Bored

Bored

February 26th, 2002, 2:46 pm #1

I'd just like to say that I'm at work and I can't possibly be dreaming because it would never be this boring.

February 26th, 2002, 3:08 pm #2

LOL, same here..

If this is just a dream of mine, my brain has absolutely no competense in the matter of "fun"..

I often wonder if it's a dream when I work, or if maybe the physical reality as we know it is just a plain dream...
Seems weird that reality would be more boring than the dreamlife. Who knows what's real?

Nah.. enough of me bullshitting.
Cheers
/Aristoteles

February 28th, 2002, 12:03 pm #3

I'd just like to say that I'm at work and I can't possibly be dreaming because it would never be this boring.
Have you noticed that it is possible to be certain that you are dreaming but never to be certain that you are not dreaming?

But there is still a difference between dreams and waking life, even if it is not quite possible to say exactly what it is.

Now, maybe the whole network of dreaming/waking is a big dream...

February 28th, 2002, 7:58 pm #4

Sure I've noticed exactly what ya say there..

And, maybe not just dreaming/waking network is a
dream, maybe all our lives are a dream, and dying is
simply waking up?

Huh, quite astonishing, aint it?
Sometimes I wonder, if I where caught in a Lucid Dream,
like going into an endless coma with no possibilites to wake up. What would I do in that dream?

Would I strive to make it as real-life like as possible with work and girlfriend just cause I would miss it, or would I just create my own universe and
make my own rules of nature?

What would u do?

Cheers
/Aristoteles

March 4th, 2002, 3:56 pm #5

So why does the boring bit have to be what we are all calling 'awake' at the moment? Is boredom necessary to create a consistent dream where the complex interconnected threads of a life sustained over many years all cohere together without inconsistency? I wonder how this relates to Freud's (authoritarian) idea that repression is necessary for the existence of society?

March 11th, 2002, 12:19 pm #6

I'm so bored this time I can't even think of anything to say about it.

March 11th, 2002, 2:00 pm #7

I'm actually too bored to answer that one,
but I will give it a go..

I believe boredom is needed to get fascinating dreams,
if we all lived cool lives with great powers, there would be no need to dream about theese things.

Instead we would dream about what we call everyday life, and consider that as cool.. perhaps nah..
i dunno.. sounds to weird to be true..

Like "Guess what I dreamed tonight! I dreamt I worked, I had no special powers and it was soooo cool! I wish my life was more like that"..

aheem.. nevermind..