One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (Kaizoku Musou 3)

cbaabc
Commander

August 28th, 2014, 12:39 pm #1

BlackKite
Supreme Warrior-Scholar

August 28th, 2014, 12:50 pm #2

Oh wow, Shanks confirmed, w00t :woot:

Too bad I'll never be able to keep up with Jump leaks... so maybe I'll leave the info management here to someone else again.. >.<

Deleted User
Deleted User

August 28th, 2014, 1:03 pm #3

BlackKite wrote:Too bad I'll never be able to keep up with Jump leaks... so maybe I'll leave the info management here to someone else again.. >.<
I'll do it! :listen:

Mere days after the release of Hyrule Warriors, Koei Tecmo are and Bandai Namco have announced the next Warriors spin-off. Bandai Namco have revealed One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 for release in Japan. The game is in development for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and Vita. Pirate Warriors 3 will be at the Tokyo Game Show, which runs from September 18 – 21st.

Shanks's a great choice! Now, is Vivi finally going to be added? :link:

Mr. Crusader
Tiger General

August 28th, 2014, 1:30 pm #4

Again, not sure how I should feel about this after the disappointment that was Episode 404.
Currently: Working on SW4 Rare Weapon Guide
Fanbars made by myself and Astral. RB, siggys and avas in rotation all by me

|KW Family||Galleria|
[+] Spoiler

US:

JP:

BlackKite
Supreme Warrior-Scholar

August 28th, 2014, 1:39 pm #5

Gaïania wrote:I'll do it! :listen:
Alright thanks, just confirmed the info thread. Pinned it along with this main topic ^_^

AntonKutovoi
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
AntonKutovoi
Supreme Warrior-Scholar

August 28th, 2014, 1:45 pm #6

Hope it won't be like Pirate Warriors 2 story-wise. The mess they've done there was godawful.

Judging by the scan, I guess Fujitora will appear as well.

Thanks for the signature, A?i Dah&#257;ka!

"Zu jeder Zeit, an jedem Ort, bleibt das Tun der Menschen das gleiche - In every time, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same"

My youtube channel

Check out Warriors series character songs!

Roles compilations of Japanese voice actors in the Warriors series

cbaabc
Commander

August 28th, 2014, 1:49 pm #7

Screenshots indicate some story elements but the second had them too. Though those were more losely based on specific events (skypia, thriller bark).

More speculation:
Seeing luffy in bandages (wasn't that before the timeskip) and small luffy I guess they could even go full circle and retell the whole story (Fist of the north star 2 like) with expanded events.

Also I guess sabo is highly likely seeing the three sake cups?

BlackKite
Supreme Warrior-Scholar

August 28th, 2014, 1:53 pm #8

OPの物語を追体験
Hmm, when they use 物語を追体験 = Vicarious Experience to storyline, usually that'll mean re-enacting the manga/anime storyline. So most likely they'll have an official story mode again here?
Barely any confirmation yet though, so take this with grains of salt

RPGNoZero
Right General
RPGNoZero
Right General

August 28th, 2014, 2:23 pm #9

Knowing Koei and seeing those screenshoot, they will probably still half-assing many things like how PW1 being only focused on Marineford and then skipping so many things like Kuro, Smoker, many Boroque works, Enel, and Moria.

This one will add mostly from Dressrosa, an arc that isn't even finished yet while ignoring many things. Back in PW2, they add Punk Hazard, and yet no punk hazard characters appear in the game outside of Law. Pretty obvious they add it just because it was the latest ongoing arc back then. C'mon. Charm of One Piece is the full adventure, it's just feel bleh to skip so many things just because they want to focus on the most popular / newest things.

I'm just hoping they won't add Sabo yet since we haven't seen many feat from him outside his "dragon claw". At worst, he will ended up as Ace's clone with a bit physical attack. Just like Timeskip strawhats in PW2 being barely any different from their pre-timeskip version because they haven't show enough feat yet to base their moveset from.

I mean, i like the games. But it seems they are focusing more on fanservice first rather than making actual complete One Piece game.

Deleted User
Deleted User

August 28th, 2014, 2:33 pm #10

Didn't they created some moves for Monkey D. Garp in the second game? If so, I can see them doing the same for Sabo if he's added. Same can be said for Fujitora as well, especially since he seems to have a panel of different attacks in Unlimited World Red.

I'd love to see these outfits that were made for the series' 15th Anniversary.