One last question.

One last question.

nick
nick

August 23rd, 2001, 12:17 pm #1

About the napping technique.After 6 hours of sleep and after 1hour nonsleep will i be able to go back to sleep or will i suffer from insomnia.And what ami going to do if i won't be able to sleep?

August 23rd, 2001, 12:22 pm #2

When I try the MILD technique before the first REM cycle, I tend to suffer from insomnia. After 6 hours of sleep, this side effect of MILD seems to be reduced but I can't promise that it will disappear. It definitely seems to be easier to fall asleep faster and enter a dream faster after having slept 6 hours.

NeoVis
NeoVis

August 23rd, 2001, 12:35 pm #3

About the napping technique.After 6 hours of sleep and after 1hour nonsleep will i be able to go back to sleep or will i suffer from insomnia.And what ami going to do if i won't be able to sleep?
I too suffer from insomnia. I always have have to find the balance between quality of sleep and my goals of lucid dreaming. You might be better off trying the DILD method (recognizing dream symbols, doing reality checks during the day etc...). It might take a little longer to LD, but you'll get the hours of sleep you need too.

Learning about LDing has actually helped with my insomnia. I've had problems with early morning wakings. I used to get mad about it, now it's an opportunity to WILD or MILD.

To LD you must also learn patience. Seeing your other post, this seem like something you need to work on. Taking up meditation will help you sleep better, increase your chances of LDing and also make you a calmer more patient person.

August 23rd, 2001, 12:39 pm #4

GET TIRED!
(works for me)

August 23rd, 2001, 1:20 pm #5

Yeah Raven, I don't sleep until I'm tired. I don't care if it means that I'm only going to get 4 hours of sleep. It's better than tossing and turning for 4 hours and getting 2 hours of sleep

August 23rd, 2001, 1:27 pm #6

Perhaps if you can't go back to sleep after 6 hours sleep, you should put it down to 5... try to find a time where your mind is still awake enough to keep 'ticking over' during MILD or WILD, while you are also tired enough to drift back to sleep.

August 23rd, 2001, 1:34 pm #7

and I stay awake until one of those moments when my body feels drowsy. Then I go to bed right away knowing that I feel drowsy enough to fall asleep.

August 23rd, 2001, 1:35 pm #8

I think I need some of that meditation s**t too!

?Lien
?Lien

August 23rd, 2001, 2:16 pm #9

I also had this problem, it's because I'm always thinking of something. For me it helps to let myself carry on the flow of toughts, after a while these toughts turn a bit dreamlike. Then I fall asleep. If I allow myself to carry with the flow I get relaxed. I used to relax by trying not to think about anything, but I can't do that, and become frustated instead of relaxed. Maybe this will also help for you