England

June 18th, 2018, 10:01 pm #1

Thought that the first half was the best an England team has played in a tournament for a long time. Even the Platini directive to the World Cup referees to try to rob us didn't work. Missed loads of chances, some players were poor, but we completely dominated the game and showed the bollocks to keep going and take the 3 points.

Sure we can pick holes, but nobody has played better than us in the first half and we have 3pts. Better than Brazil, Germany and Argentina, as well as Spain and Portugal.

Come on England

June 19th, 2018, 7:36 am #2

got to start taking them chances though

June 19th, 2018, 8:33 am #3

I agree, but better that we create 10 and win 2-1 than only create 2. We won the first game so now they should be able to relax and not snatch at the chances when they come. Promising start I think.

June 20th, 2018, 9:27 am #4

DavidGedge wrote:
June 19th, 2018, 8:33 am
I agree, but better that we create 10 and win 2-1 than only create 2. We won the first game so now they should be able to relax and not snatch at the chances when they come. Promising start I think.
I thought we were dominant but lacked a creative midfield, young and linguard are shite and wouldnt be in the squad if they didnt play for you know who, alli must up his game, sterling needs dropping , the officials were attrocious and we must put more chances away, we will be found out against the better sides but a wins a win and we ought to win the next and hopefully draw against belgium but their midfield is much better than ours, anyway it will give us a good test which we need..
A cracking party atmosphere here in sunny tenerife, well, apart from the miserable jocks that is , whats their issue ? 😎

June 20th, 2018, 10:34 pm #5

I agree about the chances about Young and Sterling, but I think that now we have got that win the players won't snatch at their chances as much. Spain played well today but needed a fortunate deflected goal and VAR to see off the mighty Iran. Apart from the Russians, no performance has been fantastic yet, so let's be glad to win and have one foot in the next round.

With Senegal and Japan winning the opening matches in their group we have a great chance of getting past them next, and with Germany losing and Brazil only drawing we may avoid both of them in the QFS. ........ and then who knows