Moderator: TrasH

Qing Long
Commander

12:41 AM - Jan 27, 2009 #161

The 2 last movie I watched are Underworld & Underworld II :

I liked watch the 2 movies, maybe number one better. The scenario is fantastic & original Vampire VS Wolf/Human ^^ even if a bit hard to follow sometimes. Action scenes are also great ^_^ but there's not a lot fun in this movie. It's an Action movie genre. (Style reminds a bit of Matrix Style)

Well, I'm not good for rating, I'll give 8/10 for both ^^
☆ o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-|

Sorry for my poor English (English isn't my first language),
please, forgive my mistakes, thank you ~

Family o Gallery o KW Addict o KW France o LJ o SOTW #43 o WO Avatar

Jasonic
Supreme Warrior-Scholar

1:38 AM - Jan 27, 2009 #162

[b]Revolutionary Road[/b]

Arg, I honestly dont know why anyone would go see this movie. I only did to see why this was supposively so good and my friend is in love with Leo Dicaprio, thats the only reason she had interest to see it :P Despite this being a wonderfully acted movie, the whole movie in general is just miserable. I dont take joy out of going to the Cinemas to see a movie about a suburban couple to see into their personal lives to see why they are miserable and have crazy fights, just for it to end basically like that in the end. Trust me, a movie about miserable people is going to make you feel miserable for the rest of the day. The only good part of this movie is the times when John(a mentally disturbed, yet smart individual) visits them and does anything and everything to make them mad.
Not many people go see a movie for just good acting, so if you are not one of them aswell, then save yourself from feeling miserable and dont see this movie.

3/10

Shogun
Han's Unifier
Shogun
Han's Unifier

6:51 PM - Jan 29, 2009 #163

[b]Slumdog Millionaire[/b], unable to post a review for this, but its Academy Award nomination is definitely well-deserved and I would not be surprised if it turns out to be the winner, as I absolutely enjoyed this movie from start to finish.

[b]9.5/10[/b]

SnowMan
Emperor's Retainer

10:17 PM - Jan 30, 2009 #164

[quote=Sonic][b]Kung Pow: Enter the Fist[/b]

This has to be the stupidest movie ive ever seen, but in a good way :XD . It is definitely one of those so bad its good movies. I agree with Ike, that "Nobody tell mom" is the best line. That entire scene was probably my favorite part in the movie. I have to say, that the effect of him digitally inserting him into the scenes was pretty well done, that it almost looked real, almost ;)

"Wee-Ooh Wee-Ooh wee" :lol:

my enjoyment of the movie = 8/10
from my actual critic standpoint = 2/10

[/quote]Kung Pow! is the greatest movie ever made. Actually, scratch that. Kung Pow! is the greatest piece of footage ever recorded on film. I wouldn't of watched it 57 times if it weren't true.

"My nipples look like milkduds!"

---------------------

Lol, anywho, the last movie I saw was [i]The Dark Knight[/i].

[b]Acting - (Excellent):[/b] At first I thought everyone was saying that Heath Ledger was good in the movie because he died and they were obsessed with the movie. But I must say, Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker is one of the best performances I've ever seen. He's just phenomenal. The rest of the cast was great as well.

[b]Dialogue - (Excellent):[/b] It flowed naturally. Joker was hilarious and he's the reason I give it an "Excellent".

[b]Main Plot - (Excellent):[/b] The mob gets screwed over by Batman so they hire The Joker to get rid of him. Simple enough.

[b]Story Execution - (Excellent):[/b] It was incredible. The way they had Joker making everyone in Gotham fear him was sweet. They took a simple plot and turned it into something amazing.

[b]Likeable Characters - (Yes):[/b] I think everyone did a great job at being likeable. Hell, I even liked Two Face and The Joker even though they were the bad guys.

[b]Ending - (Good):[/b] Harvey dies and they cover up his horrible crimes by saying that Batman was responsible. It's not bad, but I don't see how the next movie would turn out.

