greetings dreamers!

March 7th, 2002, 9:11 pm #1

Looks like I stumbled onto a mine field of information. I'd just like to say hello to everyone. I am a dreamer with many questions and experiences. I have had the occasional lucid dream and am currently working on programming myself for more luck in that area. If you notice my nickname, you'll see I have a tendency towards rain/water/lakes/rivers/creeks dreams with frequent tornado/storms and fishing dreams to boot.

I don't know how many people will understand the following... I assume you would have to experience it to know what I am talking about, so here goes:

I would like to discuss the matter of hypnogogia with anyone else who 'get's stuck' there. Also would like to talk about the internal vibrations, or nausea that ALWAYS comes up when I meditate or attempt to sleep on my back. Also, anyone who gets the 'third eye' tingle during meditation. How do you cope with the sensation?

Thanks, Kierra

March 8th, 2002, 3:22 am #2

lately i have been trying out the WILD methods. I have been lying in bed on my back clearing me head of all thoughts, and after a short time (5-10 min) i start feeling the same vibrations you describe. My best advice for the vibrations is to go with it, personally i like the tingly feeling its pretty relaxing, the thing that gets me though is the hypnogoogly or whatever imagery i begin to experience. I always end up trying not to focus too much or i try and focus too hard but in the end i always end up opening my eyes and trying the whole process again. Hope i helped at all

ThaT's......
QuEstiONablE.....
and don't forget about the CrEepeRS

March 9th, 2002, 1:07 pm #3

Looks like I stumbled onto a mine field of information. I'd just like to say hello to everyone. I am a dreamer with many questions and experiences. I have had the occasional lucid dream and am currently working on programming myself for more luck in that area. If you notice my nickname, you'll see I have a tendency towards rain/water/lakes/rivers/creeks dreams with frequent tornado/storms and fishing dreams to boot.

I don't know how many people will understand the following... I assume you would have to experience it to know what I am talking about, so here goes:

I would like to discuss the matter of hypnogogia with anyone else who 'get's stuck' there. Also would like to talk about the internal vibrations, or nausea that ALWAYS comes up when I meditate or attempt to sleep on my back. Also, anyone who gets the 'third eye' tingle during meditation. How do you cope with the sensation?

Thanks, Kierra
I know, (and maybe that is the trouble) that the tingle is a good sign...but it makes me very 'sick' feeling and uncomfortable.

In another situation sometimes, and last night is a good example, I get caught up in a hynpogogoc place... I am neither awake, nor sleeping, nor dreaming. I can hear what's going on around me, but I don't respond to it. I can stay that way for hours but never achieve sleep or rest or dreams and it can be quite frustrating as I am exhausted the next morning.

Ever since I started focusing intensely on getting lucid I have noticed an increase in dreams, and better recall so I know something positive is happening...just can't quit sleeping through the dreams. I have been trying all the tecniques including subliminals but any lucid dreams I have had have been accidental. Maybe I am trying too hard if there is such a thing.

March 9th, 2002, 7:40 pm #4

Thanks, Kierra
That you are out of balance, somewhat. If you have ever studied Traditional Chinese Medicine or Ayurvedic medicine, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

When you acheive balance, the tingling will not be unsettling, and you should easily be able to slip past the hypnogogic imagery into a full-blown dream/ldream.

BTW - 9.5 out of 10 people here know exactly what you're talking about.

He who owes nothing is rich enough.

March 11th, 2002, 4:32 am #5

Thanks, Kierra
thats a beautiful feeling man to be stuck in the hypnagogic state.

i once tried to wild while first going to sleep at 9pm.

i stayed in that state until 5am! i felt so well rested and i was seeing things with such clarity. i spent the whole day felling absolutely delighted with myself and the world.

here is what happened

9pm go to sleep after meditation:

focus focus focus

hypnagogic imagery

vibrations

leg starts to twitch (im still focusing)

irrational thoughts start (still focused but detached from my thought . . . really hard to describe)

after about an hour of a GARGANTUAN BATTLE of trying to stay focused i find myself in:

NOTHINGNESS . . . no imagery, cramps, or thoughts. just plain nothing. i was myself without any memories or thoughts. i was just laying there filled with a vast void. once i was in this state i didn't need to sleep. hell i didn't know or care what sleep was! like wise my mind stopped reminding me of my original intend of WILDing (because i stoped thinking). i also became completely unaware of the passage of time i just felt incredibly at peace and that everything is OK. its a state that is really hard to sematically descibe.

anyway when my alarm went off i spent like 30 seconds with a silly grin plastered on my face trying to figure out who the hell i was and what the hell i was doing. anyway it was an absolutely incredible feeling.

havent been able to do it since. the time leading to to the nomind state was HELL. the inner struggle i went through not to move (to alleviate my cramps) and remain focused through hypnagogic imagarey and mental chatter was THE GREATEST BATTLE I HAVE EVER FOUGHT.

btw is it awfully annoying that I SUDDENLY YELL AT YOU LIKE I AM DOING NOW?

March 11th, 2002, 10:10 am #6

Thanks, Kierra
I also had something like you Trancedence some time ago when trying to wild. It was 11pm when i started WILDing. I tried to be like spectator so anything that came i should just ignore and stay awake. I heard some screaming. It sounded like neutral scream. It wasn't scary or pleasant. I just kept laying in my bed passively and trying not to fall asleep.

Then i finally got in state that felt like i no longer existed. Like i had turned into stone or something that just is and stays the same. Finally i came conscious and i realised i had not sleeped at all. I had no idea how long i had been like that and i was really suprised when it was already 4am. I then went sleep little scared because i had to wake up early. But when i woke up i felt refreshed and not tired at all.

March 11th, 2002, 3:10 pm #7

Thanks, Kierra
I'd just like to ask those of you who have being doing these experiments (which I suppose could be classified as a kind of meditation) whether you are lying on your side or your back. The reason I ask is because I find lying on my back to be better for the meditation part, but then later on I feel that I want to turn on to my side and have to wake up. Can you manage to stay lying on your back all night? Also, what exactly is your strategy for internal dialogue? Do you use it as part of the technique or try to still it? I find that talking to myself in my head helps to produce that state of heightened self-consciousness as the body goes to sleep. Then the internal dialogue gradually slows down and naturally stops. Shortly after this point is where is usually seem to lose the plot. How have you got past here? Just by sheer will-power?