OBE & falling sensation

OBE & falling sensation

November 7th, 2001, 8:10 am #1

I really need some info on OBE, haven't read anything on about it since I haven't planned to have one. But yesterday I talked to Jack about this falling sensation I can induce at will when trying to go to sleep. This is something I can do like a minute after I've gone to bed. My body starts feeling heavy and stuff....When I "fall" I am jerked back to reality, but I can do it again a minute later. Yesterday I tried to make it feel like I was floating over my body instead of falling backwards and it worked! The problem is making myself go with the flow----

What is this falling sensation? Is it the beginning of an OBE or WILD`??? Any input would be appreciated....

P.S. If you're interested I think I can teach you exactly how to do this.......

November 7th, 2001, 9:49 am #2

I would definitely like to hear more about your "technique".

Sometimes I try and stay awake for as long as possible, just to see what happens. I enjoy the feeling when my mind tries to force me to fall asleep. At that point when I just start to fade out, everything gets very calm for a second. Then I will get this weird sensation of movement from side to side. This movement is very intense, and to me actually feels a lot like falling in a weird way.
I was just wondering if this is similar to your falling experience.

Try reading anything by Robert Monroe for information on OOBE. "The Ultimate Journey" is one of my favorites.

November 7th, 2001, 11:26 am #3

I really need some info on OBE, haven't read anything on about it since I haven't planned to have one. But yesterday I talked to Jack about this falling sensation I can induce at will when trying to go to sleep. This is something I can do like a minute after I've gone to bed. My body starts feeling heavy and stuff....When I "fall" I am jerked back to reality, but I can do it again a minute later. Yesterday I tried to make it feel like I was floating over my body instead of falling backwards and it worked! The problem is making myself go with the flow----

What is this falling sensation? Is it the beginning of an OBE or WILD`??? Any input would be appreciated....

A couple of months ago I went to the local yoga center with my psychology class. The guy said some really interesting stuff and I decided to try meditation. I found several techniques at www.meditationcenter.com and decided to try the that's called "the inner sound". What you basically do is to sit down comfortably, with your knees bent and hands on your knees/thighs. You just sit there and listen to your inner sound. The inner sound is the high-frequency "note" you hear. Ignore everything else, just focus on this sound. When I did this my body started feeling heavy and I got this falling sensation. The third time I did it I got what felt like energy tingling my feet. It was awesome. I stopped doing this because I didn't have time.

But now, when lying with eyes closed I can induce this sensation by letting my mind drift and sort of shifting my eyes upwards. When I shift my eyes upwards I feel like I'm falling backwards or flying in reverse. When I shift them downwards I feel like I'm floating in the air. Also, the colors swirling in front of my eyes get a certain pattern. The blackness in front of my eyes is enlarged ( this probably sounds really silly ).It's really strange. Try that meditation thing and experience the falling sensation and then I'll bet it'll be easier to induce it at will.....

November 7th, 2001, 11:36 am #4

Forgot to add this, but after the meditation ( usually lasted for 30 mins ) I felt really relaxed and happy. Felt like I could do anything. It's a way of clearing your mind.....

Hehe, that guy at the yoga center told me about this 3 days long seminar he had been to. The instructors made them all go outside and choose a stone to look at. Now they were to look at this stone for 2 hrs, focusing only on the stone. They were also told to do everything REALLY slowly, being fully aware of everything they did. For three days they did really boring shit while trying to be as much aware of themselves as possible. This way their minds got to "think through" all the impressions from other stuff like movies etc. When they were done he said that his senses improved and that he got an inner calm. And he was able to enjoy stuff more properly.....

November 7th, 2001, 2:46 pm #5

Falling can be both ld or obe but my guess is it was a WILD

Thomas
Thomas

November 7th, 2001, 3:01 pm #6

I've always held the belief that eye movement has a strong influence on the dreaming experience. I find that if I'm lying with my eyes closed and I focus really nearby, I get a distinct falling sensation in my body. I bet you also that in becoming lucid, the eyes of your sleeping body pull into focus. Eyes ARE after all free from the paralysis of the rest of the sleeping body. Now, I haven't yet experimented with OBE's nor do I want to, and I may be on the "skeptic" panel in this forum, but I really think you might want to try experimenting with you eyes to see if it influences your astral navigation, as it were. I'd be very interested in the results. Bye and good luck.

November 7th, 2001, 4:34 pm #7

But can you tell me what to do to when this happens to complete the WILD?

Tomas, I consider myself a part of the skeptic panel as well, and I've never even considered having OBE....but I wanna read about it and know what it is before I decide not to do it or do it. And I don't know, if inducing this sensation at will is a skill then I'm not gonna waste it. I really hope I can find out how to use it to WILD....

November 7th, 2001, 6:09 pm #8

Nice site.
Just wanna ask you a question: did you have any problems with concentration during your meditation (nice rhyme )?

November 7th, 2001, 9:00 pm #9

Whenever I lost my concentration I re-focused on the sound....no problem...

Tom
Tom

November 10th, 2001, 6:56 pm #10

I would be interested to hear about your method re falling sensation.