I give it a [b]5/5[/b] or a [b]9/10[/b].
"The path of the warrior is not an individual one. He is only one portion of the greater purpose."

"He must conquer his ego. He must have strength. His duty is to guide events towards the stated goal."

[+] Spoiler
[DW3] 99999 MAX, 4th Weapon
[DW4] 99999 MAX, Lvl. 10 Weapon
[DW5] 60000 MAX, 4th Weapon
[DW6] Lvl. 50, Finished Skill Tree
[DW7/XL] Stat MAX (both games), Finished Skill Set, Top Title, Devotion Line
[DW8/XL] Lvl. 105, 5th Weapon, All Ambition Mode Lines Unlocked
[WO1] Lvl. 99, All Abilities, Prof. MAX, 4th Weapon, Personal Item
[WO2] Lvl. 99, All Abilities, 4th Weapon
[WO3/U] Lvl. 100, Prof. S, 4th Weapon, All Special Relationships MAXed
[+] Spoiler
Wei: Cao Hong, Man Chong
Wu: Cheng Pu, Xu Sheng, Wu Guotai
Shu: Liao Hua, Wang Ping, Jian Yong
Jin: Wen Qin, Guanqiu Jian
Other: Yuan Shu, Guo Si, Li Jue, Gao Shun, Dailai Dongzhou, Zhang Bao, Zhang Liang
SW: Matsu Maeda, Saburo Hōjō, Yoshikage Asakura, Ujimasa Hōjō, Ujikuni Hōjō

Jasonic
Supreme Warrior-Scholar

9:05 AM - Jan 31, 2009 #165

[b]Defiance[/b]

I do not know the story of the Bielski brothers or about this direct part of history in general. There are so many true and heroic stories that went on within WW2, and its hard to gain knowledge on them all. I thought this was a very good movie and the best ww2 based movie in at least a couple of years. This wasnt a typical Holocaust movie, this is one shown from a different point of view that is not always seen. This is a great survival story of what started out as 4 brothers hiding in the woods to bringing in hundreds and tons more past the end of the movie. There are some good action scenes and ends with a teary battle at the end. Its got your love stories and your sad moments, and a great story of heroism that doesnt end bad. A good watch that was worth a trip to the theaters.

8.5/10

Deleted User
Deleted User

11:46 AM - Jan 31, 2009 #166

[quote=Sonic][b]Bedtime Stories[/b]

This movie was so-so, the idea was nice and could have been a great movie, but it was poorly written and not well thought out. For the type of movie this was it stays within a good amount of time, but yet the story felt really rushed. The story starts out with how you think this kid is going to be such a great guy, since he is an underdog, and when he grows up he is supposively this all nice guy who does everything for this hotel, but of cource if that was how he was then it wouldnt be an Adam Sandler character. So he just comes off as being a greedy, jealous, obnoxious mr funny pants. Guy Pearce is an actor who I indeed respect, but this movie just made him look kind of like a fool. This movie is fun to watch though and great one for kids and familys to go see, and it definitely had some funny moments.

6.5/10[/quote]Oh, I've seen that movie! I watched it on the 31st of December XD
Yeah...I liked the beginning, and a few parts... XD Overall, it wasn't really bad, just not something I'd really remember for a long time ^^'
Though, when Adam Sandler was driving in his car...-I can't remember when, before the sweets fell out of that truck? - he was listening to "Rock Me Amadeus", by Falco, an Austrian musician, who has already passed away. If he commited suicide or not is still discussed, but it's probable D:
Anyway, that he listened to that song surprised me XD
But THEN I watched the movie about Falco, it's Viennese, and I think "Amadeus" was a Nr.1 hit in the U.S.A. back then :o AS the only German song ever, but I was still surprised to hear it in "Bedtime Stories" XD

The last few movies I watched would be:

- [b]Patch Adams[/b]
A great movie...I don't know why the critics didn't like it D: It is often predictable...but it's the story of a true life, based on an autobiography, so...
Robin Williams is just a great actor!!! Me and my mom like him a lot ^_^
It was just a beautiful movie. A beautiful, true story!!!
I have nothing more to say, I'd just recommend everyone to watch it ^_^

