does anyone remember disputes between harehills and e end park circa1972

does anyone remember disputes between harehills and e end park circa1972

August 7th, 2011, 9:29 pm #1

just wondered if anyone remembers the disputes between harehills lads and east end park lot around 1971 and 1972 it lasted for a while i remember seeing harehills lot coming over to east end park mob handed walking through burmantofts a few times we knew mates from both camps if memory serves me right finished up with a tragic incident when i think someone was stabbed did it have something to do with smiths arms

August 7th, 2011, 9:31 pm #2

There was a lot about that on Secret Leeds I think and it was touched on on Onemickjones a couple of years ago.

August 7th, 2011, 10:58 pm #3

dont remember that but remember pudsey skins v swinnow maybe late 70s good old days get on very well now though

August 8th, 2011, 6:54 am #4

The stabbing was 72, Tiny Townend died, the landlords son from the Smiths was charged with it, don't remember it as a Harehills/East End Park thing though.

August 11th, 2011, 11:36 am #5

Bit late responding to this 'cos had no broadband for a week. Jimmy, you're right with the names et al. There were a lot of offs in East Leeds at this time, think it was some rivalry between the Posties and SB mob. I remember the lad who did the stabbing got 7 years. Seem to remember the Harehills kid getting caught trying to climb a fence on EEP to get away. There was a big spread on it in the now defunct News of the World. Gang wars and fatal stabbings weren't that common then.
Cornershop, any idea when the thread on Secret Leeds about this was? I tried to put a thread uo on that site about Operation Wild Boar 3 years ago but got shot down by 2 pompous twats saying they didn't want that kind of rubbish on their site. They got blasted by loads of posters though who rightly saw the relevance to Leeds history. I sent both the cunts an e-mail telling 'em to fuck off. Had a chat with our mutual friend on OMJ a few weeks back re' the East Leeds gand wars thing.

August 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm #6

Must be a few years back now. Can't remember how it got started, think it went from a pubs and cafes thread to Lulus and on from there. Haven't looked at it in years is it still on the go? Might have been something to do with The Cherry Tree.

August 12th, 2011, 10:33 am #7

Havn't been on meself for about 3 years, but yeah it's still going. Still the same boring bastards rapping on about tunnels, listed buildings, ginnels and all. There's only so much mileage on old pubs. I did start a thread about Lulus once on there and got a few questions. Obviously stirred up a bit of interest.

April 6th, 2018, 7:55 pm #8

veryoldgelderd wrote: just wondered if anyone remembers the disputes between harehills lads and east end park lot around 1971 and 1972 it lasted for a while i remember seeing harehills lot coming over to east end park mob handed walking through burmantofts a few times we knew mates from both camps if memory serves me right finished up with a tragic incident when i think someone was stabbed did it have something to do with smiths arms
Yes the guy who got stab was a kid called tiny Townsend 

April 6th, 2018, 7:59 pm #9

walmot wrote: The stabbing was 72, Tiny Townend died, the landlords son from the Smiths was charged with it, don't remember it as a Harehills/East End Park thing though.
The lad who did the stabbing was called  Chris it mum & dad have the smith arms 

April 6th, 2018, 8:07 pm #10

LUFCExpat wrote: Bit late responding to this 'cos had no broadband for a week. Jimmy, you're right with the names et al. There were a lot of offs in East Leeds at this time, think it was some rivalry between the Posties and SB mob. I remember the lad who did the stabbing got 7 years. Seem to remember the Harehills kid getting caught trying to climb a fence on EEP to get away. There was a big spread on it in the now defunct News of the World. Gang wars and fatal stabbings weren't that common then.
Cornershop, any idea when the thread on Secret Leeds about this was? I tried to put a thread uo on that site about Operation Wild Boar 3 years ago but got shot down by 2 pompous twats saying they didn't want that kind of rubbish on their site. They got blasted by loads of posters though who rightly saw the relevance to Leeds history. I sent both the cunts an e-mail telling 'em to fuck off. Had a chat with our mutual friend on OMJ a few weeks back re' the East Leeds gand wars thing.
Trouble was with  Compton lads &  Malbrough  grange who then join up to go over to east end park that night to have out with lads who knock about there  a they cross railway lines tiny  got separated  and was stab by a kid called  Chris