horyo
Jounin

8:18 PM - Dec 01, 2010 #401

I don't think they would have held back if the ambush squad was incapacitated. Sasori....by negligence didn't kill Kankuro the first time around, and he suffered the consequences of that in his fight with Sakura; I doubt he'd be as hesitant this time.

R.I.P. for reals this time.
Last edited by horyo on 4:02 AM - Dec 03, 2010, edited 1 time in total.

blease
Jounin

6:09 AM - Dec 03, 2010 #402

Sasori really does have the worst luck in the world. Twice in a row now he got into a fight with the very person/people with the ability to finish him off. Only Chiyo and Sakura could have done it the first time, and now only Kankuro could have done it.

Cheers, bro. May you have better luck in hell or whatever kind of afterlife you fictional shinobi believe in.

horyo
Jounin

10:39 AM - Dec 03, 2010 #403

I wanna know what you thought about his death, blease. For me, I was okay with it, and thought it was a decent end (especially his smile). I'm not so much for the sappy-tales but this actually worked well, almost as if Sasori had an apprentice in Kankuro in some twisted way.

Mwehehkheh
Ninja Academy Student
Mwehehkheh
Ninja Academy Student

2:45 PM - Dec 03, 2010 #404

Well, his battle against Sakura and Chiyo (Kage Class and Chunin Class with his weakness), he diliberately let himself get killed in that battle. He had Sakura pinned down to near death, and could've killed Chiyo in the front. If I recall, Chiyo claimed that her final attack to kill Sasori, it's not like Sasori couldn'tve dogded it, he just wanted to at least die in his parent's hands. I do agree that he's got some bad luck, being AGAIN the first Akatsuki to die in the War, but I felt quite happy that Sasori died a good man, it has really shown the maturity and growth Kankuro has become. It makes me really feel like Kankuro is one of the strongest of his generation (wt Neji, Sai, Shikamaru). Aside from that though, I wished Sasori (and Sai's brother I suppose) would die a bit later, in a slower manner, to keep their deaths a bit more suspenseful.

blease
Jounin

3:56 PM - Dec 03, 2010 #405

horyo wrote:I wanna know what you thought about his death, blease. For me, I was okay with it, and thought it was a decent end (especially his smile). I'm not so much for the sappy-tales but this actually worked well, almost as if Sasori had an apprentice in Kankuro in some twisted way.
I liked it. I was half hoping him to just be like "you're an idiot" and proceed to unleash hell, but this was very fitting. It stayed true to his character: art = most important, and art = everlasting. He achieved what he wanted in the end, so I'm satisfied with it. I guess I wish I had a little more time to admire one of the better characters Kishimoto thought up though.
wrote:Well, his battle against Sakura and Chiyo (Kage Class and Chunin Class with his weakness), he diliberately let himself get killed in that battle.
That's absolutely true, but he only did that because Chiyo used his parent puppets - puppets which he had a ridiculously strong emotional attachment to. My point that only they could have beat him still stands because only Chiyo had those puppets. He wouldn't have let himself die to any other ninja. Only those specific circumstances - Sakura using her strength to counter Sasori's attacks and using the antidote to ignore the poison coupled with Chiyo's use of those puppets - gave them the chance to survive long enough against him. That's all I meant.
Last edited by blease on 3:57 PM - Dec 03, 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Mwehehkheh
Ninja Academy Student
Mwehehkheh
Ninja Academy Student

12:33 AM - Dec 04, 2010 #406

I'm gonna have to agree with you blease, his death was satisfied to the viewers and to himself; as well as Chiyo (and now Kankuro) being the only one to have defeated Sasori.

redsand-puppet
Ninja Academy Student
redsand-puppet
Ninja Academy Student

8:31 PM - Jun 30, 2012 #407

I personally dont think that sasori should have died so quickly the second time around. It was horrible cause in the end they made him look weak.

The Peacebrew
Jounin

12:53 AM - Jul 01, 2012 #408

I think he got great closure with Kankarou taking over his art legacy and puppets...

Seemed to be way he desired the most.
Last edited by The Peacebrew on 12:53 AM - Jul 01, 2012, edited 1 time in total.

redsand-puppet
Ninja Academy Student
redsand-puppet
Ninja Academy Student

6:30 PM - Jul 02, 2012 #409

I agree with that but he was the first Akatsuki member to be taken out both before and after the Endo Tensei. He was never shown his true potential.

Puppetmaster42
Ninja Academy Student
Puppetmaster42
Ninja Academy Student

3:07 AM - Oct 28, 2017 #410

i would like to see the story behind how Saisori defeated the third kazuga, with his age at the time i wonder how he was able to take down a man from my understanding was extremely well trainered and was strong. Eveytime i see the fight between sakura, old lady chiyo vs Siasori the emotion and story around him still gives me chills in a good way Lol. Plus the sick puppetts :D