=green]Now you need around aproximately 172 stamina to complete your income skill from 50.34 to 100.[/i][/color]

Obviously, this will need to be done in chunks seeing as your stamina cannot go above 150. I would advise that you spend the stamina everytime you login, this means you maximise the amount of income gained per 20mins. If you waited untill 150 stamina you're missing out on the bonus income from upping the skill. This extra income will come in handy but it's not the end of the game if you wait untill 140-150 to train. 

You should now have amounted a decent amount of cash.

[i][color=green]I would start to spend any loose change you have on fisher men, this means your money cannot be stolen when you're attacked. 

If there is any GC on the market, i advise you start buying as much as you can, this will act as a brilliant bank aslong as you only pay 200money per 1GC. You can then sell GC anytime you want to spend money. [/color][/i]

[b]The more you invest in fishing, the more quicker you can get super big charms :)[/b]

[b]Second Step - [color=green]Fishing[/color][/b]

[i][color=green]Once you've managed to train income to 100 you should now look to get your fishing skill to 100 and get to level 10 before you hit 50 fishing operations.[/color][/i]

[b]Take into account that from level 2 to level 10 you will gain 64 skillpoints from leveling and 10 skillpoints from choosing tradesman, which is 74 skill! You only need to train 26 more, which is approximately 90 stamina.[/b]

So here's the hardest part of the strategy, getting from level 2 to level 10 in 5 days and still have 90stamina for capping your fishing to 100. This is one aspect that you will have to do yourself, the way you do this depends wholey on how you want to play. Basic ways of doing this include, spamming people 1 level above you that you know 100% you'll win against. Also praying for combat abilities and attacking people above you. I said it's hard, but in reality it's pretty easy if you know how to, which i'm sure you do.

[b][i][color=green]DON'T FORGET TO BUY THE LEVEL 5 EQUIPMENT - 36k FOR IT ALL[/b][/i][/color]

[b]During the time between capping income and fishing, it'd be a good idea to begin talking to some relatively large clans. The reason being because you need a fishing loan![/b]

[color=green][i]The second time that i used this strategy, i managed to build up a fishing fleet of 22 fishermen before i hit level 10, which cost 145,000money. [/color][/i]

[b]I recommend aiming to use the same figures am me seeing as it's proven to work[/b]

[color=green][i]You're looking to find a clan that will be able to get you to 50 fishermen.[/color][/i]

[b]For me, this meant i had to get a loan of 513,000money. [/b]

Now that sounds a lot, but if a clan is willing to sell their clanGC temporarily to help you out then it's easily possible. 

[color=green][i]By stopping at 50 fishermen, this means you'll be able to immediately pay back the clan and still turn a small amount of profit. [/i][/color]

[b]If you use the same number as me you should get a[/b][color=green][b] PROFIT = 157,450money. [/b][/color]

If you have enough money after fishing i advise you buy a power 50 Lifecharm, which will cost 183,000money and 430GC. Don't forget you can use your mine for ORE and you can also buy 430GC off the auction house for 86,000money.

WORK IN PROGRESS!

zelda
Florist
zelda
Florist

November 15th, 2009, 11:43 pm #3

Unrar it.

You'll now have a folder called "Lanthian's Charm Calculator" then open the folders untill you see the folder bin then release then app.publish the run the file setup. Be sure to virus check first if you're skeptical. Then enjoy!
Lanthians_Charm_Calculator.rar (352.33 KiB)

zelda
Florist
zelda
Florist

December 23rd, 2009, 9:53 pm #4

kodi.
LA_Round14.zip (909.56 KiB)

zelda
Florist
zelda
Florist

January 5th, 2010, 3:27 pm #5

randomness?
Copy_of_mhuspam14.xls (13 KiB)

zelda
Florist
zelda
Florist

January 8th, 2010, 6:58 pm #6

----------------------------------------
Individual Strategy - ECONOMY

Please note this is NOT A RANK STRATEGY.
Please note this is A TRADESMAN ONLY.

