Moderator: Brithor

Are you a Werewolf? (GAMEPLAY MECHANICS)

Brithor
Pewter

June 9th, 2009, 12:46 am #1

Should Human Survivors be awarded points?

Total votes: 11
4(36%)
7(64%)

As a request from K-B, this is a place to talk about the mechanics of the game, discuss new ideas, etc.

K-B
Farrier
K-B
Farrier

June 9th, 2009, 1:03 am #2

you took your sweet sleeping time i requested this like 30 mins ago

Anyways here we go...

I've been talking to Brithor alot recently about the current game mechanics and ways to mix up the game. At the moment, it seems to be waay to easy for villagers to succeed.
It also seems a problem that Terahammer is too sleeping smart for his own good. This results in him dying extremely early in every round, which isn't too fair on him, though it is quite clear that he is a major threat to any wolf.

Here are my proposed changes to help counteract both of these problems
wrote:The Guardian: Each night, this player can choose a player to protect from a wolf attack for that night only. If wolves attack the person that the guardian has set to defend, that person survives.
This would replace the oracle, or if an alpha wolf is also put into play (see below), become an additional player in the game.
wrote:The Alpha-Wolf: Every 3rd night, this wolf can choose an additional person to kill ontop of the normal wolf attacks. This additional attack would start on day 1 meaning that an extra person would die by the Alpha wolf on days: 1...4...7...ect...
This would replace the third wolf.

Yeah those are my thoughts on mechanical balance changes anyways.
The idea is to
1) Stop terahammer from dying all the time
2) Make it easier for wolves to win

Yes, I am aware that these 2 points contradict each other but I did my best.

INSK
Sailor Scully
INSK
Sailor Scully

June 9th, 2009, 1:21 am #3

well i beleive with Brithors new rule change it makes it easier on the wovles to win because now no longer would they stick out from not voting for an final kill and also they wont stick out so much

i like the guardian idea but it should be limitless like only affective the 1st few days and make them another player :P(also avoids the players who dont ever get to be anything to finally be something).
MY MSN DELETED ALL CONTACTS ADD ME IF YOU HAD ME: THING0NE@LIVE.COM

Spadicus
Concertmaster
Spadicus
Concertmaster

June 9th, 2009, 1:26 am #4

1.Maybe there could be a 'Reviver' that can bring a player back or something (this probably needs more thinking about)

2.Or if you wanna make it easier for the wolves to win, simply decrease the win ratio needed. Right now there has to be an equal number of wolves and villagers for the wolves to win - so say 2 wolves and 2 villagers remaining = wolf victory. Change it so 2 wolves and 4 villagers remaining = wolf victory ... ?

I dunno if either of these will work, just throwing it out there.
INSKredible

K-B
Farrier
K-B
Farrier

June 9th, 2009, 1:35 am #5

A change to the win ratio would work quite well i think, but it's quite dependent on how many players are in the game to keep it balanced, otherwise wolf victories could take place after like, 4 days.

INSK: I like the idea of trying to give everyone a go at a key role, although with a powerful role such as the guardian, it needs the ability to be taken out too (IE, if the wolf kills the guardian, no one else can be defended).

Spadicus
Concertmaster
Spadicus
Concertmaster

June 9th, 2009, 1:39 am #6

K-B wrote:A change to the win ratio would work quite well i think, but it's quite dependent on how many players are in the game to keep it balanced
Agreed.
INSKredible

MoFo
Harrier
MoFo
Harrier

June 9th, 2009, 4:14 am #7

A change is definatly needed.

K-B
Farrier
K-B
Farrier

June 9th, 2009, 1:05 pm #8

Brithor, I just read the other thread and that infection rule sounds pretty sleeping win

TeraHammer
Physicist

June 9th, 2009, 1:51 pm #9

Well KB and others, thx for the compliments and wanting to protect me, but I bring this to myself. I dont think I earn so much honor, in spite of others. As a player I cant sit still and let things happen. I find it more enjoying making things happens myself. I suppose more invisible villagers are smarter, because they tend to live on and when the wolves are caught they get more points as survivors, but I don't care about that. As a villager I just want to catch wolfs. Aggressively. That that gets me killed a lot, so be it, I choose for that, as long as the village is a step closer to victory.

Edit: For more strategy I do like to see a guardian actually, but not on the cost of the oracle. Im not terribly fond on the alpha wolf. Maybe an extra wolf + guardian in the game? I think that would work, and might actually give the wolfs better odds, though it gets harder for them to communicate.
Conquering the Karmina System as Exar Kun this round

ReidE96
Beachcomber
ReidE96
Beachcomber

June 9th, 2009, 5:10 pm #10

Well, the wolves DID gain the infection type thing. How about a guardian and a tweak to the ratio?