0(0%)
0(0%)
0(0%)
0(0%)
0(0%)
0(0%)
0(0%)
0(0%)

Expanding on the second round more. Boruto's and Shikadai's teams advance. Nice moment between Boruto and Naruto. And Gaara goes into details of being attacked by Urashiki to Sasuke and Chojuro.

May 13th, 2018, 9:46 pm #2

I liked the added scene where Gaara told Sasuke and the Mizukage that he was attacked by Urashiki. I am glad that we were given a flashback that showed the attack. In the movie and manga I wanted to see Gaara targeted as well but unfortunately that didn't happen. That's why I liked this addition so much. One good thing to come out of this attack is that they now know that there are three Otsutsuki out there. With that said I wonder why the other Kages weren't there for this meeting. Also, it was interesting to hear the politics involved in the Chuunin Exams after Sasuke suggested that the Kage postpone it.

I was disappointed in how quickly and easily Sumire's team lost in the second round. I was hoping that they would have done better. It was cool how Shinki took on Denki, Iwabe and Metal Lee by himself. Metal Lee fighting against Shinki brought back memories of Rock Lee fighting Gaara. It's ironic how their two sons also ended up fighting against one another in the Chuunin Exams. It was awesome to see Boruto use a water element jutsu (Thanks to ninja tech) and then his own lightning element jutsu in order to defeat the team from the Hidden Mist Village.

I agree that Naruto and Boruto had a really nice moment. You could see how Naruto struggled to find the right words to say to his son. Once again Boruto acted like he didn't appreciate Naruto's visit but as we all know it meant a lot to him.

Overall this was a really good episode. I enjoyed seeing more of Boruto's training with Sasuke. I liked Sasuke's reaction when Boruto was arguing with his own Shadow Clones. It was neat to see Boruto and his friends interact after the second round of the Chuunin Exams. It's nice that everyone is still close and that they continue to support one another.

Episode gets a 9.
Last edited by Mangekyou Sharingan on May 16th, 2018, 4:14 am, edited 5 times in total.

horyo
Jounin

May 16th, 2018, 1:30 am #3

I liked that Boruto casted lightning style instead of using the device like in the film.

Eyes That Reflect the Heart
Ninja Academy Student
Eyes That Reflect the Heart
Ninja Academy Student

June 5th, 2018, 10:20 pm #4

It seems odd that Gaara was attacked, and then the people he decides to consult on the matter is Sasuke and the Mizukage. Seems like a matter that is worthy of alerting all the Kage as well. I liked Sasuke’s quote “Governing is so annoying”, because it’s so true. Especially since in Boruto, the Naruto characters have done a great job setting up a fairly peaceful and harmonious world, but it evidently has a very delicate balance that can easily be tripped up by even slight things like postponing the chunnin exams. It sounds like it’s the feudal lords that are largely the problem; they’re being very annoying.

Metal vs.Shinki reminded me of the Lee vs. Gaara fight in the chunnin exams in Part I of Naruto, especially with the blood on Metal’s fist.

I loved the scene where Shikamaru tells Naruto that Boruto’s team passed the second part of the exam. It’s funny that Naruto tries to play it cool, but really he’s super excited and invested in his son’s success.

Just about every scene with Naruto and Sasuke is automatically a great scene, so naturally I enjoyed their conversation in the cipher room. It was nice to see Naruto seeming a bit more optimistic, and it was nice of Naruto to tell Sasuke that his daughter had passed the second round. It was funny that Sasuke didn’t respond with enthusiasm, since Naruto himself had pretended to be unenthused when Shikamaru had passed on the success of Boruto’s team earlier. It’s interesting to note that Sasuke seems to have a lot of faith in the next generation, which is really interesting because it seems like most of the previous generation are not having a whole lot of confidence in Boruto’s generation, between the Kage saying that the next generation was “not up to par” with Naruto’s generation, Kakashi’s doubts about the motivation of Boruto and his peers, and Naruto’s lapse in faith of what it means to be a shinobi never changing. Sasuke just doesn’t seem like the first one I would pick to have a lot of confidence in the next generation, but so far he almost seems like the character who has the most faith in them.

There was a lot of tension in that scene with Naruto offering Boruto congratulations. I feel sorry for Naruto, since he seems to connect well with just about everybody, except for his own son. For some reason, it seems like he just has trouble approaching Boruto. Boruto is silly but amusing in how he tries to pretend that he doesn’t care about his dad congratulating him…when he so obviously cares.