Introduction

If you are someone who doesn't wish to spend hours playing LA in the early part of the round, then this strategy is exactly what you're looking for. With this guide, you will be able to sucessfully create an extremely strong character is an relatively short space of time. I will give you a step, by step guide on what to do achieve this. All you require is a basic understanding of the game.. Oh and a few friendly clan leaders!

This method is tried and tested, i managed to use this strategy and achieve lvl 79 and finished 3rd highest on the overall levels list for that round. I have tweaked my approch and am trying again, so far i'm about 3weeks ahead of where i was at this point last round.

So, the new round's about to start, but you don't wish to spend hours playing LA when you could be doing something much more constructive. I hear you...

First Step - Income

This is probably the most important time of the round for rank players, this is where people stress if they make mistakes. Not for us! We can take these days nice and easy.

As with all my strategies, this involves waiting untill you're on 149 stamina, this means that most people have begun to use their stamina.

So, you've waited untill you have 149 stamina. You should now have just about enough money to buy a set of the p11 equipment. Once you have bought your equipment you can search for a level 2 target that has an extremely low offensive win %, showing they are unequipped, or better still someone with 190 stamina which means they have level 1 attributes. Attack this person 3 times, which earns you a whole level!

Use these skillpoints so you now have 8 income.

So, see how 3 stamina earnt you 8 income points? That's the skill we're going to be focusing on. Don't worry if you lost and it took you 6 stamina to level, this is still much better than most people who will take 11-13 stamina.

With the 146 stamina that you now have, head over to the skill training and use all 146 stamina on income. This should give you APPROXIMATELY 42.34 income plus the 8 from earlier, taking you to 50.34.

You should also now have around 90GC, i can't be specific as i don't have the rescources yet.

This is enough GC to be able to buy a boat on the second day of the round for 50GC

By buying yourself a boat at this early stage, you're doing yourself a number of favours. You will start to gain fishing operations sooner and you've now created your own bank - spend all your money on fishermen and equipment!

So, just to recap, it's the second day of the round, you are level 2, you have approximately 50 income skill and 1 fishing boat.

Now you need around aproximately 172 stamina to complete your income skill from 50.34 to 100.

Obviously, this will need to be done in chunks seeing as your stamina cannot go above 150. I would advise that you spend the stamina everytime you login, this means you maximise the amount of income gained per 20mins. If you waited untill 150 stamina you're missing out on the bonus income from upping the skill. This extra income will come in handy but it's not the end of the game if you wait untill 140-150 to train.

You should now have amounted a decent amount of cash.

I would start to spend any loose change you have on fisher men, this means your money cannot be stolen when you're attacked.

If there is any GC on the market, i advise you start buying as much as you can, this will act as a brilliant bank aslong as you only pay 200money per 1GC. You can then sell GC anytime you want to spend money.

The more you invest in fishing, the more quicker you can get super big charms

Second Step - Fishing

Once you've managed to train income to 100 you should now look to get your fishing skill to 100 and get to level 10 before you hit 50 fishing operations.

Take into account that from level 2 to level 10 you will gain 64 skillpoints from leveling and 10 skillpoints from choosing tradesman, which is 74 skill! You only need to train 26 more, which is approximately 90 stamina.

So here's the hardest part of the strategy, getting from level 2 to level 10 in 5 days and still have 90stamina for capping your fishing to 100. This is one aspect that you will have to do yourself, the way you do this depends wholey on how you want to play. Basic ways of doing this include, spamming people 1 level above you that you know 100% you'll win against. Also praying for combat abilities and attacking people above you. I said it's hard, but in reality it's pretty easy if you know how to, which i'm sure you do.

DON'T FORGET TO BUY THE LEVEL 5 EQUIPMENT - 36k FOR IT ALL

During the time between capping income and fishing, it'd be a good idea to begin talking to some relatively large clans. The reason being because you need a fishing loan!

The second time that i used this strategy, i managed to build up a fishing fleet of 22 fishermen before i hit level 10, which cost 145,000money.

I recommend aiming to use the same figures am me seeing as it's proven to work

You're looking to find a clan that will be able to get you to 50 fishermen.

For me, this meant i had to get a loan of 513,000money.

