May 19th, 2015, 5:34 am #1

三國志13
Sangokushi 13
aka. Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII

Platforms: PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3
Release Date: 10 December 2015 (JP)
Official Site: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/sangokushi13/

http://www.4gamer.net/games/302/G030242/20150519026/

Producer for this game will be Mr. Akihiro Suzuki of DW series fame.

Previous pre-announcement thread was here: http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/7240276/
Official site is here: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/sangokushi13/
Let's see the details...
Human Drama: It will feature Officer POVs, and builds drama by raising bonds with other characters
Spectacle: Epicly drawn battle scenes
Dynamism: Maps of both whole China and each city insides are contained in a single huge 3D map

....wait a minute... Officer Play...? as in like VII, VIII & X??

Alright, this is it, this is the ROTK game I've been waiting for. Will do my best to hype this hard :woot:

Yuki-Onna
God of War

May 19th, 2015, 6:25 am #2

I like the ROTKs that allow you to play as officers a lot better. I admit that it's not the classical style of ROTK, but I feel like it's the best innovation the series ever made. ROTK VIII is my favorite of the ROTK games personally.

I'm hoping that this game somehow follows what they're doing now with Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence. I would love to see this on PC in English and with modding tools for people to create scenarios, characters, conversion mods, etc. That would be a wet dream for me.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about this. I heard ROTK XII was kind of a disaster, which makes me slightly wary. On the other hand, I'm always entertained by ROTK portraits and by any of the English games in the series they've released.

Edit-WOAH, Liu Bei and Sun Quan look way different this time around.
Thanks for the sig Hazarapatish

BlackKite
Supreme Warrior-Scholar

May 19th, 2015, 6:29 am #3

http://mantan-web.jp/2015/05/19/2015051 ... 0000c.html

A couple more details I could get here
- XII mostly focused on field battles, but XIII will also make depictions of naval battles and siege battles more epic.
- Certain famous characters will have different portraits shown depending when they are governing cities or fighting battles.
(Which probably is why Sun Quan here is shown with a more general-like portrait, but he should have his usual ruler-like portrait too.)

Yuki-Onna
God of War

May 19th, 2015, 6:37 am #4

wrote:- Certain famous characters will have different portraits shown depending when they are governing cities or fighting battles.
That's super cool! I love it. That explains why Liu Bei and Sun Quan have such different designs this time around.

I'm guessing that all the usual suspects will be getting this treatment. People like Zhou Yu, Lu Xun, Sun Quan, Liu Bei, Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Zhuge Liang, Zhao Yun, Cao Cao, Xiahou Dun, Zhang Liao, Lü Bu, etc. are probably prime candidates.

It would be funny to see Lü Bu with a disinterested, robed politician portrait.
Thanks for the sig Hazarapatish

SazukeEX
Han's Unifier

May 19th, 2015, 6:49 am #5

Glad that the series isn't dead though they'll need to do something if they want it to garner great attention as strategy is a hard sell.
[+] Spoiler
Shu: Huang Hao, Liao Hua, Ma Su, Ma Yunlu, Wang Ping, Zhang Yi, Zhuge Zhan
Wei: Bian Shi, Cao Rui, Cao Zhang, Cao Zhi, Hao Zhao, Jia Kui, Zang Ba
Wu: Lu Kang, Shen Ying, Sun Hao, Sun Luban, Sun Luyu, Sun Shi, Wu Guotai, Zhang Ti, Zhang Zhao, Zhuge Ke
Sima-Wei/Jin: Chen Shou, Chen Tai, Du Yu, Luo Xian, Sima Yan, Yang Hu, Yang Huiyu, Zhuge Jing
Other: Gao Shun, Hua Xiong, Li Ru, Ji Ling, Ma Teng, Wen Chou, Yan Liang, Yuan Shu
[+] Spoiler
Chosokabe Morichika, Kobayakawa Hideaki , Hideie Ukita, Hideyori Toyotomi, Kasuya Takenori, Kagetora Uesugi, Kazumasu Takigawa, Kennyo Honganji, Kimura Shigenari, Inawashiro Morikuni, Matabei Goto, Matsu, Megohime, Mochizuki Chiyome, Nabeshima Naoshige, Nagahide Niwa, Naotaka Ii, Oda Nobukatsu, Oda Nobutaka, Okatsu, Oniniwa Tsunamoto, Ono Shigeyuki, Shigezane Date, Tadaoki Hosokawa, Tadatsugu Sakai, Torii Mototada, Yasumasa Sakakibara, Yoshiaki Mogami, Yoshihime, Yoshinobu Satake, Yufu Korenobu
[+] Spoiler
Alvida, Arlong, Bartolomeo, Baby 5, Bon Clay, Cavendish, Coby (Post), Eustass Kid (Pre/Post), Koala, Marguerite, Monet, Monkey D. Dragon, Sengoku (Pre/Post), Silvers Rayleigh, Vergo, Vivi (Pre/Post), X Drake (Pre/Post)

cbaabc
Commander

May 19th, 2015, 7:00 am #6

I had so much fun with RotK X so I'm really glad they got back to officers POV. So, everyone should buy the western release of NA Sphere of Influence to raise chances they localize this too.

Aryamehr
Emperor's Retainer
Aryamehr
Emperor's Retainer

May 19th, 2015, 7:12 am #7

Yay, Sounds interesting! Can't wait to play it.
[+] Spoiler
:heart: Amazing sig made by Bellflower :heart:
:heart: Family :heart:
Thanks to Nida for making this awesome thumbnail!

AntonKutovoi
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
AntonKutovoi
Supreme Warrior-Scholar

May 19th, 2015, 8:27 am #8

Cao Cao

Liu Bei

Sun Quan

Thanks for the signature, A?i Dahāka!

"Zu jeder Zeit, an jedem Ort, bleibt das Tun der Menschen das gleiche - In every time, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same"

My youtube channel

Check out Warriors series character songs!

Roles compilations of Japanese voice actors in the Warriors series

Zai Tong
Han's Unifier

May 19th, 2015, 9:26 am #9

Liu bei looks like zhang Liao/ Lu meng and the annoying sun quan looks like Lu Dai form Rotk X which is he last one I played

Cao cao looks like cao cao
And who are you, the proud lord said,
that I must bow so low?

Only a cat of a different coat,
that's all the truth I know.

TheChapInYourHouse
First Lieutenant

May 19th, 2015, 9:41 am #10

The return of officer POV :) No more details are shown on officer's personal stats but I hope there would be lots of officer development.

This has to be the most militarized Liu Bei portrait :) His helmet looks cool. On the other hand, that means people like Zhao Yun will take off his helmet to show his pretty boy face :P

On the official page, the pictures under Spectacle section look pretty hectic. It looks like Yuan Shao's city is taking heavy damage from Cao Cao's catapults, and then Yuan Shao is sending another unit to rush Cao Cao's city (Battle of Guan Du?) Fire's everywhere so I assume fire is pretty important :) I am hoping some naval warfare screenshot but whatever.

In the Dynamism section one pic shows the 3d map and the other shows city details. It looks like there will be skirmishes on the 3D worldmap like XI. The city screenshot has an interesting stat called culture (The one with 2184. Is this a totally new city stat?)

ROTK 13 looks very big, complete, and serious so I will expect localization on this :)

edit: Take back what I said on skirmishes on 3d worldmap like XI. At the moment I think it is more like Nobu 14