- [b]The Mummy[/b]/[b]The Mummy Returns[/b]
Okay.. XD Well, it's not that bad. It IS gross at times...like, in the first part, when that scarab ate itself under the skin of the one man, the one who was in charge of having Brendan Fraser hanged, and killed him...well, I shut my eyes after I saw it crawling under the skin X_X
And those insects that crawled around in the mummy Imhotep's mouth...well yeah O_O
Oh, I didn't know that Brendan Fraser also acted "George of the Jungle" XD My brother and I watched that movie dozens of times as children :hehe:
The mummy wasn't THAT unrealistic for 1999 XD Rachel Weisz is really beautiful too ^_^ And the story was fast-paced, so I don't think anyone can say they'd be bored, when watching the film, even if they don't like it XD
THE MUMMY RETURNS: Oh, the Scorpion King was that guy from "Get Smart"!!! ^_^ You could obviously see he was computer animated, in the end, when Imhotep and Rick fought him XD But it's also a question of money! It was made in 2001. But you can't compare it with LOTR, I think, as that costed lots of money, I think...(LOTR is so great!!!)
Anack-su-namun, or what her name was...was alive in this part XD And Imhotep came back O_O
When Evelyn, Evy, died, I thought: "Oh, wow, that was unpredictable!", which was quite a pleasant change, as the rest was...well, yeah XD But then she came back to life O_O
Okay...those movies aren't bad...and when I'm at my dad's, we always go to the movie store to borrow movies. After we finished the "Bourne" series, we did watch a few others, but then my dad asked me if we should watch "The Mummy". So next, when he comes back from his 2 week stay in India, we'll watch The Mummy 3 (don't know it's name XD) :hehe:

Manji
Emperor's Retainer

4:10 AM - Feb 01, 2009 #167

[b]Taken[/b]

Highly recommend this film for the James Bond and other action film fans out there. Liam Neeson plays a former spy who's absolutely merciless when it comes to finding his kidnapped daughter in Paris. Some might say it starts out a bit slow, but once he's in Paris on the track of the assailants, it's basically none-stop car chases, gun fights, torturing, and karate chops!
Take it from me, I'm not even the biggest action fan out there, but I really enjoyed this movie.

8/10

:: An homage to the greatest seiyuu ever.

:: Want to view images of Japanese memorials to the likes of Oda Nobunaga, Akechi Mitsuhide, Date Masamune and Takeda Shingen? Check out my album!

Jsun
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
Jsun
Supreme Warrior-Scholar

4:23 AM - Feb 01, 2009 #168

^ Agree :rolleyes:

WALL-E

I really enjoyed watching this movie. It was very different and had a great story.

8.5/10

ChibiGingi
Supreme Warrior-Scholar

6:01 PM - Feb 02, 2009 #169

Saw four movies this weekend, two in the movie theater and two at home.

[b]Taken[/b]

Definitely one of the better action flicks I've seen in a long, long time (I haven't been up to date with the James Bonds movies, sadly) and offered everything a good action flick should have. The plot is basic on paper- former FBI/CIA agent goes on a rampage to find his kidnapped daughter. Of course there's a bit more to the story, but it's easy to follow and easy for viewers to relate to (what good father WOULDN'T tear apart Paris to find his daughter?) Liam Neeson was the combination of Chuck Norris's power, James Bond's desire for action, Maguyver's ability to turn anything useless into something deadly and useful, Solid Snake's sneaking skills, with a father's paternal instincts, all thrown into one single being. The kidnappers chose the WRONG person to snatch, that's for sure. I enjoyed the movie thoroughly and will recommend it to those that enjoy a good action flick with an easy to follow and understand story.

That, and Liam Neeson tears apart the dark under workings of Paris... what's not to love?

