Moderator: SRS

Nioh 2

NINJA Toad
Left General

June 12th, 2018, 2:05 am #1

Just got revealed at e3.
Giant Toad. Pronounced "Giant Toad." 🤯

"The Giant Toad is, as its name implies, a yokai in the form of an enormous toad."

Fūma
God of War

June 12th, 2018, 5:14 am #2

I was just about to make this topic too :lol:

This is so incredible. Amazing E3! First Crash gets brand new DLC level, From Software's new game looks amazing, a trailer of TLOU2, also Ghost of Tsushima & Spider-Man both look absolutely stunning and now this! What a time to be a gamer lol

Trailer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2WnsyLv5Bo

And people said Nioh 2 wouldn't happen anytime soon :hehe:

Artorias
Emperor's Retainer
Artorias
Emperor's Retainer

June 12th, 2018, 6:54 am #3

Here's official Trailer by Koei Tecmo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mWCJeP ... e=youtu.be
Goodbye to this forum, We'll meet again!

LordTerrantos
Emperor's Retainer
LordTerrantos
Emperor's Retainer

June 12th, 2018, 7:22 am #4

Now the better question is. when is this taking place? i am going to guess during Nobunaga/Hideyoshi's timelines. given amirita seems to form the best during chaos and war. but i guess we wont know any information anytime soon on that
Warriors Orochi 4

[+] Spoiler

Greek: Hades, Poseidon, Hermes, Apollo, Artemis, Hera, Aphrodite, Hercules, Dionysus, Atalanta, and Thanatos

Norse: Loki, Thor, Tyr, Heimdall, Ullr, Sif, Freyja, Sigurd, Fafnir, Hel, and Baldr

NINJA Toad
Left General

June 12th, 2018, 8:21 am #5

Fūma wrote:I was just about to make this topic too :lol:

This is so incredible. Amazing E3! First Crash gets brand new DLC level, From Software's new game looks amazing, a trailer of TLOU2, also Ghost of Tsushima & Spider-Man both look absolutely stunning and now this! What a time to be a gamer loly

Trailer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2WnsyLv5Bo

And people said Nioh 2 wouldn't happen anytime soon :hehe:
Been thinking about this pretty much hhaah!

Nioh2, Ghost of Tsushima, Sekiro, RDR2, Hitman2, TLOU 2 (getting hyped again), Death Stranding (wtf?!? but looks so interesting), all Yakuzas coming to PS4, Crash DLC, New Tomb Raider.. and maybe I might get Spyro too.

My head just spins from all this lol.

Let the good times roll... ?? :lol:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lB_OdxptWxE

I don’t know what time period I’d want fpr Nioh 2, I’d be interested in Nobunaga era, Heian/Genpei war era and Edo too.
Then there’s this!

Nioh 2 will be shown on Playstation conference

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/ ... 8178591744
Giant Toad. Pronounced "Giant Toad." 🤯

"The Giant Toad is, as its name implies, a yokai in the form of an enormous toad."

MĀJĒD
General

June 12th, 2018, 8:46 am #6

Too early IMO. I hope there are more changes other than new weapon, enemies and levels.

Fūma
God of War

June 12th, 2018, 9:17 am #7

^ How is it "too early"? This is just an announcement. I mean, they only finished Nioh 1 around Q3 2017 so they've probably not made much progress yet. It could be a 2020 release which makes it three years apart from the first game... pretty standard interval for a sequel these days.

I really do hope story-wise it's a prequel and we get to see the likes of Nobunaga or Hideyoshi during their conquests.

For gameplay, I have 3 improvement proposals:
- Less loot and better equipment management akin to Soulsborne
- More variety in enemies in terms of numbers and in terms of size
- A village of some sort which acts as your home where you can talk to people and visit places like the shop, blacksmith, storehouse, hidden teahouse etc. Basically converting those from a menu to a mini-hub.

I also hope they stick to the mission-based system and don't make it open world... I much prefer that format.

KellyYu
Officer

June 12th, 2018, 9:30 am #8

I'm intrigued by the trailer, does that mean that the protagonist is not William anymore but this guy who become a Oni or it's a futur boss or just a random guy that we will don't meet just for the cinematic.

It will be cool if we play as Oni with new weakness and strenght (maybe we can transform as several yokai like we choose weapon and ninjutsu/omnyo magic) but i hope that they will keep a good balance in the difficulty if this come true.

I don't care about the period, even if i would like to play as Yasuke and follow his journey to become the loyal follower of Nobunaga, if Nioh2 suggest a new period before or after Sengoku area i won't complain.

Fūma
God of War

June 12th, 2018, 9:39 am #9

If it's a prequel then William most definitely won't be the playable character. He only arrived at Japan shortly before the Sekigahara campaign as we saw in Nioh as well.

Perhaps transforming into an oni replaces the living weapon system? Or it could be an alternate transformation mode or something.

Shogun
Han's Unifier
Shogun
Han's Unifier

June 12th, 2018, 11:00 am #10

I still love the concept of Nioh even after the amazing samurai games they've shown at E3. Sekiro seems to be the slicker (and creepier) game overall but Nioh is much more colorful in design and the historical figures make it a unique experience. Yokai look like they're out of a painting. Hopefully, Nioh 2 won't be a lootfest.

I'm glad it's still going.