techniques by choice - everyone respond

techniques by choice - everyone respond

February 23rd, 2002, 4:33 am #1

ive very curious after reading about so many different tech's on this forum, some published in books and some just made up. id really appreicate it if everyone could share in all the daily/nightly techniques or exercises or whatever methods they do to induce lucid dreams ( or other things, like dream recall, or whatever ) and also the results of these techs. i think it would be cool if we got everyones methods/techs/exercises all together in one post.

also im still looking for a technique or method or whatever that fits me perfect. thanks alot..

----> §teff

February 23rd, 2002, 5:15 am #2

I don't really have one. I have difficulty getting to sleep, so things like WILD and MILD are out. Also, Reality Checks only work rarely.

Sometimes, I sleep on my back, and that occasionally helps, although it is very difficult to do that.

Mostly, I guess I just try to use dream recall and let the DILD's happen.

February 23rd, 2002, 12:25 pm #3

ive very curious after reading about so many different tech's on this forum, some published in books and some just made up. id really appreicate it if everyone could share in all the daily/nightly techniques or exercises or whatever methods they do to induce lucid dreams ( or other things, like dream recall, or whatever ) and also the results of these techs. i think it would be cool if we got everyones methods/techs/exercises all together in one post.

also im still looking for a technique or method or whatever that fits me perfect. thanks alot..

----> §teff
Don't have much time to post, but here's a quick thought. To better organize the techiniques to be posted, there should be distinct categories. Here are the ones I thought up. Someone might have thunk it up better, please let me know. hehe, thunk.

Inducing, Supplemental, Maintaining, Recalling

Inducing - these techniques help to initiate an LD (reality checks, dreamsigns, etc)

Supplemental - these help you to enjoy and control your LD (how to fly, how to make hot chics appear, etc.)

Maintaining - these help you to stay in a lucid state (rubbing hands together, splashing water on face, spinning, etc.)

Recalling - these help you to later recall your LDs and dreams in general (keeping a journal, picking a remembered scene and going backwards, spending the first 5 minutes of your day thinking of nothing but your dreams, etc.)

Hope this helps to group the thousands of unique and awesome techniques that you all come up with or have heard about.

February 23rd, 2002, 6:28 pm #4

----> §teff
I don't exactly have a technique for LDs, I just think about dreams a lot. Maybe that's why I don't have many LDs. As for remembering dreams, which is 99% of the value of any dream work for me, I have a technique for staying conscious further into the sleep cycle, which means I also become conscious earlier in the waking process. I just let my internal dialogue run while maintaining the absolute minimum of awareness so that I don't go into a semi-conscious state too quickly. This also helps to set up a more positive chain of thoughts that lead into the dream.

I was thinking the other night that if I extend the period of consciousness by 1 minute each night then after a year I should be able to sleep consciously for 5 hours... we'll see...

February 23rd, 2002, 8:00 pm #5

----> §teff
I simply use a self made hypnotic tape twice a day for determination buildup and reinforcement. I do no reality checks at all, because I believe they are a waste of time. During the night my alarm clock which dances and sings, goes off every ten minutes for 4 times in a row. Afterwards, I set the clock for 1 hour before wake up time in the morning. I record my dreams on my cassette tape recorder and place them in my journal the next day. My hypnotic tape helps me a great deal and encourages me onward. I take no drugs (Calzea,Alcohol, Salvia or pot), because I enjoy a clear head and a sound mind. I always ask God to guide , protect, and supervise me during my dreams, when I say my bedtime prayers. I never ever have nightmares or dreams of violence of any kind, but only pleasant enjoyable entertaining dreams, LD's and flying(which I love to do.) And there it is! MMII Anetta

February 23rd, 2002, 8:47 pm #6

----> §teff
Sometimes, the clock going off every 10 minutes is too soon. So I bought a second alarm clock, and set it to go off 2 hours after the first one. One thing I have learned from experience, is not to set the alarm for the same times each and every night or the body will become adjusted to it and will wake me up automatically , rendering difficult dream recall. Varying the times is best for me. Also, I don't like to LD each and every night because it slightly disorients me during my waking state. However, I have little control over this and I LD often even when I'm planning not to. My mind seems to want to do what it waNts to do sometimes. Anetta MMII

February 24th, 2002, 12:22 am #7

----> §teff
I've only had 2 LD's in my life, and with very little controle. I used the Reality Check technique, but it took about 1½ week with reality checking, AND my mind focused on dreaming the most of the day before it worked. I've tried a lot of techniques, but this was the only one that worked.
I've only got dream recall in the weekends, because i have time to just lay in my bed, and try to recall things.

February 24th, 2002, 12:51 am #8

----> §teff
Hi,

The method I use mostly is morning napping, after waking up in the morning and feeling like I'm fully rested.

Lying on my back with my eyes closed I simply wait for my body to fall asleep. I don't really involve in any 'internal dialogue' like telling myself to recognise when I'm dreaming. I just intend to (without words) stay aware of what is happening, focussing on visual. In extreme cases, I'll black out for an unspecified amount of time, and then see the dream taking shape. Usually it feels/looks like the dream setting is ready to be shaped (like a ball of clay), and that all it needs is some input. Whatever I can then come up with will then become the dream setting;

I once thought of a forest and slowly a forest took shape, and I found myself lying on my back, eyes closed, on a thick pack of leaves in the middle of a.. (you guessed it!) forest. The strange thing is that the image was still somewhat unstable, and I wasn't sure if my dream self had 'his' eyes open or closed. But when opening them, I would see the image of my bedroom mixed in with the forest, so I suppose my body wasn't fully SP'ed yet. I tried to remain calm and waited patiently and the dream then stabalized into a full featured LD wich lasted quiet a bit.

Ciao,
Oneirista

I

February 24th, 2002, 10:08 am #9

----> §teff
Something that so far is doing okay with me... ::I became lucid the first night upon doing this:: is writing a story about a lucid dream. (One that I want, only from the point of view that I already had it) I didn't become FULLY lucid, but I became lucid enough to where I was controlling stuff going on in the dream. (Making night turn into day, rewinding and changing the same scene over and over and showing the people in my dream. lol) It's not a perfect technique of course, but for me becoming even a little bit lucid is REALLY exciting! So maybe it could work for you too I do it RIGHT before I go to sleep so that its the last thing i do b4 i lay down.

February 24th, 2002, 3:36 pm #10

----> §teff
I read and own the book "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming" by SL and I use the repeat "Im Dreaming" Technique. The second time I tried it my hands wernt against the bed!
-Ness-