JMSA
Emperor's Retainer

11:52 AM - Oct 04, 2018 #911

Sorry, it's a tapatalk thing :D If you have any questions let me know, Portuguese is my native language so it's pretty easy to me. I'm wondering why are you learning BR Portuguese instead of PT Portuguese. BR Portuguese might be a little harder considering the over use of gerund and... you're not learning the original :P

I shall!

Nobunaga -1194
Commander

7:38 AM - Oct 05, 2018 #912

I am about to finish my final campaign, I will play this game a lot less after this. Overall, I really enjoyed playing this game. It sucks that this game didn't get the attention I was hoping for. I am at least glad that most people who bought the English version did enjoy it. I understand some people didn't like the game, but I don't think people who gave it a bad review really think that this game is so bad compared to SOI for example. Can't wait for WPK version releasing in English.

Saint of Schemes
Tiger General

2:28 PM - Oct 05, 2018 #913

Nobunaga -1194 wrote: I am at least glad that most people who bought the English version did enjoy it. I understand some people didn't like the game, but I don't think people who gave it a bad review really think that this game is so bad compared to SOI for example. Can't wait for WPK version releasing in English.
I wouldn't say 'most people' given that Taishi has a 35% rating on steam, and this is even after the English port pushed the ratings up to that from 17-18%. A large number of positive reviews also are praising the game for what it could be or saying to wait for the PUK, and I gave it a negative review entirely based off how it compares to SoI.

Nobunaga -1194
Commander

3:12 PM - Oct 05, 2018 #914

Saint of Schemes wrote:
Nobunaga -1194 wrote: I am at least glad that most people who bought the English version did enjoy it. I understand some people didn't like the game, but I don't think people who gave it a bad review really think that this game is so bad compared to SOI for example. Can't wait for WPK version releasing in English.
I wouldn't say 'most people' given that Taishi has a 35% rating on steam, and this is even after the English port pushed the ratings up to that from 17-18%. A large number of positive reviews also are praising the game for what it could be or saying to wait for the PUK, and I gave it a negative review entirely based off how it compares to SoI.
Well based on reviews after the English release, the majority of people gave it a positive review. Also, do you think the game is "so bad" compared to SoI? 

Saint of Schemes
Tiger General

11:36 PM - Oct 05, 2018 #915

Nobunaga -1194 wrote:
Saint of Schemes wrote:
Well based on reviews after the English release, the majority of people gave it a positive review. Also, do you think the game is "so bad" compared to SoI? 
As mentioned, a lot of the positive reviews are just praising the game for what it might be and advising people to wait for the PUK. Also, if you take a look at the review history of it on steam, it's not a majority of English buyers giving it a positive review either: there's a consistent negative > positive trend in reviews.

Yes, I do: www.tapatalk.com/groups/koeiwarriors/no ... 1.html#new

Nobunaga -1194
Commander

11:57 PM - Oct 05, 2018 #916

Well, I haven't bothered to read all reviews, but why would they recommend it and give it positive reviews in the first place? 

About your review, I have already read it and I agree with you on most of it, but just like SoI, Taishi has some flaws. Also based on your review, I don't get the impression that Taishi is "so bad" compared to SoI. 

Saint of Schemes
Tiger General

3:12 AM - Oct 06, 2018 #917

Nobunaga -1194 wrote: Well, I haven't bothered to read all reviews, but why would they recommend it and give it positive reviews in the first place? 

About your review, I have already read it and I agree with you on most of it, but just like SoI, Taishi has some flaws. Also based on your review, I don't get the impression that Taishi is "so bad" compared to SoI. 
Because it's a way of showing Koei support and that they still have hope in the game even if they don't like it as of yet - combine that with the fact that steam only has positive and negative as a review option, it's safer to encourage development by giving it a positive rating (also to reflect the fact that the game has improved since launch and that most negative reviews were from the Japanese launch and have not been updated). I personally think it's a bit misleading, but I can understand and even empathize with the reason.

Now, I don't know exactly what you have in mind with "so bad", but I do consider half of Taishi to be botched, the other half mostly unrecognized, and only worth half the price it's currently asking for, so I would certainly say it's bad compared to SoI.

Nobunaga -1194
Commander

3:22 AM - Oct 06, 2018 #918

Ok, this conversation was meaningless, I guess. I do believe the game has some flaws, but overall I enjoyed it. I honestly prefer Taishi over SoI, but people came up to me and asked me for advice about whether they should buy SoI or Taishi, I told them to buy SoI. I think SoI is more complete, has a lot more content and I think the majority of people would love SoI over Taishi. 

Saint of Schemes
Tiger General

4:56 PM - Oct 07, 2018 #919

Small update, new portraits: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/taishi/wpk/gallery2.html

If I had to guess, peacetime Yoshimoto, old Muneshige and Ujinao Hojo.

7:36 AM - Oct 09, 2018 #920

Saint of Schemes wrote: Small update, new portraits: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/taishi/wpk/gallery2.html

If I had to guess, peacetime Yoshimoto, old Muneshige and Ujinao Hojo.
I'm curious what Taishi With PuK's going to look like...

Judging by the expansion on castle and diplomatic aspects, could be very fun. I'm worried about the transition to real-time combat since the enemy A.I. was probably very much helped by the game being turn-based.