Competition Cash

Kotton
Master Mechanic
Master Mechanic
Kotton
Master Mechanic
Master Mechanic

October 20th, 2010, 12:44 am #1

Here's you're chance to win big buckets of CASH!

Photograph by Viva Van Story

Competition Cash - FAQs
  • Q; what the hell is with the donation button? wtf is that for?
  • A; it's for a pot that we're collecting so we can reward our 1st place competition winners with cold hard E-cash, hence the name "Competition Cash"
  • Q; so does any of that money go into your pocket for your expensive nug habit!?
  • A; damn, that's a good idea! ..but no, the funds collected will be rewarded and dispersed to competition winners ONLY
  • Q; yeah effn right, my ass! ..we all kno you Kot, how can we be assured that you're not gonna be dippn into the pot like some filthy fucknugget politician!?
  • A; thx for the vote of confidence thpppt - all of the collected funds will be transparent in the fact that I will be sharing monthly statements with all of the Shop's Managers, Staff and Master Mechanics, and those statements will be viewable by them at any time
  • Q; hold up.. so if the pot collects a hondo, the next comp winner is going to get 100 dollars!? ..eureka! I'M IN! woo hoo!
  • A; not exactly, no-
  • R; awwwwe :(
  • A; depending on how much the pot is holding, and depending on the competition, we're going to be capping the contests at 45 dollars - this means that the winner will walk away with a minimum of 30 dollars in E-cash (conversion competitions) - however, for any scratch contests we might hold, that cap would more than likely be raised to 60 - and for 2D and or rendering competitions, the cap would be 15 - this of course, all depends on the level of donations the Shop receives
  • Q; so.. what if you don't have enough donations for the cause?
  • A; we will be holding off until the pot collects enough donations to fuel the first comp.. until then, it's bidness as usual
  • Q; ok, lets pretend I'm buying into this cockamaime scheme you're trying to pull over on us.. if I was to donate, how much should I give? and how would I do so?
  • A; the donation is completely up to you, any amount will help.. even if it's 50¢ (you cheap bastard) xD - and to donate, you simply click on the portal button.. it will magically transport you to PayPal where you decide your level of charity
  • Q; uh.. ok, are you wearing underwear?
  • A; yes, the same sweaty pair for the past 7 days now..
  • Additional Notes;
    more than likely, we'll be charging a 3 dollar entry fee for future competitions, this will not only raise the pot, but should also help to motivate those who would normally drop out

Arklite
100 Club
100 Club
Arklite
100 Club
100 Club

October 20th, 2010, 1:38 pm #2

This is a damn good idea
I'm here witchya for this one

Kotton
Master Mechanic
Master Mechanic
Kotton
Master Mechanic
Master Mechanic

October 20th, 2010, 6:42 pm #3

nice.. it's too bad the majority of people on this planet don't feel the need or obligation to give back after they've been helpd.. if every person that got something from my tutorials (SA or otherwise) gave a dollar.. meh, nvm, I guess that's like saying "if I had a nickel for every time blah blah" lol - I have a strong suspicion that most of the pot is going to come from entry fees

Threepwood
Master Mechanic
Master Mechanic
Threepwood
Master Mechanic
Master Mechanic

October 20th, 2010, 7:40 pm #4

I just hope that idea won't fall asleep once in a while.

Additionally, as mentioned earlier, I'd suggest to open a public call for spending some money to get premium zeta, or ad-free. Premium would be 7.99$ per month. Of course the noble spender would have to clear that in any reference text. Just as an idea, if you would want that Kot. I'd pay the first month, just because of having that dumb idea xD
Lets eat Grampa.
Propositional signs save lives.

Kotton
Master Mechanic
Master Mechanic
Kotton
Master Mechanic
Master Mechanic

October 20th, 2010, 8:16 pm #5

I appreciate the thought bro, really.. but the idea of spending that amount of cash for an ad free Zeta with minor upgrades is not something I would ask of anyone.. myself included lol

Threepwood
Master Mechanic
Master Mechanic
Threepwood
Master Mechanic
Master Mechanic

October 21st, 2010, 6:58 am #6

k, bury it 6 feet under xD
Keep it on the contests then :good:
Lets eat Grampa.

Boolean Stinkwerks
Machinist - VIP
Machinist - VIP

October 21st, 2010, 10:06 pm #7

If i could donate i would but owing paypal 250 quid i can't see how unless it was a 300 quid donation lol. But i can donate my love to you all :D

Kotton
Master Mechanic
Master Mechanic
Kotton
Master Mechanic
Master Mechanic

October 21st, 2010, 10:29 pm #8

yeah, I think we're gonna have to skip the donations pot and just use sign up fees

Threepwood
Master Mechanic
Master Mechanic
Threepwood
Master Mechanic
Master Mechanic

October 31st, 2010, 7:29 am #9

Just to inform you, the first 5$ are online. So folks, keep this up, whatever you got spare, even 50ct or less, a donation is donation (we can sell 50ct at ebay, I don't like him anyway hurr hurr).

Keep this up, don't let this idea die. Or I have to send a Repo to Kot.

:P

Btw., if anyone is really out of money even for that small entry fee, but wants to take part, I'd suggest to allow asking for a sponsor (one per contestant) who can as well be a technical helper then. If the sponsor paid, but the contestant breaks up, we need some kind of punishment but the money staying in the pot. For example: the contestant is not allowed to take part in the next three contest or shit like that.
So.. did anyone else join? Or ahs this been dying as well?
Lets eat Grampa.

Kotton
Master Mechanic
Master Mechanic
Kotton
Master Mechanic
Master Mechanic

June 14th, 2011, 6:54 pm #10

it's dead bro, not one soul besides you and I have contributed

if you want your 5 bucks back just lemme know.....