Oh well.....

Oh well.....

April 22nd, 2017, 3:37 pm #1

Good night 2016/17 season. Thanks for coming...

April 22nd, 2017, 4:09 pm #2

Yep, we'll end up where we deserve to be, amongst the also rans that also lack that extra bit of quality that makes the difference. Before anyone says it's something to build on next season, don't bother. This year was our real chance, next year is about removing average players and replacing with proper quality.

April 22nd, 2017, 4:15 pm #3

Been saying it for months we simply aren't good enough, Fulham will need to collapse like we have even then we won't beat Norwich and Wigan,even though I know we are shite I'm very disappointed not to be in the play offs,I lay the blame squarely at the owners door for not investing in January, who knows whether monk will be here next season never mind some of the players.

April 22nd, 2017, 4:28 pm #4

Monk sounding deluded post match. Apparently we deserved it, and we had more chances lol. 'We did enough to win the game' - this comment in response to the Pope asking him how disappointed must he feel to not lodge one attempt on goal: 'look, we did enough to win the game'. Sorry monk, any team who fails to register one shot on target apart from the goal is not doing enough to win a fucking game. Keeps reiterating 'we were good enough to win the game'. We were fucking shit. Worries me monk often sounds cold and distant, he's a professional, but at times he sounds like he's been watching another game.

April 22nd, 2017, 4:36 pm #5

Been saying it for months we simply aren't good enough, Fulham will need to collapse like we have even then we won't beat Norwich and Wigan,even though I know we are shite I'm very disappointed not to be in the play offs,I lay the blame squarely at the owners door for not investing in January, who knows whether monk will be here next season never mind some of the players.
Cellino will sack Monk for costing him a million quid in season ticket refunds....the way they've fucked about in tieing him down to a longer deal mirrors what happened to Evans last season....Jansson Woods Taylor & Vieira will all move on ..as well as the best backroom staff we've had in ages..every thing about this club still stinks of short term

April 22nd, 2017, 4:50 pm #6

I'm with you there Ovy. We lack quality even in the starting 11. If I've said it once I've said I a million times, we lack creativity & a midfield that can find a killer pass or put a foot on a ball to hold play up. Don't get me started on Phillips..!! A season of false hopes at ER, but do we really expect any different? We'll not build on this season for the future because most of the players who've had a good season will be gone before the start of next season! We've given home games away too cheaply that we should've won, which shows that we're not good enough.

April 22nd, 2017, 5:14 pm #7

We've been winging it all season built on a good back four and woods goals with very little in between. ..ne mind eh

April 22nd, 2017, 5:34 pm #8

Can't see any of the midfielders getting 'snapped up'they are shite to a man,why would any team want a payer who continuously gives stray passes away,that imho is what has cost dearly,we are talking 20 plus a game,massive problem area.
Hope to have a good day out next Saturday.

April 22nd, 2017, 5:35 pm #9

We've been winging it all season built on a good back four and woods goals with very little in between. ..ne mind eh
time to give Shez a go. need some divine intervention from the god.
Monk is a knob head.Shez could also play as a player manager in place of Philips in centre mid.
we did well this season for the mid table club we are. finished top of the mid table league for the first time. Prize ?

April 22nd, 2017, 9:52 pm #10

Modicon summed a whole season up in one sentence, we have Woods and a defence, with fuck all in between. I'm not gonna come on here crowing "I told you so", but I'm not at all surprised it's come to this. The one thing I will reiterate is, it doesn't matter if we finish 7th in the table, it may as well be 4th from bottom, we will only remember failure, disappointment, and a few months of emptiness. When I said the last few games may tell us more about Monk than we've learned all season, it appears that may be the case. It must be tough managing a club with expectations and a fan base as big as Leeds, without the desired finances, but Monk needs to be honest with himself and the fans, we weren't fuckin good enough. If he starts with the flannel about being good enough without the luck and all that rubbish, he is becoming like a politician, in other words, a disrespectful cunt. In a campaign of 46 games, you generally finish where you deserve to be. I think we have fluked a lot of games, and finished higher than we should have done. The last thing I want to hear when we finish this season, is that we start from a good position next season. As far as I'm concerned, half the team needs to go. And as Modicon opined, the whole middle 5 could be improved upon. That includes Hernandez, Vierra and Bridcutt, supposedly our strongest players. The rest are all no hopers, chuck them in the river Aire. Retain the back 5 and Chris Wood, and that is your starting point.