Moderator: SRS

air_step
Soldier

1:55 AM - Jun 09, 2018 #2891

I think the approach of WAS being a collectathon game changed my mind on how to approach it. For a long time I thought the combat wasn't anything to write home about, the hero skills for the most part are the main meat and potatoes of the game and every character has access to them and are necessary. So the game doesn't particularly stand out with the combat.

Going back to the collectathon thing, the way I enjoy the game most is collecting all the regards, micro-managing their acquisition, I do like how the game forces you to pick a variety of characters as this validates the regard system and you experience all the hero skills I would otherwise ignore. Ignoring it is an option, using the same maxed out characters, but you will also feel clearing a map and it's regard rewards are being wasted.

The bath and talk stuff isn't particularly fun but I can see how someone could go for them since they pop up anyway every time you go to the Sanctuary (after completing a stage). Collecting all the endings is so-so but the game sort of forces you in that roadmap because there's not much else to do especially if you ignore regards and bath/talks.

AntonKutovoi wrote:I recently returned to the game and unlocked all William friendship events. For anyone interested:
https://youtu.be/oIg5Kf_g2A4
Any tips for this in general? How did you approach it in the most efficient way?

I'm thinking the best approach would be to visit the Sanctuary after every stage completed, once everyone has been unlocked just keep doing random maps?

Does getting S-Ranks end results make a difference on the probability of bath events? I notice you sometimes get fail states in the bath (animals) and wondering if there's a pattern to it all. Maybe the characters you choose to team with etc.

Also I liked your video :)

PoetPersonnage
First Lieutenant
PoetPersonnage
First Lieutenant

2:52 AM - Jun 09, 2018 #2892

While the combat is fluid in WAS (at least compared to past Warriors games), it is rather generic and doesn't exactly make use of the five man team we create. I suppose Koei should amp the action up a bit, not just limiting combinations with certain characters and maybe even enabling combination attacks during normal combos.

I can agree with the bath and talk stuff. We don't see much besides seeing them talk when you get a bath encounter scene and some dialogues between the characters are rather forgettable. It was fun at first but it gets tedious after a while.

Regarding getting conversations scene, I do just that too: come back every single battle once both characters have their regards increased. Also I don't think battle ranks affect the probability of getting a bath scene. I got a B final rank one time and a bath scene still triggers between two specific characters.

Credits to Meari for the lovely fanbars, signatures and avatars!

Musou Stars 2 wish list:
[+] Spoiler
Dynasty Warriors: Guan Yinping, Sun Jian, Xu Shu, Sima Yi, Cai Wenji, Cao Cao.

Samurai Warriors: Ujiyasu Hojo, Oichi, Hanbei Takenaka, Magoichi Saika, Inahime, Sakon Shima.

Toukiden: Nagi, Hatsuho, Fugaku, Benizuki, Gwen.

Dead or Alive: Hitomi, Tina, Nyotengu, Helena, Brad Wong, Bayman.

Ninja Gaiden: Momiji, Rachel.

Deception: Velguirie, Alicia/Allura.

Atelier: Firis Mistlud, Lydie Malen, Suelle Malen, Iris Fortner, Totooria "Totori" Helmold.

Nights of Azure: Aluche Anatoria, Liliana Selphin, Ruenheid Ariarhod, Camilla Alucard.

Anyone from the EXA_PICO (Ar Tonelico/Ar Nosurge) universe.

AntonKutovoi
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
AntonKutovoi
Supreme Warrior-Scholar

4:15 AM - Jun 09, 2018 #2893

Yes, younshould return tonthe sanctuary, almost after every battle, either to view a new event, or to skip the ones you've already unlocked in the previous walktroughs. As for the grinding bonds level - put the character you're development bonds with into the first slot and often switch to him. Rush battles are very good for bonds, since they are short, but at the dame time allow you to kill a lot of enemies.

Thanks for the signature, A?i Dahāka!

"Zu jeder Zeit, an jedem Ort, bleibt das Tun der Menschen das gleiche - In every time, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same"

My youtube channel

Check out Warriors series character songs!

Roles compilations of Japanese voice actors in the Warriors series

air_step
Soldier

8:55 PM - Oct 07, 2018 #2894

Finally got all the bath scenes, man that was a chore, I will eventually make a video for the recorded scenes as the animations don't show in the gallery (just text/voice), I made an intro GMV because I have so much footage.

I also am going for a speedrun which I will upload to speedrun.com I have two stages up already and the rest to come later next week since I'm busy. Personally this game only really shines gameplay-wise for speedrunning purposes as it validates paying attention to the cards and the different requirements for the stages, plus the Bravery system is quite clever for thinking about strategy in terms of speedrunning. There builds in this game that are valid but the game would never compel you to use them without setting personal goals (speedrun records). It's the most fun part I have with the game, rest is so-so.

AntonKutovoi
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
AntonKutovoi
Supreme Warrior-Scholar

9:43 PM - Oct 07, 2018 #2895

Wow. You’ve done bath events? I am planning eventually unlock all friendship events, and even that is a tedious task. And bath events are even harder to unlock.

"Zu jeder Zeit, an jedem Ort, bleibt das Tun der Menschen das gleiche - In every time, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same"

My youtube channel

air_step
Soldier

1:51 AM - Oct 08, 2018 #2896

I'd say it not worth the investment, but no one on youtube has recorded the bath animations (as insignificant as they are) and I was in too deep already with recorded footage so thought might as well.

For friendship events each character has to cycle through 25 default messages from each other character until friendship events start to show. So 50 stages per character. Then there is the bath events which are a pain because of the RNG and navigating to the bath after each stage.

AntonKutovoi
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
AntonKutovoi
Supreme Warrior-Scholar

5:15 AM - Oct 08, 2018 #2897

Another problem is that I constantly get either group bathing or animals.

My youtube channel

air_step
Soldier

7:33 AM - Oct 08, 2018 #2898

You can skip those but it requires some energy/time looking at the face icons above the bath location.

Example - if you have say 6 face icons and you go inside simply deduce who is there, if there's 5 people then 1 is in the bath, anything else is a group or animal. To avoid groups (for as long as you can) choose a male main character then keep minimum 3 female team members on the team since the game doesn't allow group bathing to show for opposite sex (same works vice versa). Remember to remove team members you have already acquired a bath scene for otherwise the game will eventually spawn their bath scene again. You can always go to the gallery to check what you have unlocked.