January 10th, 2007, 6:59 am #1

Which do you like the best?

Total votes: 98
13(13%)
13(13%)
34(35%)
6(6%)
32(33%)

The above are the 5 Tigers of Shu. Each of them are distinguished in their own way. Guan Yu, the 'god of war,' with the beautiful beard was able to amass a gigantic kill count from duels. Zhang Fei was a fantastic warrior in his own right, who could even best officers that Guan Yu struggled with (i.e. Ji Ling). Zhao Yun had great potential and was a decent general and strategist in his own right; his greatest feats were rescuing Liu Shan at Changban and tricking the Wei army with an empty city ploy. Huang Zhong, an old veteran, was able to fight hard even in his own age, though an arrow wound received during Liu Bei's campaign against Wu put him out of commission. Last but not least was Ma Chao, who nearly killed Cao Cao at Tong Gate and demonstrated himself to be a fantastic warrior before and during his service to Shu.

Which is the best? Which is your favorite? I'd say that the best was Zhao Yun, though Ma Chao is my personal favorite in the novel.

Will
Han's Unifier
Will
Han's Unifier

January 10th, 2007, 1:30 pm #2

I don't know I like them all expect for Huang zhong. Going by game Guan Yu, Going by novel it is Zhao Yun! Smart, Calm and Strong

The Dragon
Elite Soldier
The Dragon
Elite Soldier

January 10th, 2007, 2:33 pm #3

I have to go with Zhao Yun on this one. In the novel he was always as the above poster mentioned so calm and fast witted. I remember when Zhao Yun passed away, the mourning Shu gave to him was superb.

I believe the others had their faults:

Guan Yu: pride
Zhang Fei: weak-minded (wine)
Ma Chao: brash
Huang Zhong: pride as well

LoW
Emperor's Retainer
LoW
Emperor's Retainer

January 10th, 2007, 9:41 pm #4

Zhang Fei. Even though novel descripes him as dumb drunk, he had great accomplishements like guarding the rear flank at Chang Ban, capturing Mt. Tien with Wei Yan and later he managed to capture Yan Yan when Liu Bei invaded Cheng Du.

Artemis
Artemis

January 11th, 2007, 12:32 am #5

I feel that Zhang Fei's greatest accomplishments, in the book, where as follows-

-Holding back Cao Cao's army at Changban Bridge
-Capturing Yan Yan
-Helping in the invasion of Hanzhong

His capture of Yan Yan and feats in the conquest of Hanzhong showed that he had gotten stronger, mentally at least, with age. Over time it seems that he had begun to stop being abrasive and start thinking wisely about how best to subdue his lord's enemies.

Will
Han's Unifier
Will
Han's Unifier

January 11th, 2007, 2:44 am #6

Beating the famous Zhang He that scared zhuge liang is a amazing feat

Artemis
Artemis

January 11th, 2007, 5:38 am #7

Yeah, I think that was during the Hanzhong Campaign, though my memory of that is a little shallow. :D

Flying General
First Lieutenant
Flying General
First Lieutenant

January 26th, 2007, 5:18 pm #8

zhao yun for saving lord chan in the battle of chang ban.

hes calmess and courages movements in the novel outstands everyone else

Alfie
Left General
Alfie
Left General

February 14th, 2007, 12:28 pm #9

[quote=Wox L] Zhang Fei. Even though novel descripes him as dumb drunk, he had great accomplishements like guarding the rear flank at Chang Ban, capturing Mt. Tien with Wei Yan and later he managed to capture Yan Yan when Liu Bei invaded Cheng Du. [/quote]
Agreed.

Mingchan
General

March 13th, 2007, 1:28 am #10

Much as I admire Guan Yu, who is my most favourite Shu male general, sad to say he's not the best. I think Zhao Yun is the best.