Moderator: scholar

The Donald Trump Presidency

Yuki-Onna
God of War

4:06 AM - Nov 11, 2016 #1

This thread is to discuss the Presidency under Donald Trump. As he is not President yet, it is currently to discuss his plans for the presidency and his staffing plans.
Thanks for the sig Hazarapatish

MeowMeow
Emperor's Retainer
MeowMeow
Emperor's Retainer

5:30 AM - Nov 11, 2016 #2

Non-exhaustive list of potential personnel:

Mike Pence (of course)
Paul Ryan (Will now be critical, to hopefully stop Trump's crazier ideas)
Newt Gingrinch (Oh good lordy :kurokan: )
Rudy Giuliani (Well, credit where credit's due, the man ROSE from the political grave, and will now have some sort of position in the "Trump Administration". Ack, saying that sounds SOOOO weird :OMG: )

General Mike Flynn, who supported Trump from start to finish, has got to be a frontrunner for Defence and/or any military posts. He's actually a fairly accomplished SOF soldier, just with some zanier geopolitical ideas....

Maybe General William Boykin, the hardcore dominionist Christian general.... oh boy...

Chris Christie... did he lose out? :lol: After enduring ALL that humiliation (grabbing burgers for the Donald, "no more oreos Chris" "you go home" :lol: ) Maybe he'll get lucky :XD

John Bolton, US delegate to the UN during the Bush years. He may well be back. Ohhhhh boy.....

Ivanka Trump (???) Potential advisor behind the scenes. More sane than her father and as far as Trump's kids go probably the smartest one :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's some other prominent people in his circle

Roger Stone may come back in some capacity :kurokan:

Sheriff Joe Arpaio lost, so NOW he may be able to get into the Trump administration not just in Arizona but IN WASHINGTON (maybe the head of the "Deportation force" :kurokan: :ph43r: )

What the hell are Steve Bannon and Alex Jones going to do NOW? They ARE the establishment now, seriously! LOL! :XD

Milo Yiannopoulos takes over the "Log Cabin Republicans" and..... ohhh boy, I don't even know where to begin. Maybe he officially becomes Trumps' "head of online operations" :XD
I have a feeling that this thread will get VERY LONG, VERY JUICY and VERY INTERESTING in the next four years :heykosho:

:popcorn: Cheers to opening the MAGA thread Rance :cool: Long may this thread live and prosper like the last two glorious threads on the election :cool:
Thanks to Rosaceae for this wonderful sig!

Yuki-Onna
God of War

6:25 AM - Nov 11, 2016 #3

I think Donald Trump should literally make a new cabinet position called "State Jester" and appoint Chris Christie to the role.

The rest of the Presidency, Chris Christie can follow Trump around while Trump makes fat jokes at his expense.

Let's make Ben Carson in charge of helping alleviate America's sleeping problems.

bluefiend
Han's Unifier

6:39 AM - Nov 11, 2016 #4

Rance wrote:I think Donald Trump should literally make a new cabinet position called "State Jester" and appoint Chris Christie to the role.

The rest of the Presidency, Chris Christie can follow Trump around while Trump makes fat jokes at his expense.

Let's make Ben Carson in charge of helping alleviate America's sleeping problems.
How would you feel about ben carson heading education instead?

Buzzfeed's got a hold of trumps list of potential cabinet members right here.

Yuki-Onna
God of War

6:51 AM - Nov 11, 2016 #5

The pyramids really stored grain guyszZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Uesugi Kenshin
Emperor's Retainer

7:01 AM - Nov 11, 2016 #6

Here's a post I came across that may be calming for people, like myself, who are terrified by Trump's presidency and the resultant seeming spike in hatefulness...
wrote:The data is out now and I know you’ve seen it.

46% of eligible voters did not vote.
25.6 voted Clinton.
25.5 voted Trump.

Enough people will be talking about the low turnout as a bad thing (and it’s absolutely disgusting for many reasons) but I want to point out what a good thing it is in one specific way. So, so many people are utterly shattered that “half the country hates them.” Some people are literally killing themselves over that belief.

No. This is proof it does not.