Now that sounds a lot, but if a clan is willing to sell their clanGC temporarily to help you out then it's easily possible.

By stopping at 50 fishermen, this means you'll be able to immediately pay back the clan and still turn a small amount of profit.

If you use the same number as me you should get a PROFIT = 157,450money.

If you have enough money after fishing i advise you buy a power 50 Lifecharm, which will cost 183,000money and 430GC. Don't forget you can use your mine for ORE and you can also buy 430GC off the auction house for 86,000money.

zelda
Florist
zelda
Florist

March 8th, 2010, 12:02 pm #7

[color=#000000]___[/color][color=#003300]_____[/color][color=#006600]_______[/color][color=#009900]_________[/color][color=#00CC00]___________[/color][color=#00FF00]_____________[/color][color=#00FF00]_____________[/color][color=#00CC00]___________[/color][color=#009900]_________[/color][color=#006600]_______[/color][color=#003300]_____[/color][color=#000000]___[/color]
[color=black]________________________________________[/color]
[color=black]________________________________________[/color][b]PANDORA'S ARMY![/b]
[color=#000000]___[/color][color=#003300]_____[/color][color=#006600]_______[/color][color=#009900]_________[/color][color=#00CC00]___________[/color][color=#00FF00]_____________[/color][color=#00FF00]_____________[/color][color=#00CC00]___________[/color][color=#009900]_________[/color][color=#006600]_______[/color][color=#003300]_____[/color][color=#000000]___[/color]

[b]The elite have been let out the box to reak havoc within this arena, we are PANDORA'S ARMY![/b]

[color=black]________________________________________[/color][b]NOTIFICATIONS[/b]

[b][[color=green]#[/color]][/b][i] We are getting ever closer to the new town - Yoshiyama. New choices, spells and weapons will present theirselves to us. What do you intend to buy from Yoshiyama? Tell us in the forums! [/i]
[b]Don't forget you need 300gc to enter![/b]
[url]clanforum.php?view=962[/url]

[b][[color=green]#[/color]][/b][i] Now that everyone's ordered their charms, we need to start thinking about catching FTW up with that upgrade! So we need all possible GC right now, come on guys, we can make it![/i]
[color=gold][b]Currently 8,000/48,000 GC[/b][/color]

[color=black]________________________________________[/color][b]A WORD FROM MURD :)[/b]

zelda
Florist
zelda
Florist

April 23rd, 2010, 5:24 pm #8

current mining buff.
Mining____beta_17.xls (94.5 KiB)

zelda
Florist
zelda
Florist

May 22nd, 2010, 11:29 am #9

LOL
bugggpreview2.png

zelda
Florist
zelda
Florist

November 6th, 2010, 8:02 am #10

[color=gold][b]Welcome warrior, i see you are new to these parts...[/b][/color]
Firstly, let me congratulate you on choosing to be part of The Legion of Ares.

>>[b][color=gold]TELL US WHO YOU ARE![/color][/b]<<

[url]/clanforum.php?view=3[/url]

The aim of this clan is to introduce you into life in the [i]arena of legends[/i].

[b][color=gold]WHERE TO START?[/color][/b]

[url]/newarrivals.php?moreinfo[/url] < Read up the basics here!

[url]/newnewbieguide.php[/url] < More detailed guide to starting out!

[url]/library.php?action=history[/url] < 10 Free stamina! 

[url]/clanforum.php?view=5[/url] < Got a question you need answering?

[url]/blacksmith.php[/url] < MAKE SURE YOU BUY EQUIPMENT BEFORE BATTLING!

[url]/equip.php[/url] < DON'T FORGET TO ACTUALLY EQUIP IT ONCE YOU'VE PAID GOOD MONEY FOR IT!

[b][color=gold]JUST A FEW LITTLE WORDS[/color][/b]

[i]This clan is for helping new players, if you are an experienced player then do not expect major loans for charms. I will grant fishing loans, but only if you can pay the full amount after you've fished.[/i]

In a normal clan, you would be expected to donate GC so a clan can upgrade (increase their member capacity), in this clan you will not be required to donate any GC seeing as our capacity is already maxed from day 1.