Joined: February 24th, 2007, 7:30 pm

July 9th, 2018, 3:31 pm #61

edge29 wrote:Guidice still in the roster.
I'm a littleslow on the uptake and this finally hit me.  Does this mean that his suspension has been lifted?
New Coach = New Attitude = New Game = HOPE!
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: November 20th, 2010, 8:31 pm

July 9th, 2018, 3:51 pm #62

I don't have any inside info.  I'm guessing he will practice until he's eligible (last game ??).

The loss of him and Lonardo is going to sting.  The Army transfer came just in time.  
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: October 13th, 2008, 12:38 pm

July 11th, 2018, 11:12 pm #63

carney2 wrote:
edge29 wrote:Guidice still in the roster.
I'm a littleslow on the uptake and this finally hit me.  Does this mean that his suspension has been lifted?
It doesn't mean his suspension was lifted. Zataveski was listed on the roster all last season while he served a similar suspension. Giudice would be permitted to practice, but not to play. It's an NCAA thing, not a school or league thing. Sorry for butting in, but it was only for a clarification.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: October 28th, 2013, 5:22 pm

July 12th, 2018, 10:19 pm #64

Why did Lonardo leave ?
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: July 11th, 2017, 9:55 pm

July 13th, 2018, 8:42 pm #65

SixtyEighter wrote: Why did Lonardo leave ?
Heard "academic reasons" played a part but unclear as to what that means
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: February 24th, 2007, 4:11 am

July 20th, 2018, 5:37 pm #66

Quote
Like
Share

Joined: November 9th, 2016, 8:28 pm

July 22nd, 2018, 12:10 pm #67

Andy help the hopeless, how do I see the replay
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: September 29th, 2017, 10:45 am

July 22nd, 2018, 8:12 pm #68

SIDELINER wrote:
carney2 wrote:
edge29 wrote:Guidice still in the roster.
I'm a littleslow on the uptake and this finally hit me.  Does this mean that his suspension has been lifted?
It doesn't mean his suspension was lifted. Zataveski was listed on the roster all last season while he served a similar suspension. Giudice would be permitted to practice, but not to play. It's an NCAA thing, not a school or league thing. Sorry for butting in, but it was only for a clarification.
I only get here occasionally but why can’t Giudice play. I expected him to be st the core of the D line. Please someone enlighten me.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: February 24th, 2007, 4:11 am

July 23rd, 2018, 12:18 am #69

PardDad71 wrote: Andy help the hopeless, how do I see the replay
There wasn’t much in the first place and they’ve cut it down even further in this replay, but this was the most meaningful:

JG on Stadium
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: February 24th, 2007, 4:11 am

July 23rd, 2018, 5:26 pm #70

openlcr wrote: I only get here occasionally but why can’t Giudice play.   I expected him to be st the core of the D line.   Please someone enlighten me.
Tony is a FORCE on the field and a huge loss.

We've lost 2 to "NCAA suspensions" over the last 2 years. The S/As, the NCAA, the school and the press have chosen not to divulge the reason. Both have been named to the league honor roll, so not academic. PR says KZ and TG suspensions are "similar" so not transfer rule violation related. We are left to speculate that both have resulted from positive drug tests, and are consistent with NCAA suspension rules - 365 day suspension from date of urine test while retaining ability to practice. Again, I am an outsider and this is SPECULATION. Recall that NCAA rules call for immediate 1 year suspension for testing positive for banned substances that may be hidden ingredients in nutritional supplements. A positive test for heroin, on the other hand, results in a 6 month suspension (illicit or "street drug" category). 
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: September 29th, 2017, 10:45 am

July 23rd, 2018, 7:21 pm #71

Big loss
So he is done at Laf as he is a senior
I was counting him as a major effector on D
Dang!
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: February 24th, 2007, 4:11 am

July 23rd, 2018, 7:28 pm #72

openlcr wrote: Big loss
So he is done at Laf as he is a senior
I was counting him as a major effector on D
Dang!
AFAIK eligible for last 2 games on 2018 schedule.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: September 29th, 2017, 10:45 am

July 23rd, 2018, 9:27 pm #73

Andy wrote:
openlcr wrote: Big loss
So he is done at Laf as he is a senior
I was counting him as a major effector on D
Dang!
AFAIK eligible for last 2 games on 2018 schedule.
Army and Lehigh 
His season.   I would hate to be the Lehigh lineman that goes up against him if he wants to play
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: October 13th, 2008, 12:38 pm

July 24th, 2018, 10:44 pm #74

I'm pretty sure neither Zataveski nor Giudice will get back the year they missed as a result of the suspensions. I can't believe it was allowed to happen two years in a row. I hope everyone has learned a lesson by now and will check all medications closely.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: September 29th, 2017, 10:45 am

July 25th, 2018, 12:28 am #75

Then they are finished? Both Sr
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: February 24th, 2007, 4:11 am

July 25th, 2018, 4:28 pm #76

Football Forum sponsored by Lehigh Valley Alums featuring a scrimmage is 8/18/18.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: February 24th, 2007, 4:11 am

July 26th, 2018, 1:50 pm #77

Finally something from summer session. This is great to see! Thanks to the player for posting:

6 plates/side?!
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: February 24th, 2007, 4:11 am

July 27th, 2018, 4:15 pm #78

I'm trying to figure out what's going on with this program. Is alumni interest at an all-time low?

Is Friends of Football still in existence? Have they embraced the new coach? Is he welcoming to them? Have they tired of fighting the administration, particularly after this "study" debacle.

The last post on FoF facebook page was April 2016.

The last entry on Maroon Club FoF (lafayette.edu) was October 2017. The list of committee members on the site includes McCutcheon, Tavani and Joe Giamo (Rutgers).

I did get an email in April 2018.

I realize Coach JG is keeping things a lot closer to the vest than T did, but IDK, something seems odd. Pls tell me I'm wrong. Am I totally off base, should I remove this post? 

https://community.lafayette.edu/friends-of-football/

https://www.facebook.com/LCFriendsofFootball/
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: October 6th, 2014, 1:46 pm

July 27th, 2018, 4:33 pm #79

Andy wrote: I'm trying to figure out what's going on with this program. Is alumni interest at an all-time low?

Is Friends of Football still in existence? Have they embraced the new coach? Is he welcoming to them? Have they tired of fighting the administration, particularly after this "study" debacle.



The last post on FoF facebook page was April 2016.

The last entry on Maroon Club FoF (lafayette.edu) was October 2017. The list of committee members on the site includes McCutcheon, Tavani and Joe Giamo (Rutgers).

I did get an email in April 2018.

I realize Coach JG is keeping things a lot closer to the vest than T did, but IDK, something seems odd. Pls tell me I'm wrong. Am I totally off base, should I remove this post? 

https://community.lafayette.edu/friends-of-football/

https://www.facebook.com/LCFriendsofFootball/
I’ve had extended conversations via email with FOF reps, and I didn’t sense any less resolve to their acting in the best interest of the program......
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: February 24th, 2007, 4:11 am

July 27th, 2018, 4:40 pm #80

Whew. Good to hear, pf. Appreciate it.  Those great Pards were a huge reason for the re-emergence of the program. High hopes for this season.
Quote
Like
Share