August 10th, 2017, 9:33 pm #11

No, you are been a miserable cunt!

August 10th, 2017, 10:01 pm #12

All you can ask for in any game is to take the points. Yes we did that, but as an indicator for what is to come, I wouldn't be overly optimistic. Bolton will be near the bottom of the league, if teams start pumping them 4 or 5, it sort of puts our result in perspective. We won't be able to glean anything about our chances until we play a few reasonable teams. I'll be honest, I don't think there is anywhere near enough quality in that starting eleven to get us a sniff of promotion. If the off season recruits are of a higher calibre, we may have a prayer. My only fear is, the wheels are gonna have to come off big time before there is major surgery. Hernandez is such a fuckin lightweight, a real luxury in the most influential position. As For Philipps Man Of The Match, yeah right, shows how fuckin stupid the pundits are. He's gonna be a liability in most games, a deflected shot and tap in only fools the fools. His general performance was abysmal, the amount of fouls he concedes is ridiculous and his inclusion tells me worrying things about our new managers judgement. Believe me, that eleven from the Bolton game will not be good enough for top 10. Based on Saturday, drop the Kraut for Rob Greene, based on the last 12 months, Hernandez, Phillips, Cooper, not good enough, Sacko had a lobotomy before he came to us, and Vierra, Bridcutt and their ilk are weak in the engine room if you have to rely on them dictating a game. Like I say, the new recruits need to be of much higher quality than too many of the existing squad. Not being miserable Kent, just being honest.
Fella it didn't come across as miserable, i would agree with 50% of the post (Hernandez lightweight, Philipps MOM, Cooper not good enough and Sacko lobotomy) but i also think we have improved from last season Ekuban is a better option, Klich will improve CM, saiz will be the no 10, Alioski is better than we had, Pennington looked good if he's 80% of Bartley that's a good CB pair, we've got a LB now and we don't now enough about the keeper (green made mistakes last yr b4 being very consistent).
The Bolton game was the 1st game of the season with a new defence that was disrupted twice no one can take anything from that game.
We've played 2, won 2, scored 7 with goals from more than just Wood.
I think we'll finish between 6th and 8th and i'll take it because to all intents and purposes we are a new club from top to bottom and i think we are heading in the right direction.

MOT

August 11th, 2017, 6:16 pm #13

I would only ever be truly miserable if I had to live down Gipton. My maisonette up Whinmoor felt like a penthouse apartment compared with the thought of living on "corned beef island". The only time I used to go down Gipton was to visit my hubcaps.

August 12th, 2017, 8:10 am #14

Sorry I forgot how classy Whinmoor was. I bet you had a right view through your boards in your penthouse.
Is that what made you so pessimistic about things.