My score: 8.9/10

[b]The Uninvited[/b]

DISCLAIMER: A remake of a Korean movie, called [i]Tale of Two Sisters[/i], one that I had the privilege of seeing before going to this movie. I don't want to compare it to the original, so I'll do my best to focus on the differences and unique aspects of [i]The Uninvited[/i] itself.

Anna and Alex suspect that their father's new girlfriend, Rachel Sommers, to be more than she appears, such as the murderer of their sickly mother that she was hired to tend to. Strange events point to Rachel's involvement, such as their mother's ghosts and Anna's boyfriend's claim to have seen the murder take place. Long story short, the two sisters must investigate Rachel's suspicious past and bring her true nature out into the light before she can threaten them or their father. A thriller/horror that, had you gone into it not knowing of the original, would have given you a mildly pleasant surprise, and a twist that, while not as spectacular as the original's, is still enough to trump the latest M. Night Shalamalamadingdong's works. Slow paced, would probably bore the viewer that has no appreciation for horrors that don't involve mindless gore and sex, but just perfect for me. Sexual scenes were there, but were short enough not to bring the quality of the movie down.

My score: 7/10

[b]Get Smart[/b]

A lover of the original series would appreciate the effort put into keeping it as close to the original as possible, while adding a distinct new flare of its own. Newcomers would simply enjoy the antics of Maxwell Smart, played by Steve Carell, who not only looked the part originated by Don Adams but portrayed the role extremely well (in my most honest opinion). I enjoyed the plot, the humor (of course), and the cast involved in the film. If I had any complaints about this film, it was casual nitpicking here and there and perhaps more use of the original gadgets, especially the shoe phone.

My score: 8.8/10

[b]I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry[/b]

I'll be brutally honest- although I am a lover of comedy, I didn't get much jollies out of the overly stereotyped portrayal of homosexuals in this movie. It wasn't enough to ruin the movie for me, considering it's a comedy and therefor MEANT to be overexaggerated, but it was enough to make me sit through some parts with a straight face. Or maybe the jokes just weren't that funny? Pushing aside all personal preferences about the media's portrayal of homosexuals, the gem of this movie was the actual plot and the message it relayed in regards to the obviously flawed Pension system. New York City Firefighter Lawrence "Larry" Valentine (played by Kevin James), fearing what would happen to his children should he die, finds a way to work around the flawed insurance system, by marrying best friend and Mr. February, Chuck Levine (played by Adam Sandler), therefor committing what they feel to be a harmless fraud. Suspicions aroused by insurance fraud detectives leads to them continuing and intensifying their charades, going to a Gay Rights attorney named Alex McDonough (the soon to be love interest of Sandler). Beyond the constant fat jokes and gay stereotypes and gags, you get to see a story about not only the means of which a devoted father and his devoted friend go to look out for the well-being of two children (whom already suffered the loss of their mother three years before the events of the movie), but you get a glimpse of a struggle going on for many homosexual couples today. It's the kind of heartwarming movie that, while it does have a good message, is one they you'll wait until they're just a little bit older to show to your kids (as are most Adam Sandler movies). Overall, an unorthodox family movie... with Zhang He's running amok. Just kidding.

My score: 7.5/10

((Signature credited to Katatonia MUCH OBLIGED!!!!))
Disclaimer: There are three things you can count on ChibiGingi do to: 1) Love Lu Meng unconditionally, 2) Not reply to your PMs in a timely manner. and 3) Trash Talk Zhou Cang at any given opportunity.

DrewTheDude-Dono
Han's Unifier

5:29 AM - Feb 03, 2009 #170

A Man Apart

3/10

As one might expect from a Vin Diesel movie, A Man Apart isn’t very good. It’s a rather hokey story about a couple of guys from the streets who turn away from a life of crime to become cops and make a difference and all. Diesel plays one such cop who manages to take down a major druglord, and his wife is murdered soon after. So basically it’s an action flick with revenge at the core and very little to set it apart from the myriad other lackluster films in the same vein, let alone to rival the better ones. Ahh, well.