Only a quarter of the country voted for Trump. On its own, that’s enough to drop the fear by half. Then Remember, over 2/3 of Trump’s supporters WHO ACTUALLY SHOWED UP TO VOTE FOR HIM said they do not like or agree with him, they just hate the system/Hillary more and want to drop him on it like a nuke.

Half the country does not actively hate you.

Approximately 8% does.

That’s 8% too many, that’s a loud and powerful 8% surrounded by a fuckton of apathy, and yes, apathy in the presence of hate is a form of oppression. Yes, that apathy is a terrible thing, and yes, we need to fight it. Yes, the person who sees someone trying to kill or harm you and shrugs their shoulders is morally indicted almost as harshly.

But goddamn is there a difference between “half this country violently, actively hates me” and “about 8%.”
Source: http://andythanfiction.tumblr.com/post/ ... ve-seen-it

Obviously polls have a margin of error as not EVERYONE takes them. But overall, this has had a calming effect on me.

That said, I did post about first hand accounts of harassment by Trump supporters or people who think their hatred will benefit from Trump's election. So it's obvious this 8% is very loud and potentially violent, and now emboldened by Trump who they believe is 100% on their side, and as a consequence, the government as a whole. So, if you are in a marginalized group, do be careful and stay safe.

Also know- we can get through this. We just need to stay strong and band together. Know that you are important, and that you are loved.

Also the idea of Ben Carson being Secretary of Education is horrifying. Not in the same panicky "we're all gonna die!!!" way I was a few days ago with Trump... but just the idea of a guy who clearly doesn't know **** about anything but medicine (dude thinks the pyramids were built to store grain and that the Bible is indisputable fact) being in charge of education is pretty........ ehhhhhhh. If he is Trump's choice, it'll become clear how much of an imbecile Trump is, and I feel so sorry for the kids of the next 4~8 years.
[+] Spoiler

(Thanks Bell, Kat!)
Sig art by Crush-Zombie! Commissioned by me!

MeowMeow
Emperor's Retainer
MeowMeow
Emperor's Retainer

7:34 AM - Nov 11, 2016 #7

@ Mew

How the hell does Carson know so much about medicine (he clearly does... I hope, seeing as he's a successful surgeon and all) and NOT know ANYTHING even BASIC about anything else? ZzzzzzzzZZZZZ

:hehe:

I'm far less threatened by Carson than Trump at this point. Carson's just a joke, honestly :lol:
:OMG:

I totally forgot :XD

What happens to Trump properties?! :XD

He still has a lot of them! LOL! :XD
Thanks to Rosaceae for this wonderful sig!

Fūma
God of War

9:16 AM - Nov 11, 2016 #8

Is this legit?

Kuroda Kanbei
Emperor's Retainer
Kuroda Kanbei
Emperor's Retainer

9:23 AM - Nov 11, 2016 #9

Fuuma wrote:Is this legit?

That image came up during a Dutch talk show on the day of Trumps election. It turned out not to be legit.

~Spirited Bellflower~
Emperor's Retainer

9:40 PM - Nov 11, 2016 #10

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/11/trump-wi ... -says.html

Looks like Trump is already sort of starting to fall into line. Apparently he just stated that he's considering keeping some aspects of Obamacare that work, such as provisions allowing parents to keep their older children on their insurance and prohibiting insurers from denying coverage for pre-existing conditions. There may be other things about it that he's keeping, and he's said the main reason why is due to his meeting with Obama yesterday and the alleged newfound respect he has for him, but honestly this seems like exactly what Clinton was talking about doing. I also checked his website earlier along with the issues he plans to work on in his first 100 days, and saw that while he does intend to deport the approximately 2 million illegal criminal immigrants in the country, that isn't exactly the same as deporting all 11 million undocumented immigrants, which is what he was saying throughout the entire campaign up until this point.

It isn't much, but for someone trying to be hopeful about a Trump presidency, this is pretty encouraging considering it's only been two days. I can only hope that all it'll take is more sweet-talk and cajoling to get him to rescind his policies on climate change, building a wall and expecting Mexico to pay for it, etc.
[+] Spoiler
Thank you to my Secret Santa for the gorgeous set! :santa:
Regional Banners made by Kat!