7 Firefighters sue state because tests are racist

K-B
Farrier
K-B
Farrier

February 5th, 2009, 10:46 pm #1

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/met ... 47438.html

tl;dr

7 black firefighters want to sue the state of texas because they are made to take a test if they want to be in with a chance of promotion to captain.

Their lawyer claims that black people do worse on tests, therefore - tests are racist

LOL WUDDAFAK

TeraHammer
Physicist

February 6th, 2009, 12:16 am #2

wtf isnt the lawyer then the racist one :S
Conquering the Karmina System as Exar Kun this round

Ken
Charioteer
Ken
Charioteer

February 9th, 2009, 3:17 pm #3

K-B wrote:http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/met ... 47438.html

tl;dr

7 black firefighters want to sue the state of texas because they are made to take a test if they want to be in with a chance of promotion to captain.

Their lawyer claims that black people do worse on tests, therefore - tests are racist

LOL WUDDAFAK
The lawyer must've read the Bell Curve then which states that black people are dumber then white people.

Murderus
Tanner

February 9th, 2009, 10:23 pm #4

wow as a current firefighter for the government i think this is crazy!
damn lawyer...
"GA ZOINKS!!! SCOOBIE DOOBIE DOO!!!" :-D

amazonia
Brewer

February 9th, 2009, 11:04 pm #5

As a Black person with several degrees in various fields (Math, Computer Programming, Religion and Philosophy), all I have to say is that they can kiss my BUTT!

I worked my tail off in college and grad school! And so did all the Black students who were in school with me. Sick and tired of dummies blaming race for their LACK of talent, intelligence and drive.

Rednecks blame Blacks and Hispanics. Poor Blacks blame Whites and Hispanics. Poor Hispanics blame Blacks and Whites. How about blaming yourself for the STUPID decisions YOU made over your life. Didn't study while education was free? Tough, your problem.

I know some folks had to drop out of school to support the family, however, as ADULTS we can go back to school. Go back to school, get a better education, and learn to take tests.
I'm more man than you will ever be, and more woman than you will ever get.

Basilisk
Crier

June 12th, 2009, 5:21 am #6

amazonia....AMEN!

tiana
Enchanter
tiana
Enchanter

June 12th, 2009, 12:43 pm #7

i completely agree with Amazonia. but for ppl it is a lot easier to point fingers in order to hide/excuse their incapacity. they fail to understand that when they point a finger to someone, three of their other fingers point back at them!

Rhino
Vicar

June 12th, 2009, 2:17 pm #8

tiana wrote:i completely agree with Amazonia. but for ppl it is a lot easier to point fingers in order to hide/excuse their incapacity. they fail to understand that when they point a finger to someone, three of their other fingers point back at them!
Lmao, i just got the thought of pointing fingers at people being not one but four, with the thumb tucked in.

When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.
wrote:”YOU SHALL NOT PASS!” Cried Rhino
/EPIC

tiana
Enchanter
tiana
Enchanter

June 12th, 2009, 6:58 pm #9

haha ... you can do that, but the fingers you actually point in your brain will point as I said

Broly
Supplier
Broly
Supplier

June 13th, 2009, 1:24 pm #10

Well not trying to start conflict but i have lived and texas and was surrounded by african americans (blacks) and since living there my respect for them and liking of them dropped way low because of there behavior and attitude and actions, now i know not all are like that but when you see a group of them always acting like they do that makes em all look like that..