Tommy docherty

Tommy docherty

June 12th, 2012, 3:27 pm #1

Now before the usual suspects tell me to fuck off read this first

Picked up his book from 2006 the other week for 50p from chairty shop and got to say its a brilliant football book, his take on Busby is a must read for anyone who wants to know how that club Really runs ,and his verion of events when he was sacked for running off with physios wife , and his tribute to Billy is a must reasd too , you might not like him , i didnt but certainly changed my opinion of him after reading this, and the fact it was banned in their superstore as well

June 12th, 2012, 7:31 pm #2

Was before my time but on the odd occassion that I've caught him being interviewed in recent years, he's always got some good stories. I would imagine he's good on the after dinner circuit, when you've had a few!

On taking the job at Rotherham.........

" I promised the Chairman that I'd get us out of Division 2 & then promptly got the team relegated"

The Chairman said "Well Tommy, you're a man of your word"

June 12th, 2012, 9:01 pm #3

would rather listen to what he had to say than the bland pundits we get now. glad scum sacked him whem they did, reckon they were close to winning league at that time, instead the pious fenian twats sacked him lol

June 12th, 2012, 9:12 pm #4

Is it titled "Call The Doc"? If so, I've got it, and I'll read it with interest - it's on a pile somewhere right now. I get the feeling he's done more than one though.

June 13th, 2012, 2:47 pm #5

Called my story

Says what a Hypocrite Busby was, said he was sacked because he upset the catholic community that was then mufc, and we have standards you know tommy and you over stepped the line, yet this is the same person who when he was in London for games he had a lady friend, the fact that Doc, waited untill he (busby) was no longer around says it all really, he kept his silence untill the spin statred and he wanted to tell his side of the story , the fact he was buliding a good team there at the time and he was told he couldntr sign Shilton for an extra 5k lol at a time when Shilton was the best in the country , he was intrersted in David Harvey, but a car crash in 75 ?? put paid to that thank fuck it did , as Harvey is IMO, the best keeper we have ever had

June 13th, 2012, 4:40 pm #6

You honestly think Harvey was the best keeper we've ever had ?

June 13th, 2012, 5:08 pm #7

The thing that i always remember about docherty was that he sweated like a pig in tv interviews....it used to fucking pour off him. The other thing was he had a pretty impressive jock pronunciation of "sityayshun"

June 13th, 2012, 6:55 pm #8

You honestly think Harvey was the best keeper we've ever had ?
Steak

Even don admitted he should have brought him in earlier wouldnt have made the mistakes sprake did , only MO , but yes i thought he wass best ever , although modern day fans would say Martyn, who wsas good but had a few poor games in high profile games such as England v Romania , know its not Leeds but thats why i would say he was our best ever before his accident , 1st one that is

You ?

June 13th, 2012, 8:15 pm #9

voted goalkeeper of the tournament in 74 world cup finals...best leeds keeper ever...a big yes from me!!! remember is replacement dave stewart....dont know whether he wore 2 left boots but every time he kicked ball out it ended up in or over the west stand!!!!

June 13th, 2012, 9:16 pm #10

Steak

Even don admitted he should have brought him in earlier wouldnt have made the mistakes sprake did , only MO , but yes i thought he wass best ever , although modern day fans would say Martyn, who wsas good but had a few poor games in high profile games such as England v Romania , know its not Leeds but thats why i would say he was our best ever before his accident , 1st one that is

You ?
I believe was on Don's radar but was put off by what i think was a £200,000 fee from Leicester in about 72 - a massive amount back then for a still very young keeper - think that shows he didn't have full confidence in his goalkeepers - there was some top Keepers around back then looking back - Banks - Bonetti - Shilton - West - Clemence - Wilson - Jennings - all in my view better than Harvey - like you say opinion mate.

Martyn for me is easy the best I've seen in a Leeds shirt