Moderator: scholar

Sima Shi

Zantam03
Elite Soldier
Zantam03
Elite Soldier

April 22nd, 2017, 9:10 pm #1

Hello everyone,

Just wanna say that I've uploaded another translation. This time of Sima Shi's biography (annals) in the History of Jin.

Please click here if you wanna read the translation.

And if you wanna check out the original Chinese version, please click here.

Thought it would be nice to do a translation of him, because I hadn't found one online yet and overall there are not many translations of biographies of the History of Jin book.

Sima Shi, as you all probably already know, is the son of Sima Yi and uncle of the founder of the Jin dynasty; Sima Yan. He played a role in paving the way for the founding of Jin and also fought in the battle at Hefei.

I think Sima Shi was one of the nice additions in the Jin roster when Jin was first introduced in DW7. What do you all think of him?

more translations: http://threekingdoms.wikia.com/wiki/Cat ... anslations

Zantam03
Elite Soldier
Zantam03
Elite Soldier

April 27th, 2017, 11:18 am #2

not too many people interested in Sima Shi it seems :-(

scholar
Right General
scholar
Right General

April 30th, 2017, 11:26 am #3

Zantam03 wrote:not too many people interested in Sima Shi it seems :-(
I'm always interested in one of your translations, its just a little quiet on this front.

Yuki-Onna
God of War

April 30th, 2017, 11:30 am #4

I'm interested as well. I tend to just read these when I have time and not comment though. I have zero knowledge of classical Mandarin so there isn't much I can say.
Thanks for the sig Hazarapatish

Xu Yuan
Han's Unifier
Xu Yuan
Han's Unifier

May 1st, 2017, 8:20 pm #5

That is an odd story, it completely glanced over Sima Shi's purging of Cao Loyalists only mentioning it in passing.

Also this is the first I've heard of Cao Fang being a sexual deviant. Is there any truth to these accusations, or were they propaganda?
If you're looking for some Romance of the Three Kingdoms Roleplay, the classic SimRTK is running a test scenario, why not give it a look over? It is in the Simzhou forum branch.

http://simrtk.net/index.php

Zantam03
Elite Soldier
Zantam03
Elite Soldier

May 6th, 2017, 10:40 am #6

Xu Yuan wrote:That is an odd story, it completely glanced over Sima Shi's purging of Cao Loyalists only mentioning it in passing.

Also this is the first I've heard of Cao Fang being a sexual deviant. Is there any truth to these accusations, or were they propaganda?
Maybe there is more to it in the biographies of the loyalists? Not so long ago I uploaded the biography of Lu Zhi, but there was only very little mention of his role in the eunuch massacre (saving Xian and Shao). The eunuch massacre was explained in more detail in He Jin's biography and it also tells of Lu Zhi's chasing of the eunuchs and saving Xian and Shao there.

Never heard of that about Cao Fang too. It's what I like about these translation.. usually you find some new tidbits of info. Perhaps it is propaganda/slander or maybe an exaggeration. There's probably some truth in it. Cao Fang's bio may have the answers.
scholar wrote:I'm always interested in one of your translations, its just a little quiet on this front.
King of Jordan wrote:I'm interested as well. I tend to just read these when I have time and not comment though. I have zero knowledge of classical Mandarin so there isn't much I can say.
Well, thanks. It's just that when nobody replies I don't know if people are interested. Nobody replied to Lu Zhi's topic as well, so I thought these translations may be losing interest on here. I thought Sima Shi would generate some interest... he's playable in DW (unlike the people in the other translations) and one of the few playable DW characters whose biography hadn't been translated yet on Kongming or any other site afaik.

So, glad to see there is still interest :)