Moderator: scholar

Other Han/TK period novels

Xiaoqiaorocks
Elite Soldier

November 8th, 2012, 2:47 pm #1

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I just figured that people who frequent this part of the board might know.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any other novels that were set during the late Han/Three Kingdoms period. I've been trying to find some, but only ROTK comes up.

Kiheiji
Commander

November 9th, 2012, 1:08 pm #2

Can't think of any that's available in English.

yevon
Soldier

March 17th, 2015, 1:38 pm #3

The Ravages of Time

although it is manhua more than novel, but I believe you can find its in English verison.

Have very many novel/comic/film about Three Kingdom era, the only trouble is don't have many of them be translated to English.

Zantam03
Elite Soldier
Zantam03
Elite Soldier

November 16th, 2016, 7:35 pm #4

Hua Guan Suo zhuan "The Story of Hua Guan Suo" is a fictitious tale about Guan Suo, the son of Guan Yu. Available in English

Sanguo zhi pinghua "Records of the Three Kingdoms in Plain Language" is regarded as the predecessor of Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Many of Romance's fictitious stories and characters find their origin in this book. Early verions of this book were called Sanfen shilüe ("A Brief Account of the Tripartation"). Available in English.

Fan Sanguo yanyi "Romance of the Three Kingdoms Countered" is a fictitious story famous for introducing Ma Yunlu, a fictitious sister of Ma Chao. Unfortunately not available in English.